ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville @ Murphy

Anderson will be the best football player on the field Friday night.if he gets his usual or even 150 yds this could be a really good football game

Well I wasn't sayin they were at tha bottom and on tha choppin block!! I've just heard on here that nobody knew if it was there last year or not!! Neither 1 of them are spring chickens and time ain't slowin down all that much!!

Does the kid happen to play a position Murphy needs
IF he comes he could help on defense but that's not why he would be coming. Might be a JV player next season if some of this year's sophomores decide to play again next year.

Last edited:
That team on the other sideline might have a little something to say about that. Murphy usually wins these big games at home unless the opponent is a good bit better than them. Is Robbinsville a good bit better than Murphy right now?
Based on last weeks performance I think our defense is good enough to win a state championship. Its the offense I’m worried about. If we crap the bed with turnovers like we did last time its going to be a long night at the hill.

To be fair at least two of Robbinsville's interceptions last game were a direct result of Murphy's pass rush.

Murphy is absolutely the favorite Friday night it’s December football at the hill. But can Robbinsville shock the world? I absolutely believe Robbinsville is capable of pulling the upset. I mainly just read these boards and never post but I’ve got to give a shout out to my Robbinsville Black Knights. These guys have over achieved in my book. I mean you watch these guys in warmups and they don’t look that great but as soon as that ball is kicked off they come and hit you in the mouth for four quarters. The first game against Murphy they could have easily quit when they went down 14 to 0 in the blink of an eye but they did not they kept clawing back and had opportunities to stay in the game. I think Robbinsville is up for the task Friday night and I hope it’s injury free game for both sides. Come on Black Knights it’s time for y’all to shock the world!!!!

Reactions: mbdfan
Since you have seen both, how does Thomas Jefferson’s offense stack up against Murphy’s offense? Gonna be one heck of an atmosphere Friday night! I read in the paper that the gates will open at 5:30!
TJ offense is drastically different than Murphy but they had probably the best QB we played all year and athletes all over the field, the are a more spread you out team than Murphy is this year. But I agree with KnightinShiningArmor I think our defense is more than good enough they way the have been playing to go to state, don’t get me wrong Murphy will score their points, no doubt about it but our defense will make stops I think and I just hope our offense can get going early and get some momentum. If we can make Murphy sustain long drives and not give up big plays to them then we have a shot I think.

Anderson will be the best football player on the field Friday night.if he gets his usual or even 150 yds this could be a really good football game
Anderson is a great back and Hooper is also BUT McTaggart rushed 114 for 1272 in 12 games Anderson 255 for 1925 in 13 games. Anderson had over twice the touches and one more game. Murphy also has Allen, Murray,Roberts and Nelson to go along with McTaggart. It’s going to be a war. Murphy at home wins by 14

It’s hard to say how this game will go. Ordinarily I would pick Murphy to win comfortably at home against Robbinsville, but I think this knight team is too good for that. IMO it will come down to which team is able to be more balanced on offense (ground and air). Field position and special teams will play a big part too, and of course, turnovers and penalties always play a role. I think Murphy has more overall weapons and playing at home I think will put the Dogs over the top. Murphy by a TD or less.
I agree with your prediction. Emotions will be running high, I hope we can contain them. Like I said before if we can hang around until the fourth quarter I like our chances but it needs to be a 6-8 point game

Reactions: NC nole fan
Anderson is a great back and Hooper is also BUT McTaggart rushed 114 for 1272 in 12 games Anderson 255 for 1925 in 13 games. Anderson had over twice the touches and one more game. Murphy also has Allen, Murray,Roberts and Nelson to go along with McTaggart. It’s going to be a war. Murphy at home wins by 14
WOW! 1272 yards on 9 1/2 carries a game is amazing! No matter how many carries for Anderson 2000yds is also amazing!

WOW! 1272 yards on 9 1/2 carries a game is amazing! No matter how many carries for Anderson 2000yds is also amazing!
And Anderson is a junior & Hooper a Sophomore. Can’t imagine what numbers they will put up next year

Since you have seen both, how does Thomas Jefferson’s offense stack up against Murphy’s offense? Gonna be one heck of an atmosphere Friday night! I read in the paper that the gates will open at 5:30!
Murphy’s offense is a lot more explosive and balanced than TJs, but all I heard coming into that game was we were going up against world beaters when it came to the passing game and we shut them down like they were a JV team.

We shut TJ passing game down because of our pass rush. Our whole line was in TJ QBs face all night. It wont be that easy friday but i do think we will get into the back field alot.

People forget that it takes toughness and luck to rush over 200 times without getting hurt. No way to know if mctaggart could carry that many times without getting hurt.
Endurance is a big part of it.

He didnt have to carry many times with all the other good backs around him so its a moot point...

People forget that it takes toughness and luck to rush over 200 times without getting hurt. No way to know if mctaggart could carry that many times without getting hurt.
Endurance is a big part of it.

I have watched Slade play the last few seasons and it doesn't get much tougher than him. I have seen him turn his ankle hobble off the field under his own power get his ankle taped and be back out there carrying the ball 2 plays later. He plays so hard on both sides of the ball and you could tell all season he has been hurting.

I think he finally got healthy for the Alleghany game because he got his explosiveness back . Last week against Mitchell he refused to lose dragging Mitchell defenders in much of the same way KJ usually runs the ball.

The kid plays so hard every week and he doesn't take a down off when he is on the field.

ACT has Murphy picked by 7.
Most of thats for home field advantage.

Don't know exactly where chappell is but he is around 5600 I think and don't know if neclos played in smc every year but if he did he probably around those numbers as well

Agree with that. I was looking at some numbers this week and Anderson has 100 tackles on the year. Thats earning your keep about 1800 rushing and 100 tackles as a junior, the young man plays the game the way it should be played. On top of his gaudy stats he is one of the nicest young men you’ll ever meet, someone the younger kids can look up to and never get disappointed. Proud to call Mr. Anderson a Black Knight.
Murphy has two sophomores with 100 tackles . Proud of all our Bulldogs ! Go Dogs !

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
I think the game will be won by the d line Murphys d line had a great game the first game Our d line is improving every week I think it will be a great match up Lots of emotion Not sure how murphys defense played vs mitchell but our defense probably had one of its best games If we can keep up the intensity its gona be a fight till the end

Reactions: Gps62
No.
Odom is 1st Cherokee kid is 2nd
Mccracken is 3rd.
Brett didnt have but 1 year in the SMC, so he didnt rush for 5,000 plus vs SMC foes.
The other guy you've mentioned I've never heard of.

No.
Odom is 1st Cherokee kid is 2nd
Mccracken is 3rd.
Brett didnt have but 1 year in the SMC, so he didnt rush for 5,000 plus vs SMC foes.
The other guy you've mentioned I've never heard of.

I bet if you went back and added Chappell's yards from the then non conference games he played vs SMC teams he would climb up that list fast...even with just one full year in the conference, officially, :)

Vincent Neclos is mentioned here in the list of nc running backs with over 3000 yards in a season. Don’t know if Hendersonville was in the SMC then.

3,794 Kevin Parks (West Rowan), 2009
3,456 Montrell Coley (Goldsboro), 1996
3,411 Toney Baker (Ragsdale), 2003
3,388 Jed Bines (Parkland), 2001
3,380 Vincent Neclos (Hendersonville), 1998
3,304 Quan Warley (Thomasville), 2005
3,125 Anthony Barbour (Garner), 1987 3,070 T.A. McLendon (Albemarle), 2001 3,055 Casey Randolph (Mountain Heritage), 2009 3,030 Toney Baker (Ragsdale), 2004 3,004 Deronte McNeill (Northeastern), 2006

3000 YARD Rushing in one year.

Vincent Neclos is mentioned here in the list of nc running backs with over 3000 yards in a season. Don’t know if Hendersonville was in the SMC then.

3,794 Kevin Parks (West Rowan), 2009
3,456 Montrell Coley (Goldsboro), 1996
3,411 Toney Baker (Ragsdale), 2003
3,388 Jed Bines (Parkland), 2001
3,380 Vincent Neclos (Hendersonville), 1998
3,304 Quan Warley (Thomasville), 2005
3,125 Anthony Barbour (Garner), 1987 3,070 T.A. McLendon (Albemarle), 2001 3,055 Casey Randolph (Mountain Heritage), 2009 3,030 Toney Baker (Ragsdale), 2004 3,004 Deronte McNeill (Northeastern), 2006

3000 YARD Rushing in one year.

Not sure about his whole career, but I know he was in the SMC that year mentioned above in '98.

Neclos 5,199 total. Hendersonville was in the SMC 97,98,99,00.

SMC leading rushers
1. Kurt Odom ?
2. Wood 5,426 Cherokee
3. Mccracken 5219 Robbinsville

Side note. Brett 5,292.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT