ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville @ Murphy

He looked like it!! Kicker pretty good to have in tha hand!! He could boot that thing!! He had any scholarship offers!??

You have the same mess going on for your future teams too. The Rumfelt boys went to school over in Hayesville right up until last year. The Wood kid and Swain kid should be at HD, they are Ranger and HD kids. Both of the Hensley boys should have been at HD. Even your basketball team is led by the Abling kid whose sister and brother both went to HD. He doesn't even play football. You are the BAMA of high school football. Signing up all the talent in two counties every year.
The Wood boy lives 3 minutes from Murphy High School, his step mom teaches at Murphy Elem and his brother teaches at Murphy High. The Rumfelt boys went to a private christian school and the Hensley boys live right on the line of school districts. Try again.

You have the same mess going on for your future teams too. The Rumfelt boys went to school over in Hayesville right up until last year. The Wood kid and Swain kid should be at HD, they are Ranger and HD kids. Both of the Hensley boys should have been at HD. Even your basketball team is led by the Abling kid whose sister and brother both went to HD. He doesn't even play football. You are the BAMA of high school football. Signing up all the talent in two counties every year.

Talking about future teams, the two Martin boys on Andrews JV team live in the Murphy school district. The Weaver kid just transferred to Andrews this year from HD to play football. (I could care less). Why aren't you blowing Andrews up? The Nowell kid from Andrews transferred to robbinsville to wrestle. I bet you don't have a problem with that either. I have no issue with those 4 kids or where they're at but you're the one complaining. What's sad is that most folks have missed that there's a classic big time matchup this Friday night between two storied programs. Most folks on here have missed that no matter the outcome of Friday nights game, a SMC team will once again represent the west in a title game. Instead, a few (not all) of robbinsvilles posters are already making excuses for a black knight loss........

Last edited:
I think the arguments about this game are out of control. This is just a game, these boys are just here to have fun! I know my bulldogs have nothing but respect for the Knights and are more than excited to play a SMC game in the 4th round.
Go Dogs!

Reactions: Gps62
Lol...dude MHS is owning your mind...that's hysterical and yet sad

Last edited:
If Robbinsville had 160 last time then that impressive because murpgy kicked it short most the knight

Reactions: smcdogfan
I didnt know hthe wrestler was from Andrews. Where does he live?

Questions for the bulldog fans, do y’all expect your team to come out throwing ball or try to run it down our throats? How as Nelson looked in the passing game since we last played? Gentry call any designed runs for him as well?

Sorry I haven’t been keeping y’all updated...... I’ve been taking care of my sister ;). Plus I gotta walk all the way to Murphy to get any kind of signal. Them black knights are gonna be ready to play now boys

You're a little late this week with throwing out some big sandbaggish claim about somebody not playing. I'm disappointed.

Dee will have something new in the playbook.
I'm looking forward to seeing this match up. Dee probably does have a play or two or a new formation he hasnt shown yet. Same for Gentry, I can think of at least one wrinkle he hasnt shown this year. I definitely believe if it is dry you will see us pass a lot more than in the first meeting. I wish Friday would hurry up and get here!!

I haven't read these 1st 3 pages i guess i dont no what ur talking bout

Gotta be one of the best coaching match ups in the state .

Qb Murphy
RBs even
Wr Murphy
Line Murphy
Dl Murphy
Lb rville
Dbs even
Kickers rville

Is it Friday yet?!!!! If we can hang around until the end of the 3rd quarter I believe we might have a shot at it IMO

Questions for the bulldog fans, do y’all expect your team to come out throwing ball or try to run it down our throats? How as Nelson looked in the passing game since we last played? Gentry call any designed runs for him as well?

I think it depends , alleghany stuck 11 in the box and we play actioned out of the wing t and went deep early and often. We tried to do the same when Mitchell loaded the box but with it raining we hit open receivers that dropped it.

To answer your question Nelson has looked much better and the coaches have more confidence in the passing game. I say that because your seeing staple passing plays we used to run where earlier in the year we would just run the ball .

I think the heart of this team is the running game , but they can make you pay and in a hurry if you load the box against it.

As far as designed qb runs , they use it more as a surprise play than a part of the flow thing . For example when you key the 46 he will fake it and roll to the opposite side of the field for a big 3rd down play. Its not something they do frequently .

I think both teams are gonna have emotions running sky high. Gotta hope they can control them on the field. Can’t afford to be giving up free yards in this one. Can’t wait till Friday. Go dawgs!!!

Reactions: Gps62
I think Mitchell’s kicker will go somewhere in soccer he’s a really good soccer player

How about each teams injured? I know the big freshman lineman ( Carlos) was and has been for a while in a walking cast . Has he been released? For a freshman he seems to hold his own pretty good and is missed on offense . Anybody?

Reactions: BK13T-$
How about each teams injured? I know the big freshman lineman ( Carlos) was and has been for a while in a walking cast . Has he been released? For a freshman he seems to hold his own pretty good and is missed on offense . Anybody?
Murphy is good on the injury front as far as I know.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Both teams have great running backs. Anderson was the best I saw in person last year and McTaggart was the best by a wide margin I saw in person this year. Gonna be a great game. If it were around Asheville I would definitely go.

Gotta be one of the best coaching match ups in the state .

Qb Murphy
RBs even
Wr Murphy
Line Murphy
Dl Murphy
Lb rville
Dbs even
Kickers rville

The biggest factor that didn’t make the list. Home field advantage !!! Dang near impossible to win at the hill this time of year. Go knights

Reactions: smcdogfan
Both teams have great running backs. Anderson was the best I saw in person last year and McTaggart was the best by a wide margin I saw in person this year. Gonna be a great game. If it were around Asheville I would definitely go.

Yep, you nailed this one

I think what makes both of these two players special is they aren't only dangerous on offense but defensively as well . Both are key cogs in their teams d.

Reactions: ncvol2381
That's funny, Parker has been at Murphy since 7th grade and they moved here of their own accord. So was it a transfer? yes, was he "stolen"? no. Question, did Robbinsville "steal" Spencer McCoy and Isaiah Bradley?

I can already feel the butt hurt if a certain Hayesville transfer comes next year. And that to will be a choice made by that family, not a theft.

Does the Hayesville kid happen to play a position Murphy needs filled next year?

I think what makes both of these two players special is they aren't only dangerous on offense but defensively as well . Both are key cogs in their teams d.
Agree with that. I was looking at some numbers this week and Anderson has 100 tackles on the year. Thats earning your keep about 1800 rushing and 100 tackles as a junior, the young man plays the game the way it should be played. On top of his gaudy stats he is one of the nicest young men you’ll ever meet, someone the younger kids can look up to and never get disappointed. Proud to call Mr. Anderson a Black Knight.

Reactions: knine1
If Robbinsville doesn't turn the ball over and dont have 150 yds in flags we will be going down State.
Let it be written.

My bad. I didn’t intentionally slight Rylee . I was just making an uneducated guess, I was close. Bk what’s his total for his career? Did he get any carries as a freshman? What’s Hooper got on the year ?

Someone done said it in an earlier post, this is definitely tha game where a 10 yard penalty could be a decidin factor!!! I'm bout tired of tha analyzing and ready to get it!! Do unz think tha very 1st coach after Walsh and gentry are gonna be a good fit and keep tha sauce on games like this!??

That’s a great point brave, I think if possible you hire in house, someone that knows what games like this mean to the school and the community. I don’t think an outside hire can really understand what these games are all about. A new coach in the SMC wouldn’t be coming in to programs on top ( at the moment) usually a new coach means the old one wasn’t having much success and wouldn’t be in games of this magnitude anyway. Am I making any sense at all ? Hahaha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT