ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond VS Southview

Man Richie Rich is on the move. Momentum is in the air. Magic is within. And to play the game is what is left.

Nothing up the middle. Lets have a fun passing game

Let's Go

Richmond hasn’t been this bad in 36 years. I thought the Gibbons game was bad. This is worse.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
4 tough and exciting games for sure. I'm pleased with 3 and 1. We could just as easy be 4-0 or 0-4. SV QB got banged up b stayed in the game but couldn't run. That hurt them. Off next week cause S. Lee got c19. Pinecrest at home in 2 weeks another tough game.

Congratulations on the win!!!
Not putting the coaching staff down just a question or two.
I Still do not understand why it is so hard to play 4 quarters this year they either play the 1st half and not the 2nd half are they do not play the 1st half and play the and them flags that they should not be getting.
You can not win a championship this way!!
if these mistakes are clean up then they may have a chance to win the state .
Congratulations to Scotland on their win !!! Heard there was some bad calls that the game went one way. Hope y’all QB is okay

Reactions: tigertown21
A great come-back win for the Raiders! However, these types of games are causing my almost 70 year old mind and body a little anxiety:)
I agree I am in unable to go to the games this year . But listening to it on the radio makes you wonder what is going on

Southview played better than I thought and richmond is not as good as I thought. Richmond has the pieces but something is not right. They should have never been down like this. The qb from Southview can give anyone in the state fits so I was surprised that richmond didn't spy him. He is not a great passer and most of his big plays are just jump balls. One thing for sure jd lampley is a freaking dude. Not sure why he is going to ECU because that kid could play at a whole lot of power 5 schools. Really love his play. ECU needs help upfront and maybe he sees that as as well.

Last edited:
JD is Awesome he has/had a lot of great offers and the grades to go anywhere, I am not for sure why he pick ECU. I agree with you on something is missing with the raider team this year idk if it’s dealing with the Pandemic and not hardly playing last year are something else

They played like Richie Rich supposed to play in the second half. Thought I saw a lil old school Richie for a few plays after halftime.

We played 4 good teams no cupcakes here like some want to play to get those easy wins. Those 4 are probably better than any team in our conference. A week off to prepare for another tough team Pinecrest.

Reactions: Raiders 4 real
Wow, you guys are amazing. So many great plays in that game and it sounded like crickets. High school kids feed off of and play off of emotions and you sit in the stands checking tiktok or talking about fishing or griping about the coaches anything but cheer and get loud for the kids. It is always the same ole thing sit in the middle with your arms folded across your chest yelling "he is holding ref" once in a while. We depend on our middle section to lead way to much. You just can't keep doing that and expect to win those big games. Why don't they try "Good Effort #7" or work on our "Raiders, Raiders" chant because when Barnes was here it was much better. It's a good thing our student section shows up they are carrying us right now. I just don't know how they will be on the road and we are going to see much tougher, fired up fans down the road. Maybe we should get some one at the entrance to gather cell phones so our fans won't be to distracted or miss and important plays. Because we have all the pieces but right now we are not championship caliber support as fans. We have yet to cheer for 4 straight quarters!!

First of all congratulations to Richmond for being the first team to score points against South View this season. Yes, their defense is for real and yes I told everyone I knew that Richmond would beat them by a TD. I did not expect Richmond to come out and lay an egg in the 1st half, but that 2nd half was very nice to see.

I sat on the visitor's side last night. Something I haven't done in MANY MANY years. Being a resident of Hope Mills, I caught a ride on a bus and sat with my "other people". There were a few times I shook my head at the same silly mistakes that kill drives and kill momentum. Out of frustration after a late hit out of bounds, I exclaimed rather loudly, "That's why Richmond will never win another championship, cause they keep doing dumb crap like that"

Without fail, one of the Raider faithful was walking by and proceeded to tell me about how many championships the Raiders have won and asked me how many my school had. I was confused for a minute, but I guess wearing all black and sitting on the South View side, he didn't realize I was a Raider alum. I held up 7 fingers and replied...."SEVEN" He didn't get it. I laughed afterwards because it reminded me how much we live in the past. This Richmond Raider team, this Richmond Raider coaching staff, and these kids in High School right now haven't won crap. They gotta go out and earn it every week.

I'm happy they are still one of the best teams in the state, but our expectations that "magic" will just happen is long gone. Kids gotta play, coaches gotta coach, and fans gotta make noise. I can tell you from the other side of the stadium, I felt like I was at a Carolina basketball game. The wine and cheese crowd made zero noise and the atmosphere was flat. If you took away Jim Butler's way too loud PA system, it would be like I was back watching 2A football in Bladen County again. Get behind your team ladies and gents. This is a solid football team this year, and with a few tweaks here and there, they can make a serious run in the playoffs.....but emotion helps and the fans help create that atmosphere.

Wow, you guys are amazing. So many great plays in that game and it sounded like crickets. High school kids feed off of and play off of emotions and you sit in the stands checking tiktok or talking about fishing or griping about the coaches anything but cheer and get loud for the kids. It is always the same ole thing sit in the middle with your arms folded across your chest yelling "he is holding ref" once in a while. We depend on our middle section to lead way to much. You just can't keep doing that and expect to win those big games. Why don't they try "Good Effort #7" or work on our "Raiders, Raiders" chant because when Barnes was here it was much better. It's a good thing our student section shows up they are carrying us right now. I just don't know how they will be on the road and we are going to see much tougher, fired up fans down the road. Maybe we should get some one at the entrance to gather cell phones so our fans won't be to distracted or miss and important plays. Because we have all the pieces but right now we are not championship caliber support as fans. We have yet to cheer for 4 straight quarters!!
I couldn't have said it better. I try to get people up but most have there face in the phone. I guy looked back at me like I was crazy.... I said you can sit on your ass at home GET UP....

I agree raider fans have been missing for awhile now , idk for how long but I started going back to the games in 2011 and it wasn’t the same fan base I grew up with , and it’s gotten worst each year. I have not been to a game this year and probably want it’s not because I don’t want to. It just with Covid going around and I have already had once it’s just not safe to be out

Congratulations on the win!!!
Not putting the coaching staff down just a question or two.
I Still do not understand why it is so hard to play 4 quarters this year they either play the 1st half and not the 2nd half are they do not play the 1st half and play the and them flags that they should not be getting.
You can not win a championship this way!!
if these mistakes are clean up then they may have a chance to win the state .
Congratulations to Scotland on their win !!! Heard there was some bad calls that the game went one way. Hope y’all QB is okay
I wonder why the Yankees go some games and don’t score a run. I wonder why the Tarheels let VT beat them. I wonder why the Panthers can’t have a Super Bowl. They are other teams out there that want the same thing. I’m proud of our team. One turnover or one missed assignment and this team would be 4 -0. With the schedule they have played, 3-1 is not to bad. Go RAIDERS

I wonder why the Yankees go some games and don’t score a run. I wonder why the Tarheels let VT beat them. I wonder why the Panthers can’t have a Super Bowl. They are other teams out there that want the same thing. I’m proud of our team. One turnover or one missed assignment and this team would be 4 -0. With the schedule they have played, 3-1 is not to bad. Go RAIDERS
See more of this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^. The actual intent of my post was a satirical response to the dooms dayers who come on here and do nothing but bitch about everything. Those that forget that sometimes 15,16, and 17 year olds make mistakes. Those that forget that the men who lead these teenagers do it primarily for the love of the game and not as a profession. High school sports is the only profession that your career and success lies squarely on the shoulders of how well you prepare teen age boys and more importantly how well they execute. Now tell me, how many of you out there are willing to entrust what you love to do and be a part of to teenagers?

Reactions: raiderstud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT