ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville @ Murphy

As long as Murphy controls the LOS they should have enough left on offense with #10, #28, #2, #6 and #24 to grind it out against Pamlico, lose that home run threat with #32.

Where it's really going to hurt is on defense, #32 and #40 can not be replaced defensively, not even close. Their speed at linebacker is going to be sorely missed against a team with Pamlico's speed.

Robbinsville’s offense is
Idk about that depends on the work put in, right now they are not strong enough to challenge Murphy or Mitchell...
I agree, and until we change something on offense and not be so predictable on passing downs then nothing will change. Roll out with a flood to the sideline. How hard is that to guard when you don’t ever run any routes to middle of field to keep defense honest lol

As long as Murphy controls the LOS they should have enough left on offense with #10, #28, #2, #6 and #24 to grind it out against Pamlico, lose that home run threat with #32.

Where it's really going to hurt is on defense, #32 and #40 can not be replaced defensively, not even close. Their speed at linebacker is going to be sorely missed against a team with Pamlico's speed.

I don't think it's a definite he's out is it?

Not sure what I just watched. Down 6-0 with 2 minutes to go in the half and then the wheels came off. It felt like Robbinsville didn't run 10 offensive plays tonight..Just so out of rhythm..Our best series was the first..We lined up in wishbone,got a couple first downs and that was pretty much it for the night.. Anderson probably didn't have 8 carries and Hooper probably didn't have 5..
No quick passes to our backs,no wide receiver screens, maybe a couple sweep plays to Anderson..Just seemed like a different team. Murphy just seems to take away a teams playbook. And of course 4 turnovers were killers
I guess a good team like Murphy just puts you out of rhythm. The team I saw tonight for Robbinsville, I hadn't seen all year.
This team is young.They will be back next year to battle Murphy once again for the conference title. We do so much with so very few kids..Very very proud of them.
11-3 is a very good year.

Last edited:
Unless the state overturns his ejection that was his last game at Murphy, sad stuff.

I picked Murphy by 21 and..... Mitchell was the 2nd best 1a team by far. Good luck to Murphy. Bet #32 plays.
Not sure about that. Robbinsville would have matched up much better against Mitchell. Anderson gutted Mitchell last year for 200 yds as a sophomore. This Robbinsville team is much better than last year's Robbinsville team

Not sure about that. Robbinsville would have matched up much better against Mitchell. Anderson gutted Mitchell last year for 200 yds as a sophomore. This Robbinsville team is much better than last year's Robbinsville team

This isn't last year. Robbinsville wouldn't beat Mitchell this year.

I saw some crazy calls tonight for sure. I guess the east style of calling is a little different than the west. Who will call the state game east or west?

Can anyone explain the chop block call on Murphy when we were on Defense?

It is possible to chop block on defense. On a screen, sweep or any play with blockers out front a defender can not hit the blockers low in an attempt to reduce the number of lead blockers. It was put for safety reasons. It is called a few times a season, but not many.

I saw some crazy calls tonight for sure. I guess the east style of calling is a little different than the west. Who will call the state game east or west?
The calls where trouble and our d line just plan dominated great job !! but enough of RHS vs MHS cause we are moving on to state !!! Good luck next year Knights ! Lets go BIg Dogs .

Like I said, Murphy is wiping the floor with Robbinsville...
I usally try to stay civil on these boards but why is someone from Mitchell co on here kicking Robbinsville over a loss to Murphy? And no the state championship wasn’t played in ledger last week it’s next week Mountie. Let me give you a little history lesson , Robbinsville is 13-2 in state title games and Mitchell is 0-1. I would say preps could delete your account every year after the month of November because Mitchell is usally playing basketball by then . No I’m not a sore loser just defending my team from someone kicking them after there down. And next time I’m in ledger I’ll stop and show you one of MY 4 rings since no one from Mitchell co had ever seen one. Good luck to Murphy, clearly the better team . Bring it back to the mountains. Go SMC. See you guys next year.

Anybody know how many yards Robbinsville rushed for? That was a heck of a defensive performance last night. Hats off to the whole coaching staff and our young men. Now it’s time to finish the drill!!!!
I think someone said Anderson had 8 carries for 40 yds..He's been averaging over 22 carries a game??

Very proud of the Knights. We needed a lot to go our way last night and play perfection. That is asking a lot from a young team. I look at the positives, we managed to turn a “down” year into a 4th round appearance. Saw a very young line play against superior/veteran opponents and not back down. For such a young line Anderson almost eclipsed another 2000 yard season. Hooper grew more this season and that is just a few players returning. We will still have growing pains just like any small school, graduation will hurt but not going to cry around. We have a billboard of tradition that instills that motivation. Hold your head high Knights we will be back.

Tha ville didn't look nowhere near there usual selves out there last night!! Sucks for us on how much they return next year and I got a strong feelin rville will be in this same conversation for tha next few years!! Good year villers!! Guess that championship trophy gonna make its self at home here in tha mountains again this year!! Go get em dogs!!

I heard that Murphy has beaten Robbinsville 15 of the last 19 games. Murphy is the real deal! Kudos for Robbinsville for playing in the regionals and there's always next year.

Very proud of the Knights. We needed a lot to go our way last night and play perfection. That is asking a lot from a young team. I look at the positives, we managed to turn a “down” year into a 4th round appearance. Saw a very young line play against superior/veteran opponents and not back down. For such a young line Anderson almost eclipsed another 2000 yard season. Hooper grew more this season and that is just a few players returning. We will still have growing pains just like any small school, graduation will hurt but not going to cry around. We have a billboard of tradition that instills that motivation. Hold your head high Knights we will be back.
Agree

I usally try to stay civil on these boards but why is someone from Mitchell co on here kicking Robbinsville over a loss to Murphy? And no the state championship wasn’t played in ledger last week it’s next week Mountie. Let me give you a little history lesson , Robbinsville is 13-2 in state title games and Mitchell is 0-1. I would say preps could delete your account every year after the month of November because Mitchell is usally playing basketball by then . No I’m not a sore loser just defending my team from someone kicking them after there down. And next time I’m in ledger I’ll stop and show you one of MY 4 rings since no one from Mitchell co had ever seen one. Good luck to Murphy, clearly the better team . Bring it back to the mountains. Go SMC. See you guys next year.
Well normally I don’t talk *#$& either but robbinsville fans claimed on all forums that they were the 2nd best 1a team in the state which obviously wasn’t the case. And as far as last yr no matter who rushed for what Mitchell still beat you and would have this yr. if I’m wrong than than any poster besides a robbinsville poster call me out on it! You just got lucky to be on that side of the bracket and everyone knows it. It’s not a knock on robbinsville program, there’s no denying history. But today is today and Murphy is one step ahead of everyone including Mitchell. Everyone else has to up there game.

And as for rings you should have shown them last year when you were at ledger ending your season. I would have loved to seen them. All 4!

Well normally I don’t talk *#$& either but robbinsville fans claimed on all forums that they were the 2nd best 1a team in the state which obviously wasn’t the case. And as far as last yr no matter who rushed for what Mitchell still beat you and would have this yr. if I’m wrong than than any poster besides a robbinsville poster call me out on it! You just got lucky to be on that side of the bracket and everyone knows it. It’s not a knock on robbinsville program, there’s no denying history. But today is today and Murphy is one step ahead of everyone including Mitchell. Everyone else has to up there game.
Same could be said last year for Cherokee. It doesn’t matter how much someone can complain or theorize; Cherokee was rightfully a state champion last year and Robbinsville finished 2nd in the West this year. We can sit here and go over the what if’s but it’s not going to put us up in Durham this week is it? It’s on to next year now.

Reactions: rville20
And as usual you are still a step behind the SMC. You have no idea if you could have beaten Robbinsville..It's all about the matchup. You people need to calm down in Mitchell Co until you do something or beat somebody for a Championship. There were 4 teams in the state that advanced further than you as usual. Always alot of talk up there over nothing.I think you all had a losing program for so long and then you have a few winning seasons and you think you are top dog. Hardly so. Mitchell football for years and years was the door mat of WNC football.Everyones homecoming game.

And as usual you are still a step behind the SMC. You have no idea if you could have beaten Robbinsville..It's all about the matchup. You people need to calm down in Mitchell Co until you do something or beat somebody for a Championship. There were 4 teams in the state that advanced further than you as usual. Always alot of talk up there over nothing.I think you all had a losing program for so long and then you have a few winning seasons and you think you are top dog. Hardly so. Mitchell football for years and years was the door mat of WNC football.Everyones homecoming game.
And you guys are the 49ers of high school football. Always talking about what all you have done. But the fact is you can’t win unless Murphy is down period. And you and 20 can concoct all the Murphy cheats theories you want to, but the fact is robbinsville isn’t the state power they used to be. And as for calming down there was 4 teams this yr but only one was better than Mitchell and everyone knows it. And as for last yr you probably sit there and saw it!

Reactions: Mhsneer
This is with no disrespect to Mitchell or any other but it is all about showing up for the game. Looking at common opponents and close games week by week can be fraught.
We are arguing about 2nd place...what was that Ricky Bobby said about being 1st? If we played Mitchell then yes we could discuss this more fully but the fact of the matter is R’ville didnt. So to continue this conjecture and argument is useless. The only thing I know for certain is both R’ville and Mitchell are sitting at home right now.

The people from Mitchell co want to be thought of as members of the SMC and one of the top teams in wnc but until they win something they are irrelevant. Just that tough game that championship caliber teams need before they play for a ring. Win yourself 13 or 14 state championship then we’ll talk. Until then strike up a conversation with someone else who’s team has never won anything, we’re talking about championships in this post and you guys aren’t qualified to take part.,.

Robbinsville has a mental block over Murphy. It's a real thing. For example 2009, when R-ville was so called "stacked" but still couldn't beat a 2009 Murphy team that was down comparably speaking to their standards. A home playoff game for Murphy against Robbinsville is a mismatch until i'm proven otherwise. Both great programs, just my opinion

Reactions: Mhsneer
Ok. First of all Mitchell doesn’t want to be in the smc. No offense to a great conference. Secondly for all of the 80s and 90s we were in a 2a or 3a conference. This year the whc arguably was every bit as good as the smc. In years past we put players at Clemson ncsu and one on the Dallas cowboys. In the past four years we’ve played in the western regional finals ever year but this one. We played in a 1aa state title game. I think most teams in the state would die for those kinds of records. Hats off to the smc Murphy for a great year hope you win state

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT