ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Buddy Rich.

btango

Nov 5, 2003
The President of Albemarle’s No Class Club, Buddy Rich, took his final encore this morning.

It is poetic that he would leave us on Pearl Harbor Day as he was a WW2 history buff and held so much respect for the men that served and sacrificed in a time of peril. He lived a long long dream of taking a ride on a WW2 bomber a few years ago.

He lived a full life, one of adventure, relationships, and good times. His Vice President, Blue Bones, has his fifty yard line seat, top row reserved for him.

RIP Buddy. You will be missed, my friend.

The President of Albemarle’s No Class Club, Buddy Rich, took his final encore this morning.

It is poetic that he would leave us on Pearl Harbor Day as he was a WW2 history buff and held so much respect for the men that served and sacrificed in a time of peril. He lived a long long dream of taking a ride on a WW2 bomber a few years ago.

He lived a full life, one of adventure, relationships, and good times. His Vice President, Blue Bones, has his fifty yard line seat, top row reserved for him.

RIP Buddy. You will be missed, my friend.
Great man going to miss talking football with him. RIH

Reactions: UNC91
He loved his family, Albemarle High School, drumming, and WW2 history. He also liked his hotdogs at halftime and was disappointed in how the quality had gone down since coach Gaster left us... in football and hotdogs. (His words...) :)

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Missed this news at the time due to a long absence from the boards. RIP, Buddy, you were awesome. Thanks for posting the obit. After reading that I realized I know some folks in Buddy's family well. Small world. Sincere condolences to his loved ones.

Missed this news at the time due to a long absence from the boards. RIP, Buddy, you were awesome. Thanks for posting the obit. After reading that I realized I know some folks in Buddy's family well. Small world. Sincere condolences to his loved ones.
Some great times were had on here by all due to Buddy and the boys

I am not sure that we are/were related but my family is from Stanley County and I have recollections of my Father of speaking of a Vernon Whitley. So let me say for this purpose, if you love football, kids, doing good, being kind to others, you and I must be related if not by blood then by Name. Bless you and may you rest in peace. Richard Whitley

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT