ADVERTISEMENT

RIP to the NCHSAA??

It looks like the board of directors is made up of people from schools. Who has more power the board of directors or the
Commissioner office.

and your point is ???

As long as Que Tucker is removed from her position, I’m all good with whatever they do. North Carolina should have played football last fall. She has been bad for many years going back to Televised LIVE Games that took forever to refusing ESPN offers to televise games. She has done a poor job. North Carolina deserves better. Step down Que!
Every time I have seen Que Tucker in an interactive forum, she has been the smartest person and the adult in the room. Are there things that can be improved? Yes. The NCHSAA is being punished in part for enforcing the rules everyone agreed to and being successful. Remove her at your peril. I, for one, do not want want to see a bunch of petulant children who have no business running a lemonade stand in charge and that is what you will have. Not sure why she puts up with all the crap because she could definitely earn more as an executive in the private sector.

I’ll miss you – don’t let door hit you on way out….
Man you are so funny. You should call your act the Silver Spoon Boy and the CC way.

I will enjoy not having State Taxes being taken out of my retirement though.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Hey, is that a Cross burning ?
To funny. I’m a racist.My mom’s boyfriend is a African American when he comes up from South Carolina we usually pick a house out or field. We could make Catholic jokes but those would be really inappropriate.

Last edited:
That’s what the TSSAA does.

One thing you missed. They have 18 full time employees and one part time. That is a few more than the NCHSAA has. Those are the people that run the show on a day to day basis. Their boards are the same setup as NC's.
During the hearings it was stated that two administrative people would be put in place to run the day to day operations at the direction of the board. So think about it...This is what I was trying to get across when I said the politicians are uninformed on what it took to run the day to day operations.

Every time I have seen Que Tucker in an interactive forum, she has been the smartest person and the adult in the room. Are there things that can be improved? Yes. The NCHSAA is being punished in part for enforcing the rules everyone agreed to and being successful. Remove her at your peril. I, for one, do not want want to see a bunch of petulant children who have no business running a lemonade stand in charge and that is what you will have. Not sure why she puts up with all the crap because she could definitely earn more as an executive in the private sector.
Que is sharp! Very smart. Tough.

Back to my ? Does the Commissioner Staff have more power or the Board of Dictators who are made up of school administrators.
The Board votes. The votes becomes the rule/regulation. The board votes on appeals. Their decision stands. At the end of the day the board makes the decision.

The Board votes. The votes becomes the rule/regulation. The board votes on appeals. Their decision stands. At the end of the day the board makes the decision.
And therein lies the problem. The board handles the votes to set the rules/regulations/appeals/amendments. The administration applies and enforces those rules. Everybody is happy. Until the pet team of a yahoo politician has those rules enforced against them and "voila." You have what you have today. Unfortunately, regardless of the organization and changes made, the yahoos don't go away.

Reactions: btango
I doubt all of this is because Tucker politely told McInnis, “no”. I think the manner in which it was handled sparked everything.

I don’t fault the Commissioner for sticking with her decision regarding Anson County, but you can’t so easily dismiss/blowoff this guy like he’s a nobody. Obviously I wasn’t in the room, but that is how some people portray their initial interactions.

“Yahoo” politician or not, he’s still a state senator and that carries a certain amount of weight. You’ve got to be savvy enough as a leader in your dealings with other powerful figures or you’re going to bring on headaches for yourself and your organization.

I doubt all of this is because Tucker politely told McInnis, “no”. I think the manner in which it was handled sparked everything.

I don’t fault the Commissioner for sticking with her decision regarding Anson County, but you can’t so easily dismiss/blowoff this guy like he’s a nobody. Obviously I wasn’t in the room, but that is how some people portray their initial interactions.

“Yahoo” politician or not, he’s still a state senator and that carries a certain amount of weight. You’ve got to be savvy enough as a leader in your dealings with other powerful figures or you’re going to bring on headaches for yourself and your organization.
Let's distill this down and not sugarcoat it. A state senator can carry an amount of weight. However, when you use it to heavy handedly change applied rules after the fact in an issue that pertains to high school sports it is called abuse of power. Que Tucker simply didn't bend to wrongly applied pressure. To take it further, when you don't get your way and use your office to spearhead legislative action to destroy that organization, it is carrying out a vendetta. Political weight goes as far as your stature and credibility take you. When you choose to spend it on what is essentially a public temper tantrum you waste it and you deserve all the mockery that should be heaped on you. Good for headlines. Good for stirring up a political base that may be in agreement with you. If McInnis' political calculus determined it was advantageous to behave like an ass, he can declare victory since he has perhaps locked in his next election. In the court of public opinion, he may have shredded his stature and credibility. McInnis has simply reinforced an opinion that too many elected officials are incompetent clowns focused on issues other than the job they were elected to do.

Let's distill this down and not sugarcoat it. A state senator can carry an amount of weight. However, when you use it to heavy handedly change applied rules after the fact in an issue that pertains to high school sports it is called abuse of power. Que Tucker simply didn't bend to wrongly applied pressure. To take it further, when you don't get your way and use your office to spearhead legislative action to destroy that organization, it is carrying out a vendetta. Political weight goes as far as your stature and credibility take you. When you choose to spend it on what is essentially a public temper tantrum you waste it and you deserve all the mockery that should be heaped on you. Good for headlines. Good for stirring up a political base that may be in agreement with you. If McInnis' political calculus determined it was advantageous to behave like an ass, he can declare victory since he has perhaps locked in his next election. In the court of public opinion, he may have shredded his stature and credibility. McInnis has simply reinforced an opinion that too many elected officials are incompetent clowns focused on issues other than the job they were elected to do.
This...100%

McInnis won his race in a landslide and where he’s from, all that’s really required to keep the seat is to have that (R) next to his name. He doesn’t need this for re-election capital.

I agree that Tucker was in the right to stand her ground on the issue, but know who you’re sitting across the table from. Know how to navigate the situation at hand. Know how to play the game at that level. You can stand your ground without leaving the other person feeling scorned and hell-bent on getting payback. They’re not mutually exclusive. A respectful ‘no’ doesn’t invoke those kind of emotions.

This whole mess is a huge distraction and source of major stress she didn’t need.

Maybe you believe this was all inevitable and there’s nothing she could’ve done differently to prevent this (other than give into his request), but I imagine she’d gladly take a mulligan on some aspects of how she dealt with McInnis.

McInnis won his race in a landslide and where he’s from, all that’s really required to keep the seat is to have that (R) next to his name. He doesn’t need this for re-election capital.

I agree that Tucker was in the right to stand her ground on the issue, but know who you’re sitting across the table from. Know how to navigate the situation at hand. Know how to play the game at that level. You can stand your ground without leaving the other person feeling scorned and hell-bent on getting payback. They’re not mutually exclusive. A respectful ‘no’ doesn’t invoke those kind of emotions.

This whole mess is a huge distraction and source of major stress she didn’t need.

Maybe you believe this was all inevitable and there’s nothing she could’ve done differently to prevent this (other than give into his request), but I imagine she’d gladly take a mulligan on some aspects of how she dealt with McInnis.
Been through his district several times in the past 2 years. Let's just say Tom has more than enough issues to deal with. The NCHSAA should be the last thing on his mind.

Reactions: jojr01 and btango
How do you feel this is in your area ? Has any organization come out in support of legislature? From what I’ve read, most are against it, but who knows…

I think Que was very nice and straight forward and McInnis persisted. It has been reported he told the NCHSAA they had not heard the end of it. I believe he perceived her as being disrespectful but I expect she just got to the point of being stern about it. He is not used to being told no being a State Senator. Then he stirred it up with a lot of hyperbole, some half truths, and focused on the fines exaggerating what was fines then the $41 million. He played Robin Hood.

Founded by Democrats but you do you.
I usually don't care to comment on political topics as I hate engaging in online arguments and both parties are often infuriating...but this comment in particular is always a telltale sign that someone didn't pay attention in history class lol. Here's a short read on the topic:

Basically, the "Democrats" you refer to that founded the KKK are not exactly the "Democrats" of today. Brush up on your history big fella

I usually don't care to comment on political topics as I hate engaging in online ...

Basically, the "Democrats" you refer to that founded the KKK are not exactly the "Democrats" of today. Brush up on your history big fella
Thank you mtnpack for the history tutorial. But the context I was pointing out was fact that the KKK was founded in Pulaski, TN (12/24/1865 by former officers of the Confederacy).
I have no idea why Democrats (vs Republican) was brought into it..

Reactions: mtnpack
I usually don't care to comment on political topics as I hate engaging in online arguments and both parties are often infuriating...but this comment in particular is always a telltale sign that someone didn't pay attention in history class lol. Here's a short read on the topic:

Didn’t know I said today Democrats. Yeah let someone say I’m racist because when I retire a want to move to TN.But when the Klan was 1st started it was a Democrat that started it. Does that history lesson include George Wallace and Robert Byrd.

How do you feel this is in your area ? Has any organization come out in support of legislature? From what I’ve read, most are against it, but who knows…

Melissa Merrell (Chair, Union County School Board), Catherine Truitt (NC Superintendent of Public Instruction), and Buddy Collins (former Vice Chair, State Board of Education) have all expressed concern with NCHSAA. I don’t know that they’ve publicly endorsed HB91 though.

Melissa Merrell (Chair, Union County School Board), Catherine Truitt (NC Superintendent of Public Instruction), and Buddy Collins (former Vice Chair, State Board of Education) have all expressed concern with NCHSAA. I don’t know that they’ve publicly endorsed HB91 though.
Thxs but I was wondering what organizations like N.C. Athletic Directors Association, N.C. Coaches Associations, etc….

I was referring to your profile picture - burning something
Yeah ok.
Bottom line - You come to a NC board and insult everone by claiming TN is the GOAT state. I merely point out a flaw in your logic
Dude I live in NC. You told me to move to TN. Their is so much stupid stuff I could say to point out flaws in your logic but it wouldn’t be appropriate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT