ADVERTISEMENT

ROBCO

S2V2

Feb 28, 2018
SingleComplexCero-size_restricted.gif

ROBESON COUNTY
GET READY
- Whosoever lives in the district please mark this special day on your calendar. New Coach, New change, New vision, and a new path moving forward. Come early because it will be a packed house. If you have an 8th grader/upcoming 9th grader, you are highly encouraged to attend. If you are moving into the district or been thinking about it then come on out. Come by foot, bikes, canoe, horse, donkeys, or Lamborghini(and I better not catch you littering)......JUST GET THERE.

Here are your 5 W's

Time: 630pm

Who: Coach Roberson
What: Meet The Coach
When: 13 February, 2020
Where: Purnell Swett Cafeteria
Why: Because your support is valuable

I would like to bless Coach Roberson with nothing but pure success.
FOOTBALL.jpg

Proverbs 21:31
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord.

Last edited:
I want coach to due well.Just the same results.Two game win season.I am sorry u can’t win at this school.

I want coach to due well.Just the same results.Two game win season.I am sorry u can’t win at this school.
Wait........
Weren't you the same USER that said Fairmont was suppose to win it all in the 2A arena last yeer, and thuh yeer before, then you complained about the coach the minute you noticed the season was over and so on?(Man you missed that part)

Now you want to jump on the Swett bandwagon with me?

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
You can win at Swett but it would take a lot of things
1. A special coach that can relate to kids, has IQ, and incredible work ethic.
2. Administration support football and let the coach get done what needs to be done and give him the power to do so.
3. Get a football team back at townsend middle school.
4. Visit the middle schools routinely to build relationships with the athletes and clinic the middle school coaches there to use the same verbiage as high school and encourage them to teach fundamentals.
5. Great strength & conditioning program.
6. Oversee the development of a AAU football program in west robeson
7. Build a culture and program that will keep the athletes from transferring away, while also making it attractive enough for other athletes to consider coming to purnell with open enrollment in the county.
8. Keep politics and family ties out of decision making. While bringing in the best coaches possible no matter where they are from.
9. Try to Schedule St. Pauls, Fairmont, and Red springs to build excitement in the community, rivalries, make money, have winnable non conference games, and try to establish themselves as best program in the county.
10. Keep up with students grades and enstill discipline.

You can win at Swett but it would take a lot of things
1. A special coach that can relate to kids, has IQ, and incredible work ethic.
2. Administration support football and let the coach get done what needs to be done and give him the power to do so.
3. Get a football team back at townsend middle school.
4. Visit the middle schools routinely to build relationships with the athletes and clinic the middle school coaches there to use the same verbiage as high school and encourage them to teach fundamentals.
5. Great strength & conditioning program.
6. Oversee the development of a AAU football program in west robeson
7. Build a culture and program that will keep the athletes from transferring away, while also making it attractive enough for other athletes to consider coming to purnell with open enrollment in the county.
8. Keep politics and family ties out of decision making. While bringing in the best coaches possible no matter where they are from.
9. Try to Schedule St. Pauls, Fairmont, and Red springs to build excitement in the community, rivalries, make money, have winnable non conference games, and try to establish themselves as best program in the county.
10. Keep up with students grades and enstill discipline.
Great post
Yes sir all this combined must fall in place.

Are you from the area?

Last edited:
No I'm not from the area but have family in the area and I went to UNCP, but I coach at a school not in robeson county.
So youre very familiar I see. So you grew up here and left or have you coached here in the area and left?

Now that you mention coaching. There is an opening here. Dont know if you would want to apply but the position is open from what I have gathered.

I like all our coaches, but we could use new experience from other places.

No I did not grow up there but thanks for letting me know, but I have a great job best of luck to the program though.

Reactions: S2V2
U boys dont want none of the Devils, we take you'ens to the shed every Friday night and out work you every other day of the week! Who Dat!

U boys dont want none of the Devils, we take you'ens to the shed every Friday night and out work you every other day of the week! Who Dat!
Lookie hear my cosuin
This right-cheer is ah-making no since at all papa. I aint know who you is But I know the Rams will come ach-under and claim it.

Go back to your 1A box

This is cray cray

Reactions: heelzfor2
Lord God Son u know dem Devils play smash mouth big boy ball captain, no finesse in dat Devil game. U aint ready fer it Bro.

I'm just messing with you S2V2, I'd love to see the Rams get back to where they were in the early 90's when they actually challenged the Raiders for the conference title.

I'm just messing with you S2V2, I'd love to see the Rams get back to where they were in the early 90's when they actually challenged the Raiders for the conference title.
And were you part of the Raider or Swett clan during that time?

Nah, from RS, went to UNCP, had friends from West Rob/Swett. Jolicoeurs, Locklears, Hunts, etc. Went to many games at Big Mo back in the day though. Family from RS and St Pauls.

Nah, from RS, went to UNCP, had friends from West Rob/Swett. Jolicoeurs, Locklears, Hunts, etc. Went to many games at Big Mo back in the day though. Family from RS and St Pauls.
Oh yeah?!?
That's cool dude. Those Locklears and Hunts are still living in the area. But yeah man, if you dont make it this year, you should come next year and check us out at Big Mo. If anything come out for the 4th of July. Thats about the time when the Locklears and Hunts have a competition to see who has the flashiest and most expensive looking Golf cart.

The Locklears and Hunts also go cray cray for them Collard Samishes.

Well I do like some collards and some Fullers Q. First time I ate there had to be in the late 80's when they first opened up in that little place on 211, bout 10 miles outside Lumberton toward Red Springs.

Reactions: S2V2
Well I do like some collards and some Fullers Q. First time I ate there had to be in the late 80's when they first opened up in that little place on 211, bout 10 miles outside Lumberton toward Red Springs.
Yes sir
It was flooded due to the hurricane but there are now located in the heart of Pembroke.

Anyhow, today is the coaches meeting and sounds as if it will be a great turnout.

Time: 630pm
Who: Coach Roberson
What: Meet The Coach
When: 13 February, 2020
Where: Purnell Swett Cafeteria
Why: Because your support is valuable

The meeting went great. A plan is in place and the football culture is coming back. Watch what I say. I will not say what's in the recipe but watch what I say. It may not be all complete in the first year but watch the second year. Yet, be ready to see some light shine in the first year.

-------------- BREAK --------------
The Caravan is on its way

th

It’s not an easy place to win, yearly games verse:
Richmond, Scotland , Seventy First , Pinecrest ,
Jack Britt,,
What’s your prognosis on WinTOTAL in 2020??
Will you can you beat any of the above five???

It’s not an easy place to win, yearly games verse:
Richmond, Scotland , Seventy First , Pinecrest ,
Jack Britt,,
What’s your prognosis on WinTOTAL in 2020??
Will you can you beat any of the above five???
Mr. Scotswin
Nostradamus and myself sat for coffee at the PF Chang ach-under Raleigh in the days heading into the new year. What he said was head on. Though he was not quite specific, he did involve the Rams in 2020. He did leave me with a fortune cookie message.

Here we see the message:
funny-fortune-cookie-messages-20-5a784a89b4328__605.jpg

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
Well the first day will be 24 Feb 2020. Things are going to begin stepping up hill. Personally, I see the Swett Rams making some noice in the Sandhills neighborhood, knocking on some doors, and ah-cut'n-up in the playground. We will just have to wait and see with this tough schedule that we have here.

In the years of being a Swett Ram fan I have learned that the community will ONLY support if we are winning - bad mindset to have. I hope to see grown adults in 2020.

I look forward to positive supportive 2020 season and the way ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT