ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond opening for 2020 season

could it be carolina forest

They are looking for a game. Would have been a very strong matchup in 2019. Not sure what CF has coming back. Coach is the former coach at Harnett Central where they lost to Crest in the 3AA title game and had a real good run at Cleveland.

Take that 3 hour drive to Dorman into a hostile environment and be the underdog. Find out who you really are early.

Last edited:
Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
I think one time I looked it up. Richmond had only lost 3 games against South Carolina teams. Lost twice to Dillon and once to either Cheraw or Hartsville. Richmond beat South Carolina teams about 18 times over the years but mostly against Marlboro whom Richmond has never lost to. They beat Marlboro like 11 to 13 times something like that
10 in a row from "88 to "97 then from "05-"07 for a total of 13 wins

They are looking for a game. Would have been a very strong matchup in 2019. Not sure what CF has coming back. Coach is the former coach at Harnett Central where they lost to Crest in the 3AA title game and had a real good run at Cleveland.

Harnett Central lost to AC Reynolds in the 2009 4A title game.

Hearing Catholic schedule is loaded up with two non NC state champions and another well regarded team that competes strongly in one of the toughest areas in the US. Going to be interesting.

Shelby isn't going 2 schedule anybody relevant. Jus keep bragging on beating up on 2a teams n shut up

Oh my bad....was it Vance that scheduled and played the #5 team in the COUNTRY 2 years ago?

BTW....how bad I wish that Vance/Shelby game would have come to fruition this past season. Pretty good chance this lil' 2A team would have won the 4AA crown. We would have been pretty beat up in that game but I liked our chances.

3....2....1....and go!

Oh my bad....was it Vance that scheduled and played the #5 team in the COUNTRY 2 years ago?

BTW....how bad I wish that Vance/Shelby game would have come to fruition this past season. Pretty good chance this lil' 2A team would have won the 4AA crown. We would have been pretty beat up in that game but I liked our chances.

3....2....1....and go!

You were beat like a drum by Kings Mountain...… 19 carries for -11 yards rushing, and 176 yards passing. lost 42-17..There are numerous teams in Charlotte that would have destroyed Shelby...Wake up and stop embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopper747

3....2....1....and go!
Hough, Ardrey Kell, West Forsyth, Mallard Creek, Myers Park, Richmond Sr, Wake Forest, Leesville rd, Butler, Vance. Out of all those teams which ones are W's for Shelby??

Oh and FYI Shelby wouldnt have crossed the 50yrd line if they they played us.

You were beat like a drum by Kings Mountain...… 19 carries for -11 yards rushing, and 176 yards passing. lost 42-17..There are numerous teams in Charlotte that would have destroyed Shelby...Wake up and stop embarrassing yourself.

Everybody has a Vance game every now and then. Fortunately ours didn't send us to basketball season.

Hough, Ardrey Kell, West Forsyth, Mallard Creek, Myers Park, Richmond Sr, Wake Forest, Leesville rd, Butler, Vance. Out of all those teams which ones are W's for Shelby??

No comment for getting called out for saying we don't play anyone? I guess you can't say anything....when we played the most challenging opponent of anyone in the state just two seasons ago.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/Wz2...hool-sophomore-all-american-football-team.htm

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/cTp...-school-junior-all-american-football-team.htm

We welcome ourselves to big boy football!!!

Everybody has a Vance game every now and then. Fortunately ours didn't send us to basketball season.

You were far from being a Vance game. You were demolished and never close to winning the game. If you played them 30 times, they would blow you off the map all 30 games. It was not a every now and then. You looked and played like a over matched 2A team, very small with no depth. KM had their way with Shelby, and there was absolutely nothing they could do about it. Now stop hijacking and go back to the 2A board.

The Thread is
Richmond opening for 2020 season.

Last edited:
You were far from being a Vance game. You were demolished and never close to winning the game. Now stop hijacking and go back to the 2A board.

The Thread is
Anyways I think Richmond is preseason no 1 because they have so much coming back along with Creek being Creek jus reloading. We have our starting QB and most of our offense which is young coming back but we r losing so much on defense...hard to call us top 2 or 3. Theres rumblings over there on runnymede/colony rd...word is Drake Maye is upset and may want to go back to Hough. Maybe some of my Charlotte insiders can confirm whether this is true or not but the kid is upset with something. If that's the case Hough jus jumped top 3 AGAIN with arguably the best RB/ QB combo in the country with Maye and Pryor.

Last edited:
Reactions: nepsy7
Anyways I think Richmond is preseason no 1 because they have so much coming back along with Creek being Creek jus reloading. We have our starting QB and most of our offense which is young coming back but we r losing so much on defense...hard to call us top 2 or 3. Theres rumblings over there on runnymede/colony rd...word is Drake Maye is upset and may want to go back to Hough. Maybe some of my Charlotte insiders can confirm whether this is true or not but the kid is upset with something. If that's the case Hough jus jumped top 3 AGAIN with arguably the beat RB/ QB combo in the country with Maye and Pryor.
Hough 9th grade QB was offered by V Tech, UNCC & NC State. Had a pretty good game against Richmond. Should be interesting.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Hough 9th grade QB was offered by V Tech, UNCC & NC State. Had a pretty good game against Richmond. Should be interesting.

Maye is close to him. Maye should stay where he is.

The freshman is a big strong kid but still a lot to work on but young.

Maye is close to him. Maye should stay where he is.

The freshman is a big strong kid but still a lot to work on but young.
Chadwick has a Brand trait going on. Brand was a great coach n motivator but with all this talent he rubbed some the wrong way with his attitude and ego...sounds like Chadwick does the same. A lot of parents jus didnt like Brand....a lot of parents flat out doesnt like Chadwick and jus deals with him.because he does send kids to the next level. I'm not saying this is the case with Maye but like they say when theres smoke theres usually fire...MP lost a lot from last yr and some blame Chadwick for not adjusting his scheme being too arrogant and cocky and pissing some off. I'm like nepsy I'm watching to see what happens this off season.

You were far from being a Vance game. You were demolished and never close to winning the game. If you played them 30 times, they would blow you off the map all 30 games. It was not a every now and then. You looked and played like a over matched 2A team, very small with no depth. KM had their way with Shelby, and there was absolutely nothing they could do about it. Now stop hijacking and go back to the 2A board.

The Thread is

Does it cut you that someone, I believe it was B&G, brought us into this 4A thread? That there are people bringing up the mere thought of lil ol' Shelby playing Richmond county. A chop block away from 7 state championships....IN A ROW...but 6 out of the last 7 is definitely fun!

Last 9 games against 3A KM:
W 24-21 Kings Mountain
W 14-7 at Kings Mountain
W 49-0 at Kings Mountain
W 27-7 Kings Mountain
W 34-20 at Kings Mountain
W 39-9 Kings Mountain
W 20-17 at Kings Mountain
W 28-23 Kings Mountain
L 42-17 at Kings Mountain

Looks pretty every now and then to me. Let me check the all time record

Record against Kings Mountain (73-19-7). Yup...every now and then.

Should have one of the best defenses in the state next year. Looking foward to seeing who the coaching staff does put in that open date.

Does it cut you that someone, I believe it was B&G, brought us into this 4A thread? That there are people bringing up the mere thought of lil ol' Shelby playing Richmond county. A chop block away from 7 state championships....IN A ROW...but 6 out of the last 7 is definitely fun!

Last 9 games against 3A KM:
W 24-21 Kings Mountain
W 14-7 at Kings Mountain
W 49-0 at Kings Mountain
W 27-7 Kings Mountain
W 34-20 at Kings Mountain
W 39-9 Kings Mountain
W 20-17 at Kings Mountain
W 28-23 Kings Mountain
L 42-17 at Kings Mountain

Looks pretty every now and then to me. Let me check the all time record

Record against Kings Mountain (73-19-7). Yup...every now and then.

Should have one of the best defenses in the state next year. Looking foward to seeing who the coaching staff does put in that open date.

It's getting to the point that I need to post this and I'm seriously considering talking to my lawyer.
When you signed up to post on this site, you agreed to the Terms of Service:

By signing up to post on Rivals' message boards, you agree that if Rivals blacklists you, you will cease and desist from posting on the message boards. If you are blacklisted, and subsequently sign up under new account(s) for the sole purpose of disrupting the message boards in any manner, you will be liable for damages to Rivals in the amount of fair compensation for time spent by Rivals staff and/or publishers in addition to any lost profits or revenues caused by your disruption and costs of collection of these damages, including attorneys fees. Due to difficulty in Rivals assessing these damages and costs, you agree that the minimum damage from violation of this provision will be $10,000 (without limitation on Rivals' ability to prove actual damages in excess of this amount).

Reactions: Ooooner
Its does get old when (on a 4A blog) u continue to talk about 2A teams....I say litigate his ass...that makes them learn.

Reactions: Ooooner
Anyways I think Richmond is preseason no 1 because they have so much coming back along with Creek being Creek jus reloading. We have our starting QB and most of our offense which is young coming back but we r losing so much on defense...hard to call us top 2 or 3. Theres rumblings over there on runnymede/colony rd...word is Drake Maye is upset and may want to go back to Hough. Maybe some of my Charlotte insiders can confirm whether this is true or not but the kid is upset with something. If that's the case Hough jus jumped top 3 AGAIN with arguably the best RB/ QB combo in the country with Maye and Pryor.

HArd to really know anything until the transfer portal closes.

I can vouch for this. Richmond barely did.

The shelby folks said they wont drive the 2.5 hours to us they would rather have us travel to them!! LOL they just scared to get there butts kicked!!!

The shelby folks said they wont drive the 2.5 hours to us they would rather have us travel to them!! LOL they just scared to get there butts kicked!!!

A lot of these games have to do with money as much as any other ingredient!

When trying to get a game against a non conferene opponent that also wants a home game you offer them a payout to come to your school. If the prospective opponent offers to match it they get the home game. If they do not match it and refuse to come to you it tells you us a little bit more about their desire to compete with you or you with them.

They did? Where? Doesn't make much sense to go that far when there are better teams in Charlotte...hehe. With 2 of the 6 North Carolina Maxpreps All Americans coming back on the Shelby defense, I believe our defense will be one of, if not the best in the state over all classes. Hoping we get someone solid in that open date!

They did? Where? Doesn't make much sense to go that far when there are better teams in Charlotte...hehe. With 2 of the 6 North Carolina Maxpreps All Americans coming back on the Shelby defense, I believe our defense will be one of, if not the best in the state over all classes. Hoping we get someone solid in that open date!

MaxPreps has zero analyst on the ground. That's why they screw up schedules, scores and records often. Now because 2 guys listed as AA, makes Shelby the best defense in all classes? It amazes me how someone can comment on the wrong board as much as you, and have zero knowledge on how it works. Put down the Crack Pipe, and stop taking Opioids. How about you mosey along back to the 2A board and talk about it with someone who cares. SMH!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT