ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond's Current Situation

S2V2

Feb 28, 2018
map.jpg

Well I guess Richmond is about to lose three phenomenal players. Their D-1 quarterback and two D-1 lineman. They will be departing to college after the first semester. What will happen if football gets back on the field in the spring time......IF?

Reactions: Veejay4
Well I guess Richmond is about to lose three phenomenal players. Their D-1 quarterback and two D-1 lineman. They will be departing to college after the first semester. What will happen if football gets back on the field in the spring time......IF?
Wouldn't blame them if they did! RC has plenty of players no one will be crying over the departure other than RC folks. Those kids need to look out for themselves at this point because playing in the spring is a precarious situation for any kid and rolling into a fall season of high school or college if you have an offer in hand. Booger McFarland said playing two full seasons or even close to two full seasons is a disaster waiting to happen if you are really concerned about player health and well being. Not sure if that applies to HS but its not a good situation but as someone recently stated "it is what it is"

Last edited:
RC had a legit shot at winning it all this year. Doubt they win it all without the 3 guys listed above.

RC had a legit shot at winning it all this year. Doubt they win it all without the 3 guys listed above.
I believe this is the 3rd time the NCHSAA has pushed dates back. Kids who are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to start in the Spring. Should hit the door running. Go get a early start on your education. Hanging around for a 50/50 chance of playing a 7 game season. Ughhh!

RSHS does not have an early graduation program.

If this is true, is one to assume they are transferring out of state to a high school that would provide them the opportunity to finish in December?

Not saying this could not happen, but I would remain skeptical until it happens.

I believe this is the 3rd time the NCHSAA has pushed dates back. Kids who are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to start in the Spring. Should hit the door running. Go get a early start on your education. Hanging around for a 50/50 chance of playing a 7 game season. Ughhh!
Akin to playing in a meaningless bowl game and you are a 1st round pick just on a much smaller scale. My son has a D1 kid on his team and I will be interested to see what he does. He doesn't have Power 5 offers except Vandy. but he has a bunch of decent teams. Not sure if playing helps him get more Power 5 offers. That late probably not!

We in the county want our young man to be happy and make the best decision for themselves. They grow up dreaming about being a raider they love playing together with their friends that they have played with since being kids. They understand the history the tradition how important number 8 would be. If the virus calms down and we are blessed to play in February don't be surprised if all those commits come back for one last ride and if some choose to go to college early great for them education first trust me we have plenty of talent just waiting for an opportunity coach till and the staff will have them ready facts.

So much going on. So much shifting and no one is going to receive no championship ring...

RSHS does not have an early graduation program.

If this is true, is one to assume they are transferring out of state to a high school that would provide them the opportunity to finish in December?

Not saying this could not happen, but I would remain skeptical until it happens.

Our newly formed 7v7 team will be facing MP Saturday. They will be playing with heavy hearts. I see a big win for the Raiders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT