ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond QB

So wait.......
This kid Caleb Hood and this kid Drake Maye are both battling for the QB position?

Has been a long-standing rule that no RCS student graduates early, but last June that rule was quietly changed. Definitely some foresight in that decision.

Has been a long-standing rule that no RCS student graduates early, but last June that rule was quietly changed. Definitely some foresight in that decision.
Not really quietly changed school board voted and it was approved. All over the papers and social media.

Reactions: UNC91
If the student has the credits necessary to graduate, how can the system deny it?

I spoke to Caleb's dad at a VTO camp and he said Caleb would play his senior year but if the Covid situation got worst "which it has by news accounts" he would leave. He said Caleb's natural position is running back and he played QB out of necessity when he was younger and in HS. When we were at the camp he participated at running back and it looked like he had been running routes and catching the ball like nobody's business. My son who is a Junior and is no small kid is 6'1 210 linebacker was in a drill with him and said, "Dad his legs are just massive". Kid will be fine. If things don't work out at RB I could very well see him playing linebacker he is 234 based on camp weight. His dad said the biggest issue for him at RB will be picking up blitzes on linebackers and safeties. I would probably agree. One of the top 10 players to ever come out of the Sandhills over the last 20 years based on HS play. Wishing him well. Class act!

I said it early this year that there would be a couple individuals leaving Richmond to include HOOD, but no one believed it....

Someone even said "there has never been nor will be anyone leaving early"

What the heck do I know....

I said it early this year that there would be a couple individuals leaving Richmond to include HOOD, but no one believed it....

Someone even said "there has never been nor will be anyone leaving early"

What the heck do I know....

A lot has happened since then. Not many thought UNC would be losing both running backs. Getting to Chapel Thrill early will benefit him both mentally and physically as he's gonna get some burn next year as a true frosh.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
A lot has happened since then. Not many thought UNC would be losing both running backs. Getting to Chapel Thrill early will benefit him both mentally and physically as he's gonna get some burn next year as a true frosh.
Here we go - August 2020

Then the Raider FBI jumped in. He might just un-skepticise himself today...........He's FIRED as of effective date 12/20/2020

Last edited:
I think he is would be better off long term off moving to LB. Always thought he was the prototype fir that position in today’s game.

Thought the same thing. Certainly better longevity track. Reminds me a bit physically of Elijah Hood who probably should have gone the LB route at ND. He is a specimen to be sure.

I wish all these kids the best but feel like we missed a great year of HS football this year. Hood, EChols, Maye, Shipley. Some unreal talent in NC this year.

Thought the same thing. Certainly better longevity track. Reminds me a bit physically of Elijah Hood who probably should have gone the LB route at ND. He is a specimen to be sure.

I wish all these kids the best but feel like we missed a great year of HS football this year. Hood, EChols, Maye, Shipley. Some unreal talent in NC this year.
Historical.

Not just those players but some of the games involving those players.
Weddington/Vance
Vance/Dutch Fork
Mallard Creek/Whoever from Georgia
Myers Park/Mallard Creek
MP/Trinity Christian
MP/Hough
MP/South Pointe
Mallard Creek/Vance
Mallard Creek/Hough
Butler/Richmond
Richmond/Team from Orlando

This is making me mad as I type this.

I was literally on the sidelines with Jay Bateman at the RC/SC game last year and Bateman said he was being recruited for the defensive side of the ball. Jay said he would look great (at the time) at Safety or LB for the Heels. Obviously things change and is now exclusively being recruited at RB. I will say this, he has the thighs of an Oak tree and reminds me a lot (physically) of Saquon Barkley. Probably one of if not the most underrated recruits on the team. Kid is gonna be a stud!

Hood now weighs 232 lbs.
This will b a process in the making...he's a great athlete but can he play defense? He's spectacular with the ball in his hand but I'm not sure how good he is at getting after someone with the ball. Not too many kids can do that. I could see if he made a name in HS playing both sides but I'm not sure. I'll give him a redshirt yr and a yr to put it all 2gether....so maybe a 2 or 3yr window then we can see where the experiment goes.

This will b a process in the making...he's a great athlete but can he play defense? He's spectacular with the ball in his hand but I'm not sure how good he is at getting after someone with the ball. Not too many kids can do that. I could see if he made a name in HS playing both sides but I'm not sure. I'll give him a redshirt yr and a yr to put it all 2gether....so maybe a 2 or 3yr window then we can see where the experiment goes.

He’s playing RB...

He is playing running back so the ball will be in his hands if Mack Brown is smart a lot.

College is a different game there's more than being physically gifted especially the big dog P5 programs. Depends on how quick he can get the skill and more importantly the playbook down 1st. I remember when jeremiah hall came back after his 1st semester at Oklahoma he was asked the difference between there and high school...he jus said......NFL. He said the speed at which they play is unbelievable.

College is a different game there's more than being physically gifted especially the big dog P5 programs. Depends on how quick he can get the skill and more importantly the playbook down 1st. I remember when jeremiah hall came back after his 1st semester at Oklahoma he was asked the difference between there and high school...he jus said......NFL. He said the speed at which they play is unbelievable.

I’m sure he knows college is a different beast. The good thing is he’s enrolled and learning the playbook and working out with one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the country. Getting a head start going into the fall will help him immensely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT