Robbinsville at Georgia force
Rosman at Robbinsville
Robbinsville at Hayesville
Open
Cherokee at Robbinsville
Robbinsville at Swain
Robbinsville at Andrews
Murphy at Robbinsville

Good looking games coming to the Big Oaks this year. That last one will be a dandy to watch. Has Erwin every played at Big Oaks?

Last edited:
Smoky at Robbinsville
Life Academy at Robbinsville
Ewrin at Robbinsville
Robbinsville at Rabun Gap
Robbinsville at Georgia force
Rosman at Robbinsville
Robbinsville at Hayesville
Open
Cherokee at Robbinsville
Robbinsville at Swain
Robbinsville at Andrews
Murphy at Robbinsville
I don't think this is going to be the correct schedule

You might be right.
I think all these games but one are 2nd game of a two yr contract. Assuming they was all 2 yr contracts. Rabun Gap is the only one that needed rescheduling.

Play ball.
Im just glad its at Big Oaks again. According to maxpreps

Home game and an 11th game. This situation could have and should have been handled differently. A more experienced refereeing crew would have shut it down before it ever got to the point it did.
Got to be another team somewhere that will come and play a state champion.?

Reactions: BK13T-$
Got to be another team somewhere that will come and play a state champion.?
It’s very difficult to find games. Most are a two year deal, home/away, and factor in bigger schools needing true JV games, and that makes it tough for our conference to find non conference games.

I would like to see Robbinsville play Greenback,TN the 2 schools are 52 miles apart.It would be a really good game.

Greenback would be a good one. Even smaller school than Robbinsville, but made the 1A title game 4 of the last 5 years, with kids signing with UNC and VA Tech in that run.

Greenback would be a good one. Even smaller school than Robbinsville, but made the 1A title game 4 of the last 5 years, with kids signing with UNC and VA Tech in that run.

They had a WR go to USF and he won Mr Football.The QB walked on at Louisville. They have a FR OL that has DI offers.I think Robbinsville could play with them though. It would be a great game to watch.

Maxpreps has Greenback starting the 2020 season ranked 5712 nationally.
Robbinsville begins ranked 1413..

Smaller but draw from a much bigger population area, definitely getting some kids that aren't just from Greenback or Tennessee for that matter. All the major players in eastern Tennessee high school football are major recruiters, that's why comparing schools like Greenback, Alcoa, etc. to similiar sized schools in North Carolina is apples to oranges.

I mean for anyone that believes a town with 1,200 people that is less than 1% black has kids like this
just randomly in their town, I don't know what to say. (Not implying you think they do).

For the record that kid ISN'T from Greenback, he isn't even from Tennessee. He's from Alabama and the cousin of former Univ of Alabama and current Cleveland Browns linebacker Mack Wilson.

I wonder what the Robbinsville's of the world would look like if they consistently "drew in" 1 or 2 kids like that.

Last edited:
Mbd is right. Greenback not a typical small 1a school. They get several players from Alcoa and Maryville that might not get the playing time at those schools but are great players. Their qb last year was starting qb at Maryville the year before.

Reactions: mbdfan
Calpreps has it Robbinsville 38 Greenback 28 in 2019
And Greenback 42 Robbinsville 21 in 2018. For what its worth

Last edited:
Calpreps has it Robbinsville 38 Greenback 28 in 2019
And Greenback 42 Robbinsville 21 in 2019. For what its worth

I think Robbinsville,Swain, and Murphy could play with and beat Greenback. Would be some awesome games to watch. It would be better than playing Life Christian.

Smaller but draw from a much bigger population area, definitely getting some kids that aren't just from Greenback or Tennessee for that matter. All the major players in eastern Tennessee high school football are major recruiters, that's why comparing schools like Greenback, Alcoa, etc. to similiar sized schools in North Carolina is apples to oranges.

I mean for anyone that believes a town with 1,200 people that is less than 1% black has kids like this just randomly in their town, I don't know what to say. (Not implying you think they do).

For the record that kid ISN'T from Greenback, he isn't even from Tennessee. He's from Alabama and the cousin of former Univ of Alabama and current Cleveland Browns linebacker Mack Wilson.

I wonder what the Robbinsville's of the world would look like if they consistently "drew in" 1 or 2 kids like that.

I see what you’re saying, but to be fair, that kid was there since the 8th grade, way before he was a big time recruit. It isn’t like they enticed a three star recruit to transfer for his junior or senior year. But SitOut is right, they do benefit from a lot of kids from Maryville who want more PT. I think the QB they got last year wanted out of a splitting reps situation.
https://www.news-herald.net/sports/...cle_5d147144-9e29-59e8-822c-9e9c6c711b5d.html
https://www.news-herald.net/sports/...cle_5d147144-9e29-59e8-822c-9e9c6c711b5d.html

I see what you’re saying, but to be fair, that kid was there since the 8th grade, way before he was a big time recruit. It isn’t like they enticed a three star recruit to transfer for his junior or senior year. But SitOut is right, they do benefit from a lot of kids from Maryville who want more PT. I think the QB they got last year wanted out of a splitting reps situation.
Dad got a job in Knoxville and "quickest way to get a place in Tennessee was Greenback" maybe but then later the head coach says he came to Greenback with the intention of becoming a college football player.

I mean maybe it was a random occurrence or maybe his dad got the job in Knoxville and then scoped out a local school with the environment and coaching he felt was best equipped to get his son to college. The kid might not have been a D1 recruit in 8th grade but at 6'4 270 lbs at 14 with a father that played FCS and two brothers that played FBS and FCS it was clearly headed in that direction.

I mean for anyone that believes a town with 1,200 people that is less than 1% black has kids like this just randomly in their town, I don't know what to say. (Not implying you think they do).

they would look like East surry.

Ewrin traded QBs with Haywood county.
Will this help Erwin or is this an even trade?

Ewrin traded QBs with Haywood county.
Will this help Erwin or is this an even trade?

I thought it was the Pisgah starter going to Erwin and the Pisgah backup going to Tuscola. Hadn't heard that the Erwin QB was going anywhere, and the article about Pisgah's QB transferring I read said he expected there to be a competition for the starting spot at Erwin now. You heard something different?

I thought it was the Pisgah starter going to Erwin and the Pisgah backup going to Tuscola. Hadn't heard that the Erwin QB was going anywhere, and the article about Pisgah's QB transferring I read said he expected there to be a competition for the starting spot at Erwin now. You heard something different?
Some people on the 3A board implying Erwin's starter from last year is also transferring to Tuscola

Some people on the 3A board implying Erwin's starter from last year is also transferring to Tuscola

Since both starters from last year for Tuscola were underclassmen, just seems a weird transfer destination...especially for two different kids.

Last edited:
Since both starters from last year for Tuscola were underclassmen, just seems a weird transfer destination...especially for two different kids.
Agreed, if it's accurate info I don't get it. It may not be athletically related for both of them. We're so use to seeing kids who play sports move for athletic reasons but there are still some who move for other reasons lol.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT