ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville vs Murphy

I said at the beginning of the year that the Murphy run game was soft and wouldn't get the win against us. Friday night just proved that to be a fact. Other than a long run in the first quarter by the fullback, maybe about a 100 yards. Now I will admit that if Murphy would have kept on passing the ball like they did on their 2nd quarter drive, we may have had a problem. Thank goodness the coaching staff at Murphy decided to keep the ball on the ground.

Defensively I'm going to tip my hat to the Dogs. I thought we'd score a lot more, but that front four and the linebackers are dang tough. Like I read earlier, that Rayburn kid is impressive. The Stalcup kid really eats up space and the linebacker/defensive end who walks roams and rushes the QB did good too.

Next meeting is in Robbinsville. Defense always shows up so I look for another good tight game. I believe the toughness of Anderson and Hooper will be the deciding factor again. Robbinsville 27-14. Go Knights!

Reactions: BK13T-$
I said at the beginning of the year that the Murphy run game was soft and wouldn't get the win against us. Friday night just proved that to be a fact. Other than a long run in the first quarter by the fullback, maybe about a 100 yards. Now I will admit that if Murphy would have kept on passing the ball like they did on their 2nd quarter drive, we may have had a problem. Thank goodness the coaching staff at Murphy decided to keep the ball on the ground.

Defensively I'm going to tip my hat to the Dogs. I thought we'd score a lot more, but that front four and the linebackers are dang tough. Like I read earlier, that Rayburn kid is impressive. The Stalcup kid really eats up space and the linebacker/defensive end who walks roams and rushes the QB did good too.

Next meeting is in Robbinsville. Defense always shows up so I look for another good tight game. I believe the toughness of Anderson and Hooper will be the deciding factor again. Robbinsville 27-14. Go Knights!
Blah blah blah

Remember guys if everything works out we’ll play Murphy again. Let’s be thankful for the win and leave it at that. Some of our fans are writing checks with their mouth that you’re going ask our team to cash. Bad idea! Don’t get me wrong our kids were the better team last Friday night but that can change in the blink of eye. Congratulations to our Knights on a conference championship and 11-0. My grandfather once told if you don’t like getting bee stung quit poking the damn hive. Let’s move on. Job isn’t finished!

Remember guys if everything works out we’ll play Murphy again. Let’s be thankful for the win and leave it at that. Some of our fans are writing checks with their mouth that you’re going ask our team to cash. Bad idea! Don’t get me wrong our kids were the better team last Friday night but that can change in the blink of eye. Congratulations to our Knights on a conference championship and 11-0. My grandfather once told if you don’t like getting bee stung quit poking the damn hive. Let’s move on. Job isn’t finished!
Some from both towns writing checks...should learn to be quiet.

The Murphy run game is soft? Man I didn't know having the leading rusher in WNC was considered soft.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT