ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond @ Scotland for all the marbles again!

Honestly don’t believe many teams will out score Scotland....however I have said the secondary has been suspect all year. 71st made me a believer out of that. This was something that should have been worked on since the Creek game. Thus far haven’t seen any improvement. Nothing fancy about what Richmond did...however they did it well. Trying to figure out your not a passing team in the final regular season game wasn’t the time.

Props to both teams. Good luck the rest of the way!

Defense wins Championships! A team put like 10 TD's on you, and you guys are giving out congratulations certificates..Throw in 25 more points, and there are team's that have allowed less point's in 11 games... I'm big fan of the program, and i believe they've finally found a coach they will stick with. A lot of community support and tradition. But DAMN! That's a basketball score....smh!

Then Nepsy what should the approach be for us? Bash them or not post at all? I haven’t given out a congratulation certificate and the hell with participation trophies. Dude...have you seen us this year in person? That’s the difference and why no one expected us to do anything other than most likely get blown out. We expected to be leaving at half as our D line was pushed around and Bell/White blew it out. The fact it was a close and competitive game, at least for 3 quarters, was not expected. The Offense executed well and that's the state of things right now. I think better things are coming for RC. Scotland has a great Offense.

If we used your philosophy, then Scotland shouldn't congratulate since half a century of points were thrown on them. They still won by 3 scores and it's the amount on the scoreboard for each that makes it crazy vs. if it would have been say 42-21 Scotland. I will agree, its a BBall score though, lol! I am more just glad to see it was a competitive game and the kids fought hard. Maybe we just use that approach and leave it there...

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Scotland doesn’t need to throw the ball at all. Their run attack is that lethal. I will say that a team that has a great front 7 will test them, and make them throw. That could spell trouble for them. I was surprised by the Scots defense....wow. Richmond’s defense has been a liability for most of the year, and I expected Scotland to score at will, so no surprise there. But, man, Caleb is the best freshman QB that I’ve seen since..... Chris Leak. Don’t gang up on me too much, fellas. Richmond will win a ring in the next 3 upcoming years if they can get a decent defense, doesn’t even have to be great, just decent.

I would agree with Caleb and think we can come up with a good defense while Hood is there. I don't know about a championship, but we may be able to get back to making some noise for one. I have seen RC teams that had really great Offenses, decent D, and end up exiting in the playoffs early. The game has just changed too much and Offenses can have a bad night. I am convinced you better be pretty darn great on both sides to really bring it home now. Hey, we are due for some big linemen and strong fronts...

Then Nepsy what should the approach be for us? Bash them or not post at all? I haven’t given out a congratulation certificate and the hell with participation trophies. Dude...have you seen us this year in person? That’s the difference and why no one expected us to do anything other than most likely get blown out. We expected to be leaving at half as our D line was pushed around and Bell/White blew it out. The fact it was a close and competitive game, at least for 3 quarters, was not expected. The Offense executed well and that's the state of things right now. I think better things are coming for RC. Scotland has a great Offense.

If we used your philosophy, then Scotland shouldn't congratulate since half a century of points were thrown on them. They still won by 3 scores and it's the amount on the scoreboard for each that makes it crazy vs. if it would have been say 42-21 Scotland. I will agree, its a BBall score though, lol! I am more just glad to see it was a competitive game and the kids fought hard. Maybe we just use that approach and leave it there...

It's not a philosophy Raider7967. It's points allowed. Both teams gave up a lot of points. If your goal was to hang in there? Mission accomplished. Seemed like a lot of people were ignoring the points allowed. You know your program a lot better than me. I only follow them through the numerous fans that post on here. Any program who gives up that amount of points, should have some serious concerns. Good luck in the playoffs. Unless you play The Creek. :)

Last edited:
It's not a philosophy Raider7967. It's points allowed. Both teams gave up a lot of points. If your goal was to hang in there? Mission accomplished. Seemed like a lot of people were ignoring the points allowed. You know your program a lot better than me. I only follow them through the numerous fans that post on here. Any program who gives up that amount of points, should have some serious concerns. Good luck in the playoffs. Unless you play The Creek. :)

Yea Nepsy, it's a story of two programs that changed positions in life, at least temporarily (7 years now). Honestly, our goal was to hang in there. Scotland's was to blow it out. I see reactions from Scotland fans about the defense and that's a sign of their expectations now and ours is just happy we stayed in it. Tells a story. I will say I think RC has a bright future and is on the rebound...patience required. Expectations have changed and they will change again.

I do hope Scotland maintains as a strong program and a contender so hopefully we can get 2-3 conference teams that make some noise. I knew you were a MC fan, so I had to rag you a bit. Great year over there!

I would agree with Caleb and think we can come up with a good defense while Hood is there. I don't know about a championship, but we may be able to get back to making some noise for one. I have seen RC teams that had really great Offenses, decent D, and end up exiting in the playoffs early. The game has just changed too much and Offenses can have a bad night. I am convinced you better be pretty darn great on both sides to really bring it home now. Hey, we are due for some big linemen and strong fronts...
Overdue

Yea Nepsy, it's a story of two programs that changed positions in life, at least temporarily (7 years now). Honestly, our goal was to hang in there. Scotland's was to blow it out. I see reactions from Scotland fans about the defense and that's a sign of their expectations now and ours is just happy we stayed in it. Tells a story. I will say I think RC has a bright future and is on the rebound...patience required. Expectations have changed and they will change again.

I do hope Scotland maintains as a strong program and a contender so hopefully we can get 2-3 conference teams that make some noise. I knew you were a MC fan, so I had to rag you a bit. Great year over there!

Thumb's up! Good stuff brother.

Are you serious JMAC??? Every Scots fan knew the defense was suspect all year long, but they always made the necessary stops to put us in position to win games...
False the offense made enough plays to make up for the poor defense. Not going to argue with you if anyone saw what I saw last night and at SF knows that this Defense is just hoping that they can get a stop a quarter. That is pretty sad. Its like Bailey saying if we score 28 we will win. Well he better make that 48! I'm rooting that the philosophy works just hate to see what happens when we have a night of turnovers and run into some men upfront and it will happen.

Last edited:
False the offense made enough plays to make up for the poor defense. Not going to argue with you if anyone saw what I saw last night and at SF knows that this Defensive is just hoping that they can get a stop a quarter. That is pretty sad. Its like Bailey saying if we score 28 we will win. Well he better make that 48! I'm rooting that the philosophy works just hate to see what happens when we have a night of turnovers and run into some men upfront and it will happen.
GO SCOTS!!!!

I don't think you guys will have to worry about another game like that. No one else will score like that against Scotland this year, and you guys should win state 4a. That was Scotland and Richmond. Richmond had a good game plan and played it hard. It wasn't enough. You won't run into that again. I admit, the passes were picking your defense guys but it's not as bad as it seems. The Raiders weren't no slouch and they too will make some noise in the playoffs. You did what you had to do to beat a good team convincingly and I wouldn't panic...GO SCOTS... one game at a time... hey, and what if you do pass every now and then...keeps em honest. I don't think you guys will lose this year.

Never would I believe that we could score 47 points against anybody and lose the game, much less fng Scotland. Ole GoScots must have been coaching the Scot defense. Next 3 years will belong to our Raiders, believe it.
Ding Dong your comment about me really doesn't warrant a response but I will play your silly game this time. The last time I personally coached against a team from Richmond county 3 of your middle schools scored a total of 16 points against me. Beating teams from Richmond county has simply became a way of life for us in Scotland county. Now be honest with me, how bad did you injure your dog when you got home and kicked him last night in frustration?

Reactions: paulraiderfan
Honestly don’t believe many teams will out score Scotland....however I have said the secondary has been suspect all year. 71st made me a believer out of that. This was something that should have been worked on since the Creek game. Thus far haven’t seen any improvement. Nothing fancy about what Richmond did...however they did it well. Trying to figure out your not a passing team in the final regular season game wasn’t the time.

Props to both teams. Good luck the rest of the way!
Honestly, Mr Law with the Defence I saw from Scotland I believe a team with a better defense and a strong offense just might be trouble for Scotland sorry sir just saying that there was some things exposed last night now I'm not taking anything away from your Scott #34 is a man among kids that's just a fact, but with that being said it also appeared to me if the football wasn't in # 34 hands, it was behind him so it seemed to me he is the offense the football goes were he goes and it will work on a weak defense, I myself don't believe it will on a stronger front seven or so, so I am going to say one more thing after what I saw Friday night, and that is is Go Scotland, Go Raiders. FACT.

False the offense made enough plays to make up for the poor defense. Not going to argue with you if anyone saw what I saw last night and at SF knows that this Defense is just hoping that they can get a stop a quarter. That is pretty sad. Its like Bailey saying if we score 28 we will win. Well he better make that 48! I'm rooting that the philosophy works just hate to see what happens when we have a night of turnovers and run into some men upfront and it will happen.

Bailey actually said if we stop them twice we will win. They did a little better than that.

No harm intended Mr. Junk. Knew the defense would be exposed. The offense is based solely on the run. However their ability to switch run plays alone is where the threat is. The quarterback alone accounted for 21 points on his on. Would love to see the individual stats for the rushing yards from Friday if anyone has.

Good luck to both teams rest of the way. Including the Rams as well.

Bailey actually said if we stop them twice we will win. They did a little better than that.
against the worst run defense I have seen all year. Lets see how that philosophy works out against a quality defense. I hope it does but I wouldn't bank on it. He is essentially admitting our d is not very good and we just have to score a ton of points because we are going to give up points in bunches.

No harm intended Mr. Junk. Knew the defense would be exposed. The offense is based solely on the run. However their ability to switch run plays alone is where the threat is. The quarterback alone accounted for 21 points on his on. Would love to see the individual stats for the rushing yards from Friday if anyone has.

Good luck to both teams rest of the way. Including the Rams as well.
True Mr Law the quarterback did do that , but he had help from # 34 he ran right behind him if it wasn't for #34 I believe quarterback may have been stopped I also noticed the football goes with # 34 goes and from what I saw great game plan . Go Scot and Go Raiders.

34 takes Scotland to the 4a promised land. Coach B. is banking on that...hmmm. we'll see each week gets harder. The guy is the best, without a doubt. Offense like a runaway train..GO SCOTS.

Honestly, Mr Law with the Defence I saw from Scotland I believe a team with a better defense and a strong offense just might be trouble for Scotland sorry sir just saying that there was some things exposed last night now I'm not taking anything away from your Scott #34 is a man among kids that's just a fact, but with that being said it also appeared to me if the football wasn't in # 34 hands, it was behind him so it seemed to me he is the offense the football goes were he goes and it will work on a weak defense, I myself don't believe it will on a stronger front seven or so, so I am going to say one more thing after what I saw Friday night, and that is is Go Scotland, Go Raiders. FACT.

I think everyone knows that...it isn't as much about the defense as the offensive line making holes. This is the best offensive line Scotland has ever had and that is why they are rolling up points on everyone. In conference play, Scotland's starters were stopped on 5 possessions over 7 games. When you don't attempt a pass the entire second half and score every possession, that is a lot to do with the guys up front.

I think everyone knows that...it isn't as much about the defense as the offensive line making holes. This is the best offensive line Scotland has ever had and that is why they are rolling up points on everyone. In conference play, Scotland's starters were stopped on 5 possessions over 7 games. When you don't attempt a pass the entire second half and score every possession, that is a lot to do with the guys up front.
Ok ...you starting a team next year ..you can have your choice ...#34 or the offensive line......

You get no argument from me Mr Scotland, but I myself do believe it going to take more than running the football against the coaches of a good front seven Mr Scotland the football goes with # 34 so if you get into that battle it could be light out , but good luck to you and your team . Go Scot , and Go Raiders.

Ok ...you starting a team next year ..you can have your choice ...#34 or the offensive line......
I take the offensive line Mr raiderstud , there's not many # 34 like what's in Scotland, but with that being said with respect, no running back goes no where without a offensive line I don't care out fast you maybe or out strong you are offensive lineman for sure. Go Raiders

You all are validating #34's Greatness we are talking one player to 5 and not 5 slouches 4 of them will be playing in college 2-3 could be playing D1 if things work in their favor.

Last edited:
Let me put this out there. Joespeh McKoy, the third string back, is probably averaging close to 10 yards a carry when he gets reps with the starting oline. 34 does the work after the first level, and making something happen when the OL misses an assignment, that oline is making it the first 5 yards possible for all the backs. against 71st when they threw zamir's shoe in to the track and he had to come out a play. McKoy got 12 yards on his one chance for the night.

Interesting no reply from any scotties.....
Because the game is over #5 will be back next year if you remember he had all the yds in 2016, might want to be concerned about North Mec. or have ya'll gave out all the rewards for losing 22.

Let me put this out there. Joespeh McKoy, the third string back, is probably averaging close to 10 yards a carry when he gets reps with the starting oline. 34 does the work after the first level, and making something happen when the OL misses an assignment, that oline is making it the first 5 yards possible for all the backs. against 71st when they threw zamir's shoe in to the track and he had to come out a play. McKoy got 12 yards on his one chance for the night.
The o-line is great #34 is a once in a life time type player for a high school i.e. Tim Worley - Lumberton hasn't seen once since and it wont be one at SC in our life time.

You all are validating #34's Greatness we are talking one player to 5 and not 5 slouches 4 of them will be playing in college 2-3 could be playing D1 if things work in their favor.
I have to agree with Mr. Jmac... the question is a little unfair and lopsided...I'll take #34 and an avg. Line... pits it to him, throw it to him...just get him the ball...lol the guy is awesome.

Don’t gang up on me too much, fellas. Richmond will win a ring in the next 3 upcoming years if they can get a decent defense, doesn’t even have to be great, just decent

You're talking about conference ring correct? Go back and look at the previous State Championship teams and please tell me the one who had only a decent defense. You won't be able to find one. Yep! You're going to get ganged up on.....:)

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
The most point's they gave up were 35 during the Championship game and 28 during the season. Huge difference! Gotta play defense to win Championships,

Exactly. Look at 2016 Mallard Creek. So many were talking about them winning their 4th straight championship. Then they got smoked by Vance for 38 points. In the playoffs....Butler humiliated them by scoring 42 points. Got to play defense or you are nothing more than a visitor at the Neverland ranch.

2008 RC was just good enough to beat any given teams that year at the end. They grew up a lot at the end. We hit stride at the right time. Offense was great at the end and Defense was much better than decent. I would say very good Defense there at the end. Justin Jackson, Phillip Legrande, and Justin Brewington led that defense and I know at least two went on to play at the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT