ADVERTISEMENT

Rockingham vs Reidsville Game 1

FBCapitolofNC

Nov 4, 2013
This will be the 40th meeting between cross town foes. Reidsville leads the series 37-2.
Watched both teams last night. I don't see much of a chance of it being 37-3 after Friday.
I do like the new spread look for RC. They're not very deep and a lot of kids going both ways. They got a couple of hard nosed players, including getting Kyler Wicker back from Morehead. Paired with a couple of good running backs. We'll see. I think Baker will have them better at the end of the season than last year.
Reidsville looked better last night than Wednesday. Thought the DL looked better. Would like to see a few more good balls being caught, from some of the younger or less experienced receivers. Hill and Galloway made great catches.

Prediction RC 7 Reidsville 48

Last edited:
Paul this will be the 41st meeting of the two teams......Reidsville leads the series 38-2....Reidsville having outscored RC over those years by around a THOUSAND points.....no joke.......the rivalry that really isn't one.........................

Thought Reidsville looked pretty good last evening....especially the Offense.....Was shocked that NE Guilford had only about 23 players suited up...The opening of Northern Guilford several years ago has destroyed NE Guilford's program//////////

Couple of our coaches spoke with Coach Bates. He lost 15 players to the new 2.0 GPA rule in Guilford County. If you don't have a 2.0, not sure you should be playing anyway?

That's a dumb rule not like kicking them off the football team will improve their grades more than likely will make it worse

This will be my first time checking out the rams. Probably the least I've known about a rams team

Does anybody actually receive or read that sorry excuse of a local newspaper anymore????
There is some good info in there from time to time. There was a report on the Friday scrimmages.

Note: I get it free with the News & Record. I think if you subscribe to the N&R they add the local paper in there in an effort to keep circulation numbers up.

Can somebody give the starting line-ups for Reidsville? ... include year please.
For example:
QB - Titus Jones, Senior
LB - Trell Rankin, Junior

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Him and Abel will be back this week.
Offense
T Jones qb SR
T Canada RB jr
J Easley RB SR
T Rankin RB SR
A Slade OL SR
D Lawson OL Jr
A Robertson OL SR
M Carter OL SR
C Setliff OL SR
D Pinnix Ol Sr
L Smith OL Sr
C Galloway WR SR
A Abel WR SR
Special Teams
A Abel P SR
Z Baber PK Jr
C Setliff LS SR
Defense
D Lawson DL Jr
M Carter DL SR
L Smith DE Jr
D PINNIX DE SR
T Rankin ilb jr
Z Wade ilb SR
T Canada olb jr
A Abel olb SR
C Galloway CB SR
D Tatum CB SR
W Blackstock S Sr

Last edited:
Thanks ... looks like a lot of veterans - maybe not starters from a year ago, but guys who played a lot.

Hopefully its a minor injury. Watching earlier 7on7`s he`s been a stud at wr and db.

Hill talent wise should have played more last year how in the world is he not starting somewhere this year that makes no sense

I think he really could have been starting his sophomore year. I think they could have found a place for him last year, (Chestnut and Foster were obvious starters). I agree talent wise he's the best wr on the team, imo.

I'm just going off the lineup that was put up, but Pass is going to be legit hope he plays a lot this game.

Does Reidsville have any injuries going in to week 1 against rockingham or will everyone be suited up and ready to play

Ahhh.. the first game of the season feeling. Looking back I am not sure anything beats that feeling as a player. Though I bleed black and silver, I am not sure the outcome of this game will be any different from what everybody has been taught to expect. I really believed when we got off the bus in 2010 that we were going to finally put the Rock back in the win column. Was an awesome game but didn't go our way. Senior year in 2011 again I think we really believed that we could do it but we never made it happen. After graduating in 2012 I believe the team that year was a goal line stand away from doing it but once again the cougs fall short. Has been downhill since then.. Since graduation, it hurt to see the program go backwards. Especially after the success we were able to have at the rock! Can't give a prediction but I hope its closer than everyone expects. To you Reidsville guys, are you built for another title run??

Ahhh.. the first game of the season feeling. Looking back I am not sure anything beats that feeling as a player. Though I bleed black and silver, I am not sure the outcome of this game will be any different from what everybody has been taught to expect. I really believed when we got off the bus in 2010 that we were going to finally put the Rock back in the win column. Was an awesome game but didn't go our way. Senior year in 2011 again I think we really believed that we could do it but we never made it happen. After graduating in 2012 I believe the team that year was a goal line stand away from doing it but once again the cougs fall short. Has been downhill since then.. Since graduation, it hurt to see the program go backwards. Especially after the success we were able to have at the rock! Can't give a prediction but I hope its closer than everyone expects. To you Reidsville guys, are you built for another title run??
Yes.

Rockingham County 0 7 0 0 -- 7
Reidsville 14 7 7 6 -- 34

R -- Travion Canada 1 run (Zach Baber kick)
R -- Jalen Easley 12 run (Baber kick)
RC -- Kyler Whicker 47 pass from Alex Puffenberger (Noah Jones kick)
R -- Easley 53 pass from Titus Jones (Baber kick)
R -- Logan Graves 44 pass from Jones (Baber kick)
R -- Trell Rankin 25 interception return (kick blocked)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT