ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond Senior HS the true Dynasty

laugh.r191677.gif

this might be a good one

Yes I agree, Richmond Senior is the true dynasty of high school football. If you include the schools prior to Richmond opening they are the Only True Sustained Dynasty in North Carolina. And Reidsville, WOW another great one. Football Capitol of North Carolina, as recognized by our state government.

Wouldn't you agree 98Champ?

How many state titles for Richmond/Rockingham/Hamlett ?

Originally posted by TGT:
How many state titles for Richmond/Rockingham/Hamlett ?

You add them up... But the facts follow:

When Richmond SHS plays for a championship they win .888 percent of the time YES .888 percent wins when in the title game.

Richmond SHS has had one sub .500 season YES just ONE losing season in over forty years.

OK araiderfan... I counted 14 for these three schools (none for Hamlet) ...

Rockingham 1924, 1959, 1962, 1963, 1964
Rohanen 1961, 1968
Richmond 1978, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1997, 1998, 2008

Let me know if I missed any that were listed on the NCHSAA website.

OK araiderfan... I counted 14 for these three schools (none for Hamlet) ...

Rockingham 1924, 1959, 1962, 1963, 1964

Rohanen 1961, 1968

Richmond 1978, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1997, 1998, 2008

Let me know if I missed any that were listed on the NCHSAA website.
Good job adding but the facts don't change....

When Richmond SHS plays for a championship they win .888 percent of the time YES .888 percent wins when in the title game.

Richmond SHS has had one sub .500 season YES just ONE losing season in over forty years.

The only true dynasty...

18>7 or 18>14 either way you want to look at it. Shelby and Reidsville have a better dynasty than Richmond. I saw all three teams play this year. I think Reidsville and Richmond would have a close game and I think Shelby is straight up better than Richmond with less than half the enrollment.

Originally posted by araiderfan:

The only true dynasty...
I counted 31 schools that have a 100% success rate in championship game appearances. That's better than .888 on most math charts.

The only true dynasty...
I counted 31 schools that have a 100% success rate in championship game appearances. That's better than .888 on most math charts.
You got me... What's Shelby's percentage?

BUT tell me who Rockingham defeated in the 1924 State Championship game...

WHO'S YOUR DADDY?
This post was edited on 12/11 8:38 PM by araiderfan

Originally posted by Shotgun-Spread:
18>7 or 18>14 either way you want to look at it. Shelby and Reidsville have a better dynasty than Richmond. I saw all three teams play this year. I think Reidsville and Richmond would have a close game and I think Shelby is straight up better than Richmond with less than half the enrollment.
And you sir should stay out of the cow pasture. Those shroons will make you go blind.

Originally posted by ITJ:

More Playoff appearances than any other school in NC...
Since 1972.
Who has more all time?
Great question. I posted 1972 because that is what the NCHSAA post on their website. I wish they would update all the records since the beginning. I would like to see those numbers.

Before 1972...I know Reidsville won 26 playoff games and tied for 2 more in state final competition...Early in NCHSAA history playoff games were limited to 1 or 2 per season..

so if you count the 26 before 1972 and the 58 playoff wins since, plus the 2 ties (in title games)...Reidsville would have

84 playoff wins plus 2 ties...........

Originally posted by araiderfan

BUT tell me who Rockingham defeated in the 1924 State Championship game...
-----------------------------------------------

1924: Rockingham 7, Shelby 0

Same year, 1924, in basketball state championship (only 1 class): Reidsville 19, Wilmington New Hanover 18

"araiderfan"......you seem to be under the misconception that TGT is a Shelby fan....He's not....He's a Reidsville man all the way

BTW...I have nothing but respect for Richmond Co. and all they have accomplished...

I'm such an old fart....I saw Rockingham play in 2 state title games....once in 1958 versus Eden Morehead in Rockingham and

Morehead won....then the next year (1959) in Eden (which at that time was called Leaksville) versus that same Morehead

squad and Rockingham won....I was just a kid then (I'm 64 now) but I remember and I remember the monstrously large crowds

that followed both teams.....If I remember right Rockingham's colors were Orange and Black..is that right??

Hold on Morehead has won a football state championship? News to me definitely gotta keep that away from Panther fans!!

Yep....in 1958 Morehead defeated Rockingham 12-0 in Class 2A state title game

the next year, 1959 Rockingham defeated Morehead 20-6 in Class 3A state title game

I venture to say few Morehead fans of today even know of this...........lol.............

Wow back to back ship showings definitely wouldve lost that bet. And I'm sure a lot of Panther followers know this but I'm speaking of younger generation bc I know with as much flack I give them they would've brought this up. May now win a few $$ with that piece of trivia. thanks

Originally posted by Wizard of the East:
who cares about Richmond County? When you're the only school in a whole county you should dominate.
rolleye0018.r191677.gif
It doesn't matter how many schools are in a county, what matters is the population in that county.
sign0003.r191677.gif

Oh okay Sampson County 64,000 5 public high schools and 1 private high school. Richmond County 46,000, with 1 public high school. And your point?
confused0024.r191677.gif

We don't really care. Go over to the 4A boards . Is Richmond playing
rolleye0003.r191677.gif

Originally posted by kingdiamond2123:

who cares about Richmond County? When you're the only school in a whole county you should dominate.
rolleye0018.r191677.gif
It doesn't matter how many schools are in a county, what matters is the population in that county.
sign0003.r191677.gif
This post was edited on 12/12 10:06 PM by Wizard of the East

Richmond has 2,200 high school age students in its 46,000 population. The County is a little over 400 square miles.

Sampson County has over 944 square miles (2nd largest County in the state) for its 64,000 people. So, I'd imagine you need many high schools.

Richmond County has won State titles as 1 school and won State titles before consolidation.

I'm sure the OP put this on the 2A board to aggravate some knucklehead from Shelby that has put something about the Shelby dynasty on every board.
sign0005.r191677.gif

rolleye0018.r191677.gif
Why is RSHS the only whole county HS that THE DYNASTY.

RSHS winning season percentage .977

Who is better???

That's what I thought.

The True NC HS FB Dynasty!

Well no matter how you try to put it shelby just won a state championship. Richmond didn't win shyt

Richmond hasn't won their conference in 4 years and will not win it for at least another 3 years far from a dynasty right now.

Cleveland County has a population a little more than double Richmond County, so for the sake of argument let's consolidate Burns, Crest, Kings Mountain, and Shelby into 2 schools, each about the size of RCSHS. I am pretty sure you would have no. 1 and no. 2 in the state just about every year for as far back as you want to go. Comparing apples to apples, I do not think anywhere in the state compares to Cleveland County as far as dominant football per population ratio goes.

Originally posted by SHS LION:
Richmond County has no clue what a true dynasty is.
It could look something like this: RSHS winning season percentage .977
How about Shelby's winning season percentage since 1955: .9803.

yeah, that's one losing season in 59 years...how many years has your beloved RSHS been playing?

You lose again. Get back on the couch while we revel in another State Championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT