ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville vs Murphy

Maroondevilfan

Jan 21, 2019
score prediction? what factors go into this game? can murphy stop hooper and anderson ? can robbinsville stop murray and company?

My prediction is a 21 point win from robbinsville 35-14. just too much speed for robbinsville.
Anything's possible but I would not count Murphy out in this game. Robbinsville sure has played some damn good football this year ,and I would also give the BlackKnights the advantage ,but I don't see know blowout because Murphy may be able to run a ball control offence and limit Robbinsville offensive positions

Murray leads WNC and Anderson is 2nd.

How many kids will Robbinsville be playing without?

How many is Murphy without?

A lot of questions for both teams.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
How many kids will Robbinsville be playing without?

How many is Murphy without?.
Murphy has played all year (minus one half against Hayesville) without their starting left guard Satterfield, who is easily their best interior o-lineman. 'Dogs have played all the conference games without their starting left tackle/defensive end Davis as well.

Losing two starters on your line is really tough for a 1A school but the coaches have done a good job working with the cards they've been dealt. With that said line depth is a concern in a game like this. Depth was probably a factor in Swain being on par or slightly better in the 2nd half against Murphy after getting thoroughly outplayed in the 1st half.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gentle Knight
Would love to see this game. Winner becomes or remains the 1a state title favorite. With the injuries on the Murphy line can Robbinsville take advantage with the Anderson/Hooper show? Will Gentry do Gentry things and figure out a way to slow the Robbinsville run game? If not for senior night at Mitchell, I would take a vacation day and make the trip.

Early week prediction is Robbinsville by 6. I actually have no idea but with the way Robbinsville rolled Swain that's my prediction.

Go Mountaineers

Robbinsville will need to play their best game of the year. Long drives ending in TD’s not field goal attempts. No turn overs and stay out of 3rd and long situations. We’re gonna give up some points so don’t get down. Special team play may decide this one, so prepare for it. I’ll go with my Knights 27-24. Good luck to two great programs!!! Hope for some injury free football. !!!

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Just me personally , I think people have read too much into the Swain Murphy game/score . Historically for whatever reason we dont play well at Swain .

Murphy has a tremendous win record at home and the dogs will be ready to play . They bring a stingy defense .Like Robbinsville they have one of the few offenses in the conference that can hurt you through the air and on the ground.

I am not gonna predict a winner, just simply that the winner will be who wants it more .

As an old coach used to say if this game dont light your fire your wood is wet .

Goodluck to both teams

I wouldn't be surprised if rville comes out with the same game plan as with Swain. Rville loaded up, pinned their ears back and dared them to throw. I think you'll see the same at the Hill. Is rville 40+ better than Swain? I'm not really sure, my gut says no. I do think rville has the offense to survive a shoot out, they're very good. Murphy has a very good defense so those matchups should be fun to watch. Both teams will be ready to play. No message board material needed. Should be a SMC classic that if I'm guessing correctly we'll all see again in a few weeks.

Murphy will not turn the ball over as many times as Swain did in that game. Something was just wrong with the boys that night. I wouldn't expect to see much more passing than normal Friday night. You can put them in the box and try to stop Murray, but that boy is a hoss to bring down and the longer those boys are on the field, the more tired the defense will get. We might see Robbinsville in the lead at the half, but I feel Murphy will come out on top by the end of the game. 28-24.

I can say that Robbinsville with my eye test is one td better than Murphy. With that said Murphy is one score better than Robbinsville at Murphy. So I see a close game with a extra point or conversion difference. Maybe even a field goal. No more than 3 points difference. Murphy defense is strong inside. Robbinsville runs very good between the tackles. Robbinsville will have to attack the corners and convert some third and long situations with the passing game. Murphy will be smart and force Robbinsville to throw more. Murphy will have to mix in some roll out passes and get their backs outside. Misdirection plays and catch Robbinsville defense misreading the plays.

Last edited:
Reactions: CherokeeKid
Looks like great football weather Friday night. Clear and around 36 degrees at kickoff.

"To the Victor go the Spoils", congratulations to Both Schools, Coach Walsh and Coach Gentry and their staffs on a great season....Should be a great game for the fans of the Black Knights and the Bulldogs, and a very worthy champion of the SMC will be crowned tomorrow night at the Hill...

Good luck to all the SMC teams in the upcoming playoffs!

Both teams might want to lose this game. Rest assured, if Mitchell goes 1AA, these two will be playing again for the State Championship and it’s hard to beat a really good team twice.

Reactions: BK13T-$
That and sounds like both sides are dealing with some stuff this week that could impact the game Friday.
If you are talking about injuries, sounds like Murphy is pretty healthy besides Satterfield on the offensive line. Coach G was on the SMC Report with FYN last night and a question was asked about injuries and he said all is pretty good in that front with Satterfield probably getting more playing time with the ACL injury he had. He said he will be getting more reps depending on how the game goes. Other then that, not sure what you would be referring too.

If you are talking about injuries, sounds like Murphy is pretty healthy besides Satterfield on the offensive line. Coach G was on the SMC Report with FYN last night and a question was asked about injuries and he said all is pretty good in that front with Satterfield probably getting more playing time with the ACL injury he had. He said he will be getting more reps depending on how the game goes. Other then that, not sure what you would be referring too.
Not talking about injuries as far as Murphy is concerned, it's other garbage unfortunately.

But as far as injuries Satterfield isn't the only starter that was hurt, like I said earlier in.the thread Davis, who started at left tackle and d-end, is out for the season. Only positive is Murphy is use to not having either one at this point.

Not talking about injuries as far as Murphy is concerned, it's other garbage unfortunately.

But as far as injuries Satterfield isn't the only starter that was hurt, like I said earlier in.the thread Davis, who started at left tackle and d-end, is out for the season. Only positive is Murphy is use to not having either one at this point.
How about elaborating on the "garbage"

Kids will do dumb stuff sometimes. Maybe it's just one game.

Sickness going around too I heard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT