ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville needs a game.

Just curious you know this for fact or just speculation? I’m not insinuating either way I’m just curious.
Just seems that some people think we aren’t trying to get a game. People have been on the phone for days trying. Thought we had it wrapped up today, but a man’s word doesn’t travel to far this day and time. We’re not giving up though!

Just seems that some people think we aren’t trying to get a game.
I get that. I’d loved to have seen us play this past season. Lost a lot to graduation this past year. My son and several other two and three year starters and 7 all conference defensive players counting them. But they still have a tough bunch I was looking forward to this game when I saw it on the schedule early on.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackCat93
Just seems that some people think we aren’t trying to get a game. People have been on the phone for days trying. Thought we had it wrapped up today, but a man’s word doesn’t travel to far this day and time. We’re not giving up though!
Which state were we possibly going to?

Reactions: 97Cougar
If the truth is known nobody wants to be beat by a 1A powerhouse !! It’s been said for decades. Look what Robbinsville did to Asheville this year and we all know Robbinsville should have and could have beaten Brevard. That was a game that Robbinsville would win 9 times out of 10. Just my two cents worth

I'd give Alcoa a call. Can't get smacked any worse than we did by Rabun lol.

Beats sitting at home.

Yes it will but I still got hope.
Swain at Robbinsville in 2weeks.
If Swain is decent they should win but Robbinsville surprised me many times.

I'm glad union ga is getting beat by alot each week. Karma

So if we're unable to play anymore nonconference games this season then that pretty much puts us out from making the playoffs unless we win conference? With how many teams that are fortunate enough to be playing the full 10 season i can't imagine they let a 4-3 or 5-2 team in if they aren't conference champions? I dunno how things are going to be decided in that regard this year but I cant help but think our season for all intents and purposes is over with.....

So if we're unable to play anymore nonconference games this season then that pretty much puts us out from making the playoffs unless we win conference? With how many teams that are fortunate enough to be playing the full 10 season i can't imagine they let a 4-3 or 5-2 team in if they aren't conference champions? I dunno how things are going to be decided in that regard this year but I cant help but think our season for all intents and purposes is over with.....
Post season still very much in reach.

I'd give Alcoa a call. Can't get smacked any worse than we did by Rabun lol.

Beats sitting at home.

Respectfully disagree. No sense in scheduling a game that you're just going to get embarrassed in and risk getting kids hurt that you will need for conference games. Murphy dodged a bullet with South Pitt cancelling, it was stupid to then turn around and schedule a beating from Rabun County.

Respectfully disagree. No sense in scheduling a game that you're just going to get embarrassed in and risk getting kids hurt that you will need for conference games. Murphy dodged a bullet with South Pitt cancelling, it was stupid to then turn around and schedule a beating from Rabun County.
I kinda agree. Mitchell’s tough schedule has put several starters out before conference play begins.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Let’s be positive! We are avoiding injuries with conference games a few weeks away. We may be rusty but that can be fixed. Playing Alcoa is a no win situation for Robbinsville. 1) you’re going to get hammered. Starters wouldn’t play that much anyway. Why would they ? Getting blown out and risk of injury.2) we need a winner , a confidence builder after the Brevard implosion.3) let’s do it on our terms , a cupcake at home or don’t do it at all and meet Swain healthy which is a home game. 4) it’s obvious I don’t know what I’m talking about and am sure Walsh and crew will take about any game they can get which is fine also. If Walsh and crew call me and ask for my opinion or to help them find a game I’ll update my post. Good luck to all those playing Friday night and especially those with long bus rides.

I'm going out on a limb here and say no game next friday either.

Don't know if they want to play each other twice. But Cherokee has a bye next week bc there game against Rosman was cancelled last week they have only 9 games scheduled. Hayesville is also open next Friday and only have 9 games scheduled.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Don't know if they want to play each other twice. But Cherokee has a bye next week bc there game against Rosman was cancelled last week they have only 9 games scheduled. Hayesville is also open next Friday and only have 9 games scheduled.

I think Hayesville reschedule their Allegheny game for next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT