ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville vs Murphy

cool. tell a few of them to keep it up with them racial slurs to. You end up playing Union in the second round and pull that bulls*it youll have a bench clearing brawl on your hands.
Where is that coming from ? I’d be careful when accusing high school kids of something that serious. I saw nothing of the sort last night. I saw the opposite, kids helping each other up and a few pats on the back after a few plays. Come on man we as adults have to be better than that. “ defending my team “. Go Knights

I believe it was a Murphy player that had to be subdued by his coaches on the last play of the game..I haven't heard language like he was using since my military days..Flipping off the crowd several times..Its on the film if anyone would like to see it..Thing is the kid practically lives in Graham county..Ever time hes over here he has a Black Knights shirt on his back..folks were good to him over here..not sure I'd show up in a Knights shirt anymore around the other kids.

He ain't the only one who heard it. Not to mention the classless pic some of your boys took at the bulldog statue after the game. See y'all in a few weeks.
I’d say the picture is probably as classless as a coach that won’t shake hands. If Robbinsville wins we are racist if we lose we were overrated and got took to the woodshed. Is it that hard to say last night Robbinsville was better? If we play again Murphy may be better and I’ll congratulate you and hope you win a championship. Good luck Murphy, hope you play injury free football thru the playoffs. Hopefully we’ll see ya in a few weeks.

I believe it was a Murphy player that had to be subdued by his coaches on the last play of the game..I haven't heard language like he was using since my military days..Flipping off the crowd several times..Its on the film if anyone would like to see it..Thing is the kid practically lives in Graham county..Ever time hes over here he has a Black Knights shirt on his back..folks were good to him over here..not sure I'd show up in a Knights shirt anymore around the other kids.
I don’t know what your talking about wearing a Knights shirt . I know the kids and don’t know where you got that crap. But anyway the games over was a good game let’s not start this . We will probably see you in a few weeks again if both teams play ball like they should. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

I don’t know what your talking about wearing a Knights shirt . I know the kids and don’t know where you got that crap. But anyway the games over was a good game let’s not start this . We will probably see you in a few weeks again if both teams play ball like they should. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.
Very true. But the kid wears a Knights shirt ALOT..His girlfriend plays Robbinsville sports

cool. tell a few of them to keep it up with them racial slurs to. You end up playing Union in the second round and pull that bulls*it youll have a bench clearing brawl on your hands.
Wow, does EVERYTHING have to be about race? Grow up man!

I don't know ask some of your fans why it has to be about race. Grown ass men walking the fence calling kids the n-word. SICKENING. Sounds like the only people that need to "grow up" are the deliverance extras spouting that nonsense. Maybe tell them to "grow up" from the 1800s mindset and realize its 2019. Fine example they setting for the younger generation. No wonder this happens year after year its passed down.

But yet its only when we beat you that we hear this.
Any Refs heard this? No.
Everyone on the fence wasn't from Rville you know right?

My take on the game is this ... First half the Murphy defense dealt with a short field admirably over and over. The offense had a TD that came from a big run by Rathburn that got us in scoring position. We had an efficient drive that came from utilizing the pass to loosen up the D. Robbinsville offense was held mostly in check.

Second half, Murphy turnovers. The muffed kickoff have Rville great position, defense held forcing a field goal. 3 and out then a blocked punt on the out gave a first and goal that Rville capitalized on. Murphy drive again and a fumble inside the ten turned it over (forced by a timely hit). Murphy D continued to play lights out, the offense was vanilla and didn't utilize the pass to spread Rville out this Rville stuffed the run. Penalties for too many men on the field, TD with only ten men on the field. Punt with 3 minutes left at midfield and never get the ball back.

The sum of it all ... Rville wins a big game. Congratulations, it was earned. I thought sportsmanship as a whole was good. A few exceptions each side could be mentioned but it was a tense game. Officiating was fine, probably as good as I've seen this season. I'm confident in the Dogs if we find our way to Rville in the 3rd round. I expect another hard fought game which could go either way.

I’d say the picture is probably as classless as a coach that won’t shake hands. If Robbinsville wins we are racist if we lose we were overrated and got took to the woodshed. Is it that hard to say last night Robbinsville was better? If we play again Murphy may be better and I’ll congratulate you and hope you win a championship. Good luck Murphy, hope you play injury free football thru the playoffs. Hopefully we’ll see ya in a few weeks.
The guy you are talking about has as much class and integrity as anyone on the planet. I promise you that. Good reason for his stand on not shaking hands with rville. I have nothing but respect for the man.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
Not sure what coach you all are talking about but Murphy's line coach/defensive coordinator was first in line to shake hands last night.

I don't know ask some of your fans why it has to be about race. Grown ass men walking the fence calling kids the n-word. SICKENING. Sounds like the only people that need to "grow up" are the deliverance extras spouting that nonsense. Maybe tell them to "grow up" from the 1800s mindset and realize its 2019. Fine example they setting for the younger generation. No wonder this happens year after year its passed down.
So you are "supposedly" from Union? How many times have you been to a game in Robbinsville?

• Haha
The guy you are talking about has as much class and integrity as anyone on the planet. I promise you that. Good reason for his stand on not shaking hands with rville. I have nothing but respect for the man.
Is this the same guy that had the logo of a Murphy helmet with DEFWU below it? That's showing some class!

Not sure what coach your even talking about, I thought the boys on both sides showed great sportsmanship for a game with this much hype! Regardless they are still boys/young men and need positive leadership
I cant think of any way that not being willing to shake hands supports sportsmanship regardless......seems like the kids may have better sportsmanship than the adults.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and Gps62
No hes not the only one who heard it. But its old news by now. Everyone knows what goes on and what is said everytime they play.
Hmmm - Sounds like this might be "preplanned victimhood" since it is OLD NEWS. And as someone already said, it's interesting that the refs never hear the racial slurs. You guys do know that we have kids from 3 different ethnic backgrounds on our team, right?

I will say this and it’s just my opinion. The defensive front 4 for Murphy are as good as any ! I can’t imagine a team being able to put a better D line on the field. #71 I think ( Rayburn) is the best D lineman I’ve seen in a long long time. Plays hard every play and you can’t block him. Add the fact he’s big and athletic and you have a lethal combination! Is he a senior? I know he’s getting recruited, by who ?

Reactions: Gps62
I will say this and it’s just my opinion. The defensive front 4 for Murphy are as good as any ! I can’t imagine a team being able to put a better D line on the field. #71 I think ( Rayburn) is the best D lineman I’ve seen in a long long time. Plays hard every play and you can’t block him. Add the fact he’s big and athletic and you have a lethal combination! Is he a senior? I know he’s getting recruited, by who ?

He's a junior, not sure about recruiting

Reactions: Gps62
Hopefully the Robbinsville defense has turned the corner..They are giving up fewer points in conference play than any of the BIG 3.

#71 I think ( Rayburn) is the best D lineman I’ve seen in a long long time. Plays hard every play and you can’t block him. Add the fact he’s big and athletic and you have a lethal combination! Is he a senior? I know he’s getting recruited, by who
He's a junior, if he were a couple inches taller he would be a D1 player, no question.

Murphy started two juniors and a sophomore on the d-line Friday, they will have Davis back from injury next year too. Losing Stalcup to graduation will be a blow though, he's the unsung hero on the d-line.

He's a junior, if he were a couple inches taller he would be a D1 player, no question.

Murphy started two juniors and a sophomore on the d-line Friday, they will have Davis back from injury next year too. Losing Stalcup to graduation will be a blow though, he's the unsung hero on the d-line.
I don’t understand some of the recruiting decisions from the college teams in this area. Seems a few of the players in this area ( Rayburn for one ) could be an asset Mars hill , Brevard and if he continued to improve Western . He had all the tools and a motor to go with it. Just my thoughts. Friday was the 3rd time I’ve watched Murphy this year and his game didn’t change at all.

I must say that the game had some good hits. Murphy brought the wood. Robbinsville did to.
Murray got up slow.
Hooper got slammed by 2 guys.
Lawson got hit hard while stretching for a pass. Its a wonder nobody got hurt.

He had all the tools and a motor to go with it. Just my thoughts. Friday was the 3rd time I’ve watched Murphy this year and his game didn’t change at all
Rayburn will probably play D2 when it's all said and done. He's about the same height and size as Ryan Stiles that played at UNC Pembroke

Reactions: GreyGod623
I don’t understand some of the recruiting decisions from the college teams in this area. Seems a few of the players in this area ( Rayburn for one ) could be an asset Mars hill , Brevard and if he continued to improve Western . He had all the tools and a motor to go with it. Just my thoughts. Friday was the 3rd time I’ve watched Murphy this year and his game didn’t change at all.
His game never changes worked hard in the off season since he was 12 . He’s visited one Ivy League school . Our front is a handful Stalcup will be hard to replace but other than that it will be the same next year.

Reactions: mhs95
Hmmm - Sounds like this might be "preplanned victimhood" since it is OLD NEWS. And as someone already said, it's interesting that the refs never hear the racial slurs. You guys do know that we have kids from 3 different ethnic backgrounds on our team, right?

This, a bunch of bs. And Union will bring about 5 fans if they win lol. So good luck with you and the other four at Big Oaks.

Yes i would like to see it before tomorrow please.

Reactions: GreyGod623
I couldn't tell if he was flipping the bird or not so I'll not say he did. I will say he was raising his arms toward the visitors side in a way that did look like he was.

This needs to be over..I'm not posting pictures of kids on here..everyone has the film ..why did his coaches run on the field to get him? Emotions were high for everyone..Kids from both teams played their guts out

My take on the game is this ... First half the Murphy defense dealt with a short field admirably over and over. The offense had a TD that came from a big run by Rathburn that got us in scoring position. We had an efficient drive that came from utilizing the pass to loosen up the D. Robbinsville offense was held mostly in check.

Second half, Murphy turnovers. The muffed kickoff have Rville great position, defense held forcing a field goal. 3 and out then a blocked punt on the out gave a first and goal that Rville capitalized on. Murphy drive again and a fumble inside the ten turned it over (forced by a timely hit). Murphy D continued to play lights out, the offense was vanilla and didn't utilize the pass to spread Rville out this Rville stuffed the run. Penalties for too many men on the field, TD with only ten men on the field. Punt with 3 minutes left at midfield and never get the ball back.

The sum of it all ... Rville wins a big game. Congratulations, it was earned. I thought sportsmanship as a whole was good. A few exceptions each side could be mentioned but it was a tense game. Officiating was fine, probably as good as I've seen this season. I'm confident in the Dogs if we find our way to Rville in the 3rd round. I expect another hard fought game which could go either way.
My take on the game was the Robbinsville defense in the 2nd half..Murphy was held to 2 first downs after halftime..that's saying a lot to hold such an explosive offense as Murphy to that..Also late in the 4th qrt, with under 5 minutes to play Robbinsville had the ball 1st and 25 on their own 15 yd line and was able to convert the 1st down.
And then finally Murphys decision to punt on 4th down while inside Robbinsville territory with 3 minutes left in the game..After that Robbinsville rolls off 3 first downs and ended the game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT