ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond VS Pinecrest

I think this game is a big step towards cleaning up the East and setting up a regular season pecking order!!! This is probably the strongest eastern conference and two of the top 3-5 East teams in my opinion.

Pinecrest is not the same with Karres out.

I mean it’s a big difference. I’m pretty sure there’s not been an offensive point scored with anyone other than him quarterbacking.

Reactions: RD28327
Pinecrest is not the same with Karres out.

I mean it’s a big difference. I’m pretty sure there’s not been an offensive point scored with anyone other than him quarterbacking.
Is the QB still out?? I hope not. This is been a hard fought games at times including in the spring. We are most differently battle tested comeing into conference play. If QB1 for crest not playing we may win easy. If he does play probably a close game.

He was a great Leader for that team , and a special young man....They also had another player injured in that game...I agree , I hate to see that happen to any player from any team , after all the work and time they have put in to get there...Good luck on his recovery..

PC will come to play no matter who's out. The qb is a very good player for PC. He is a problem for sure. RC better go for the kill early. If PC can hang around it could be a close one. Is the QB a senior or junior? FB is a tough sport physically and mentally.

Reactions: Hometown16
PC will come to play no matter who's out. The qb is a very good player for PC. He is a problem for sure. RC better go for the kill early. If PC can hang around it could be a close one. Is the QB a senior or junior? FB is a tough sport physically and mentally.
He is a senior.

Again I’m pretty sure PC has scored zero points on offense without him. If I’m mistaken it’s no more than a TD.

They beat Middle Creek 16-7 with 16 points from the defense.

I’d be surprised if RC doesn’t win by 4/5 TD, maybe more.

Reactions: UNC91
I have to agree with you on that , it does not matter who is the better team they both come to play . The PC games are now almost like a Scotland and Richmond game it doesn’t matter who the better team is it will be a ball game to see

He is out for the season.
oh... well that changes things... Richmond by couple touchdowns... maybe a little more...

I have to agree with you on that , it does not matter who is the better team they both come to play . The PC games are now almost like a Scotland and Richmond game it doesn’t matter who the better team is it will be a ball game to see
There is nothing like the Scotland/Richmond game... we're born with that rivalry is in our DNA...lol

Reactions: tigertown21
oh... well that changes things... Richmond by couple touchdowns... maybe a little more...

There is nothing like the Scotland/Richmond game... we're born with that rivalry is in our DNA...lol
I agree there is nothing like the scots and the raiders at pate or raider stadium especially when it is cold outside lol.

Yes that independence game was freezing in 2003 so was the games at independence and east Forsyth in 2008 several cold games at pate likewise.

Ill go with the Raiders 21-7...Both teams will be getting after it...Hoping for a great game with NO INJURIES...

Pinecrest 21 Richmond 7 H. I can't think of a time in my 25 years watching the Raiders that I have seen them play so poorly! They seem as if they don't care if they win or lose! Not the Raiders that I am used to watching!

Final Raiders 29, PC 21. Honestly, I don't know what to say about this game!
Feel same way however we are finding ways to win. Penalties and short punts were crucial lets give the teams we have played credit they are good and well coached Richmond will get everybody's best shot.

Pinecrest 21 Richmond 7 H. I can't think of a time in my 25 years watching the Raiders that I have seen them play so poorly! They seem as if they don't care if they win or lose! Not the Raiders that I am used to watching!
I CAN ASSURE u they care ...Thats the reason they play two halves...Nothing negative to say about my Raiders...Two good football teams going at it for 4 quarters...I was awful proud of them tonight....They could have laid down, but they didnt...That was a very physical game...Second week in a row the D has pitched a shutout in the second half and the O rolled out 21 points...Great job Raiders....

I guess they showed you they cared??? I promise they do thats why they give up there summers and everyday after school. All five games the fans got there money worth.

Raiders have much work ahead in order to contend and win in playoffs. Still my Raiders and they will show up, Too much confusion on offensive play calling between plays. What happened to the plain old huddle.Im sure theres a reason. Fix that and theres your magic. Disciplin... Pinecrest slaughtered us in that part. penalties and bull-crap must stop... play the game. all 4 quarters... its better that way.
GO RAIDERS...

Final Raiders 29, PC 21. Honestly, I don't know what to say about this game!
I know what to say Raider fan. You need to be happy. Sounds like you are suffering from success. Not a Raider fan but totally respect the program and follow how they do. You guys are 4-1. You have played top tier competition. Strength of schedule is off the charts. Your team has gutted out some wins in games that they could easily have lost including last night. The one game you lost was to a top tier team where they had opportunities. It can be tough on the heart and blood pressure but 95% of the teams in NC would gladly trade places with you. High school football can be one of the best values per entertainment dollar there is and Richmond fans are feasting this year. A lot of drama on the field but feasting. Richmond is battle tested an will make noise in the playoffs this year. Be happy.

I know what to say Raider fan. You need to be happy. Sounds like you are suffering from success. Not a Raider fan but totally respect the program and follow how they do. You guys are 4-1. You have played top tier competition. Strength of schedule is off the charts. Your team has gutted out some wins in games that they could easily have lost including last night. The one game you lost was to a top tier team where they had opportunities. It can be tough on the heart and blood pressure but 95% of the teams in NC would gladly trade places with you. High school football can be one of the best values per entertainment dollar there is and Richmond fans are feasting this year. A lot of drama on the field but feasting. Richmond is battle tested an will make noise in the playoffs this year. Be happy.
Why did Richmond keep kicking to #80? for Pinecrest. He had several long returns including one where he might of scored but he fumbled without being contacted.

Reactions: paulraiderfan
I'll have to agree with that....Our kickoff team needs some repair...I'm also wandering was that an intentional onside kick or did the kicker just miss the ball...PC STARTED AT LEAST THE 35 AFTER EVERY KO EXCEPT ONE, I THINK...OH WELL A WIN IS A WIN ..Hopefully both teams learned some things that will help them in games to come...Lets get ready for Hoke...I think a big turning point in the game was the fake punt that got a big first down..

Last edited:
I guess they showed you they cared??? I promise they do thats why they give up there summers and everyday after school. All five games the fans got there money worth.
Yes, I used that 'don't care' phase a little loosely. The execution was just very poor. I too wonder why the offense just stares at the sidelines for ~30 seconds before every play. That seems to take them out of any momentum.

Also, I do understand they are just teenagers doing the best they can, and coaches coaching the best they can.

However, I do expect a lot out of my Raiders, they don't have a >80% all-time winning percentage for nothing.

Go Raiders!!

One reason they might be a delay would be the coaching staff is trying to recognize the alignment and coverage the D might be in...I think possibly a call is made and the O lines up and the staff recognize it might not be a good play call, against the D alignment, and want to change the play...Possibility...or giving those Big Hogs up front a breather...Whatever it is the Raiders are 4-1 after a brutal schedule is Great News...Another Positive from last night No Major Injuries..

RICHMOND BE LIKE........................"GET OFF ME BOY"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT