ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville at Rosman!

Tigertown_a_Rick

Jul 29, 2001
For the first time that I can remember, Rosman and Robbinsville will meet this friday as unbeaten conference foes as both teams enter friday night's game in Rosman with identical 2-0 conference marks with first place in the SMC on the line...

The Black Knights and Rosman first met on the gridiron back in 1964 with Robbinsville winning that first contest 21-7 over the Tigers....

Thru the years, the teams have met 40 times with Robbinsville holding a commanding 30-10 edge....In SMC play, the Black Knights hold a 16-7 advantage over the Tigers with Rosman's last victory in this rivalry coming in 2011 when the Tigers won 41-28....

The last time that these two teams met in Rosman was 2013, and what a game it was as Black Knight Jr. QB Skylar Matheson rushed for over 300yds with Rosman's Tanner Green also putting on a display that night rushing for a TD while also returning an INT and Kickoff for TDs in a game that whoever had the ball last was going to win, and that turned out to be Robbinsville( 43-37)...

Most know about the heartbreak that the Tigers have endured at the hands of the Black Knights thru the years as Robbinsville has stopped the Tigers from playing for several state titles in the late 70's early 80's when the Black Knights won 5 straight from 1979-83', ending the Tigers season from 81'-83' in the playoffs...

Fast forward to last year, and once again it was Robbinsville that ended the Tigers season with a 28-14 victory in the 2nd round of the playoffs in Robbinsville on their way to a perfect 16-0 record and a 13th state 1A Title....

As for the game this friday, Robbinsville comes to town after a hard earned victory at Murphy on Monday in which the Black Knights defense stopped the Bulldogs 3 times in the 2nd half inside the Redzone...On offense, it's the Millsaps' boys that are doing a lot of the damage as QB Colton directs the offense and RB Lane does about everything else...lol, and that was the case once again last night in Murphy as both Millsap kids made a lot of plays, especially in the final 6 minutes when Robbinsville drove 70yds to take a 30-22 lead that they held onto as Murphy's pass into the endzone on the final play fell incomplete....The Black Knights are physically imposing upfront, and have a tremendous amount of experience on both lines....Other than the Millsap kids, Big FB Colby Hemphill is a load behind the big line, once the Black Knights get inside the 10yd line, and that was the case in the first half, last night in Murphy....

As for the Tigers, the defense has really improved this season, and they will need to be at their best this friday when the Black Knights roll into Tigertown....The Tiger offense continues to chug along inspite of missing a couple QBs, and that offense is going to have to move the ball against the Black Knights, or the game could get away from the Tigers in a hurry this friday....

It's been a very long time since the Tigers have played a SMC game of this magnitude, and I hope the Tigers are up to the task...

Expect a big crowd this friday night in Tigertown, and I wish all the Black Knight fans a safe trip to SW Transylvania County!

Roar Tigers Roar!

Reactions: snake52
The title is decided this Friday in Rosman! Having seen both teams teams play and both are very impressive on the line both sides of the ball. Not sure who I would pick in this game but I am thinking Rosman has a slight advantage with their running game and will be hard to stop. So I am going with Rosman by 1.

Robbinsville run defense looked really good Monday night against Murphy...from what I've heard about Rosman running game tells me it will be a game in the trenches for sure IMO...it's definitely gonna be a good game...I'm looking forward to seein this Rosman team that have heard nothing but good things about...should be a very interesting game...best of luck to yours tigers tigertown Rick...can't wait til Friday

Good post Rick. Expecting a heck of a game this Friday. R'ville will probably bring a crowd to Tigertown. Do you know if the game will be broadcast on the internet?

Rosman will have to keep Rville offences off the field to win this game if they can't it'll be a long night for the tigers you'll see a lot of #44 and #10 running it down your throat.

Good post Rick. Expecting a heck of a game this Friday. R'ville will probably bring a crowd to Tigertown. Do you know if the game will be broadcast on the internet?

I don't do the radio broadcast any more, so don't have any info about whether the game is being broadcast or not, but I'm assuming that it will?

As for the big crowd, it's going to be an electric atmosphere on friday....

Have a safe trip to Tigertown!

Roar Tigers Roar!

I think Robbinsville by 14 is a pretty good pick. I'm glad to see Rosman back at the top, should be a great game.

Sure hope all the Tiger players are keeping up with these posts. If this don't fire em up , nothing will.
GO TIGERS

If they have to come on here to get fired up about this game then they aren't gonna get too fired up.

Just a lot of skepticism among some ,especially on another sight whether Rosman stands a chance or not. Guess we'll just have to wait till Friday and find out. Haven't seen them play all that much, but I heard they're a handful.
should be an awesome game.

Just a lot of skepticism among some ,especially on another sight whether Rosman stands a chance or not. Guess we'll just have to wait till Friday and find out. Haven't seen them play all that much, but I heard they're a handful.
should be an awesome game.

Tigerfinatic, You will notice that there are no Black Knight posters declaring Robbinsville as the favorite. We have been reading all about this bunch of Tigers and we have been dreading this game for a while now. I would venture to guess that when you look at the pick'em contest at the end of the week, you will probably see Rosman picked as often, if not more than Robbinsville. I'm thinking this is gonna be a real barnburner.

Obviously you haven't been reading the other message board but be that as it may I think it will be a very good game tomorrow night . I will venture to say as I've said all along this years Tigers' are special and are loaded with talent . Hopefully it will be displayed before a packed house in a few hours !!! GO TIGERS

I think it will depend on if the Tigers have their starting QB back. The rest of the backfield is good for the Tigers, but the playbook is just a little smaller with the 2nd string QB in there.

Game will start late. I think Rville was late getting here.

First I heard the game was going start around 8;30. Now I'm hearing between 7:45-8:00. Something happed on I-40 that kelp Rville from getting here on time. Anyone know?

I heard there was a guy pointing a gun at cars driving by at the Cherokee exit and they had to re route the bus through Cherokee and down through Maggie valley

I heard about that but didnt know if thats what it was or not? Better save than sorry. Thats alot of extra miles to be sitting on a bus. Hope it doesnt affect the boys.

Rville returns the Kick to the house. 8-0.
Rosman with ball.

Rosman moving the ball on the Knights but a Rosman fumble gives the knights the ball midfield.

Man what a game!!!! Good job to both teams they played there hearts out...rosman has a killer running game...number 7 definitely has a chance to be playing on Saturday!!! Good job Knights!!!! They really impressed me after playin at Murphy on Monday night then a very long ride to rosman tonight and playin a very good rosman tiger team...these two teams just might meet again in playoffs IMO...good job to rosman and good luck to the Rosman Tigers in the rest of the season...good job Black Knights!!!!

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
I think they will beat Murphy but..... it is in Murphy and its about match ups. murphy has a better passing game than Rville so that could help mupjy out.

Congrats Rville. Going into Murphy and rosamn 4 days apart and a 3 hours bus ride and still getting the win is a great thing. We all know Rosman is good and I expect another good one if we meet again at Big Oaks.

Does anyone know if our Starting lineman played. White is his name and he left the murphy game at halftime . #55 stepped in for him but 55 is very small for a lineman. what about 81. Did he return to the game? He was the player of the game if you as me.

What number is lineman your asking about? And i do believe 81 came back in looked like a stinger.

No white didn't play tonight...81 jumper looked very impressive tonight Bk I agree...55 did good stepping in halfway through Murphy game and tonight I agree he needs to hit weight room but for him to be asked to step in...I think he did good...anyone know how long white is out?

Dont know but we have Hayeswville next and then we have another open date. So even if he misses the Hayesville game he should be back for Cherokee and Swain. 3 down 3 togo.

Man what a game!!!! Good job to both teams they played there hearts out...rosman has a killer running game...number 7 definitely has a chance to be playing on Saturday!!! Good job Knights!!!! They really impressed me after playin at Murphy on Monday night then a very long ride to rosman tonight and playin a very good rosman tiger team...these two teams just might meet again in playoffs IMO...good job to rosman and good luck to the Rosman Tigers in the rest of the season...good job Black Knights!!!!

What a ballgame tonight....Hats off to Robbinsville on making the big play before the half and at the end of the game when the game was on the line....Inspired effort by the Tigers tonight who fell behind 15-0, and were down 29-15 at halftime....Held Robbinsville scoreless until that final long TD pass in the final minute....I knew the Millsap boys were going to be tough to corrale, and that turned out to be the case....Gage Orr was a gamer tonight for the Tigers, playing hurt most of the 2nd half...But when the Tigers needed him most, he stepped-up, and made the play....Really proud of how the defense played tonight against a very explosive Robbinsville team, especially Villagomez and Hoffman up front ....The Black Knights are clearly in the driver's seat to repeat as SMC Champs....

Congrats to the Black Knights, and good luck until we meet again!

Roar Tigers Roar!

I hope Murphy puts you guys out and we play them again. Dont really want to see Rosman again. wow.

What a ballgame tonight....Hats off to Robbinsville on making the big play before the half and at the end of the game when the game was on the line....Inspired effort by the Tigers tonight who fell behind 15-0, and were down 29-15 at halftime....Held Robbinsville scoreless until that final long TD pass in the final minute....I knew the Millsap boys were going to be tough to corrale, and that turned out to be the case....Gage Orr was a gamer tonight for the Tigers, playing hurt most of the 2nd half...But when the Tigers needed him most, he stepped-up, and made the play....Really proud of how the defense played tonight against a very explosive Robbinsville team, especially Villagomez and Hoffman up front ....The Black Knights are clearly in the driver's seat to repeat as SMC Champs....

Congrats to the Black Knights, and good luck until we meet again!

Roar Tigers Roar!

It sure was a barnburner tonite. Both sides played their hearts out. Great job, Tigers ... it really came down to who had the ball last. Good luck to Rosman the rest of the season.

I hope we have everybody back for the Murphy game .Beat them like a drum so we don't have to listen to that annoying announcer, Take care of Cherokee and Swain between now and then and top it all of by getting another shot at you guys in the playoffs. Is that asking to much from a Tiger fans perspective?!!!! Seriously hats off to you guys tonight , you came out on top but at the same time got to see that the boys from Tigertown are the real thing. Still plenty of ball to be played the next few weeks. Lace em up tight boys and lets take care of business. GO TIGERS

I hope we have everybody back for the Murphy game .Beat them like a drum so we don't have to listen to that annoying announcer
Murphy has 7 starters out (left tackle, right tackle, wingback, defensive tackle, defensive end, defensive tackle and both cornerbacks) 5 of them probably done for the year, so lets not bring injuries into this.

At present, there's nothing for Rosman to worry about as it relates to Murphy. If the 'Dogs do what they did tonight at Andrews when they play Rosman (and Murphy doesn't get any healthier), then the Tigers very well might beat Murphy like a drum this year. That's just the cold hard reality of things.

Last edited:
Sorry about your starters mbdfan, hate to see any body get hurt. must have been a good game between your guys and Andrews.

Reactions: mbdfan
Real proud of Gage Orr and Jacob Hall tonight. Played tough throughout the whole game. These two are special.

Sorry about your starters mbdfan, hate to see any body get hurt. must have been a good game between your guys and Andrews.
Yeah, it was a very entertaining game.

Here's to hoping Murphy and Rosman can at least get a little healthier in time for the playoffs.

Last edited:
I think the only two teams that are relatively healthy in the conference are Robbinsville and Cherokee. Hope everyone in the SMC get healthy come playoff time

Reactions: mbdfan
Tigerfinatic, What is the deal with your 1st string QB? He has been out most of the year hasn't he? Will he be back soon? Your backup QB is good, so I probably don't even want to see what your number 1 can do.

Sick to my stomach after this one. We could have folded up after the 15 point deficit, but we showed grit, guts, and determination. Time to regroup and make this our only conference loss. Then get it back come playoffs. Hats off to Rville. Hope you guys have a safe trip over the mountain.

Reactions: Tigerfinatic
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT