ADVERTISEMENT

Rockingham County search for Head Football Coach

Perillo

Feb 5, 2006
It seems Coach Derrick Minor heads to Fred T Foard and Lin Stadler is daunted with the task of finding the replacement for the Man who replaced him before he heads to become the Head guy at Eden Morehead, I wish both guys well. One thing I only met Coach Minor once but really thought he was the man to change the culture at Rockingham a God fearing man who believes in accountability in himself his players an Coaches you will be missed.

Lin Stadler is the better coach although Minor is a fine coach. Lin had a couple of good seasons before his last year when he had a really young team. Coach Minor didn't really "change the culture" as he just took advantage of a better than usual situation at Rockingham County. The only problem with the Rockingham County culture was a lack of athletes. Coach Stadler does more than most people ever give him credit for.

I don't understand why Coach Minor would go to Foard. This is a very lateral job change. He's already a good coach but he could have used a few more years of seasoning so he can get a higher tier job.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Anyone who takes a head football coaching position at Fred T Foard has a rude awakening. One of the least winning teams in the state year after year. Coaches don't last long at FTF. Wrestling is a beast now at Foard much like Morehead. I would like to see Fred T Foeard turn the program around but the truth is the community and students could care less about the sport. Great community for family values though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT