ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond opening for 2020 season

Shelby declined? This is not what we heard. Lance was on his way out to APP with the talks of a game with Vance starting up. Lance decided to let the new coach fill the open date. The coaching selection process took months. By the time Wilbanks took the reigns, Vance had already put someone in the slot. There were few schools left with open dates so he did reach out to MH and I also heard Robbinsville but nothing ever came to fruition. Thus we only played TEN regular season games this season and sit at 13-1 going into tomorrow's championship game.

Would love to know where you heard that we declined? Also, would have loved to play Vance this season...this year's team is one of the best in the 6 of 7 year run.

Next year's team will be pretty good. We are losing some athletes at the skill positions but return several D1 studs on defense in Jack Hollifield and 10th grader Malaki Hamrick also 10th grader Santana Flack will start having the offers role in soon...kid is a beast. RB Omar Phillips will be back as well. Our biggest question mark will be at the QB position. Our current backup was the JV QB this season and will only be a 10th grader next season. Not sure what is going to happen at QB.
I guess listening thru the bathroom wall some toilets flushed and u missed some info lol

Reactions: hodgesd13
2019 would have been one of the best seasons to have this game. Not so sure about 2020

Because y'all brought us up....

Blue and Gold22 above was quickly the third post on this thread.
Richmond County (2109 students). Who just played in the Western Finals of the 4AA classification. The largest schools in the state.
And besides the big three of 4AA playoff teams this year, Mallard Creek (2564), Vance (2312), and Myers Park (3688), your first thought is you want little 2A Shelby with 827 students.
Well guys. That is quite a compliment. Thank you.
And the Golden Lions are so consuming in your heads. As it should be.
Shelby wins more than anyone else.
How many Titles do the Golden Lions have to win before it’s proud fans aren’t just always running our mouths? When is it True?
You do realize how close Shelby is to matching Independence’s 7 straight Titles accomplished just 10 years ago, right? You already know about the 50 years of unmatched success before that, correct?

Someone said earlier about a 2A Shelby matchup with 4A top dogs;
Only 11 play at a time call and set something up if not SHUT UP!

You are correct. 11 play. So you get 4.
See it this way. Using State Finalist Vance as the example.

827 Shelby ADM
2312 Vance ADM

So Shelby is 35.8% the size of Vance.
35.8% of 11 players equals 4.
Not your best 4, just a random 4 of your starting 11.
The other 7 players come from, say, a group of average 2A level players on the Vance roster.
If you have no average 2A players on your second team (Vance is 2.8 times larger than Shelby), take them off your third team.
Now it is even.

Would that Vance team defeat Shelby?

Or

Take the Shelby starting 11, and multiply that group by 2.8 so that Shelby now has 31 championship level starters to provide position shifts and depth to take on the current Vance team.
And that is only on one side of the ball.

Would that Shelby team defeat Vance?
You want to schedule that?

You dismiss as opponents IMG and St. Francis Academy due to there “advantages”, yet you quickly embrace playing down to a smaller Dillon or Shelby, aggressively mocking the enormous difference in players to choose from. Why?
Play up. Play one of these “super teams”.
Shelby used to play college teams.
Shelby has played regularly against schools 3 times their size. It has been a key to its historic success.
The Golden Lions have scheduled and played South Carolina’s #1 All-Time 4Aplus program Gaffney off and on for decades, even defeating the Indians in one of their SC State Championship years.
Crest won the non subdivided 4A Title in 94 and 96.
Shelby defeated Crest in 93, 95, and 97 (as 2A).

Shelby has scheduled and played up against much larger programs for over 100 years.
Most recently, in 2017, the Golden Lions scheduled and played the final # 4 team in the country. Rock Hill South Pointe.
While losing 25-0 on South Pointe’s field, the game was competitive and Shelby represented well.
That was also the only non-Championship Game team Shelby has produced since 2013 (6 of the last 7 years).
Has Vance, RC, MP, or MC ever scheduled and played a team that finished #4 in the country?

The Golden Lions have nothing left to prove.
Certainly not to you guys.
If there is any pressure on the program currently, it is simply to continue within the community to live up to the demand for excellence, on and off the field, that has remained consistent and sustained for the past six decades. And have fun.
Shelby has another first year coach in the Championship game Saturday.
No coincidences.
But we certainly acknowledge we are greatly blessed and fortunate.

South Meck-3376 students. Record 0-11.............So much for the more students better athlete debate.

Reactions: nepsy7
Mine goodness are you writing a book about them Shelby lions ?

If not you should be and I think it maybe a good book !!!

The only reason why I did say Shelby lions is because for years you been on here running that mouth how they are the true dynasty and then it goes to blah blah blah and then how in your eyes Richmond is not . So yes I would like No let me rephrase that LOVE to see Richmond play the Shelby lions to see who is the better team . So come on make it happen !!! let the two teams the Richmond Raiders of Richmond county North Carolina and the Shelby lions football players play it on the Field , not the fans writing about it message boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcov33

The only reason why I did say Shelby lions is because for years you been on here running that mouth how they are the true destiny and then it goes to blah blah blah and then how in your eyes Richmond is not . So yes I would like No let me rephrase that LOVE to see Richmond play the Shelby lions to see who is the better team . So come on make it happen !!! let the two teams the Richmond Raiders of Richmond county North Carolina and the Shelby lions football players play it on the Field , not the fans writing about it message boards.

you mean true dynasty?

Reactions: Hometown16
Shelby declined? This is not what we heard. Lance was on his way out to APP with the talks of a game with Vance starting up. Lance decided to let the new coach fill the open date. The coaching selection process took months. By the time Wilbanks took the reigns, Vance had already put someone in the slot. There were few schools left with open dates so he did reach out to MH and I also heard Robbinsville but nothing ever came to fruition. Thus we only played TEN regular season games this season and sit at 13-1 going into tomorrow's championship game.

Would love to know where you heard that we declined? Also, would have loved to play Vance this season...this year's team is one of the best in the 6 of 7 year run.

Next year's team will be pretty good. We are losing some athletes at the skill positions but return several D1 studs on defense in Jack Hollifield and 10th grader Malaki Hamrick also 10th grader Santana Flack will start having the offers role in soon...kid is a beast. RB Omar Phillips will be back as well. Our biggest question mark will be at the QB position. Our current backup was the JV QB this season and will only be a 10th grader next season. Not sure what is going to happen at QB.

Show me all those guys on college rosters today. That the Dynasty sent to school. Also! Has the Shelby coaching staff lifted the restraining order against you?

South Meck-3376 students. Record 0-11.............So much for the more students better athlete debate.

So why do we have classifications at all, Blue?

The only reason why I did say Shelby lions is because for years you been on here running that mouth how they are the true dynasty and then it goes to blah blah blah and then how in your eyes Richmond is not . So yes I would like No let me rephrase that LOVE to see Richmond play the Shelby lions to see who is the better team . So come on make it happen !!! let the two teams the Richmond Raiders of Richmond county North Carolina and the Shelby lions football players play it on the Field , not the fans writing about it message boards.

And “ for years “ what has Shelby done and what has Richmond County done?
Enough said and proven.

Head to head.
We will bring enough of Crest, Burns, and Kings Mountain with us to match your all-county 2109.
On second thought, since numbers don’t matter, we will bring them all.
You ready for that?

Oh yea. We have about that same 35% that get college opportunities. If we were larger, we would have more. Many of our alums go into the military, which is a comfortable fit.

btango- why do you so quickly support and propose matchups that observably give a huge advantage to the larger 4A schools?
Can’t figure you out. Other than you expose your 4A bias. And don’t give us your generic history until you give us some legitimate credentials.
Are you saying it makes no difference?
Again then, why have classifications?

We do thank you for recognizing our challenging schedules and focusing (eventually) on the ultimate goal......wins and Championships.

So why do we have classifications at all, Blue?

And “ for years “ what has Shelby done and what has Richmond County done?
Enough said and proven.

Head to head.
We will bring enough of Crest, Burns, and Kings Mountain with us to match your all-county 2109.
On second thought, since numbers don’t matter, we will bring them all.
You ready for that?

Oh yea. We have about that same 35% that get college opportunities. If we were larger, we would have more. Many of our alums go into the military, which is a comfortable fit.

btango- why do you so quickly support and propose matchups that observably give a huge advantage to the larger 4A schools?
Can’t figure you out. Other than you expose your 4A bias. And don’t give us your generic history until you give us some legitimate credentials.
Are you saying it makes no difference?
Again then, why have classifications?

We do thank you for recognizing our challenging schedules and focusing (eventually) on the ultimate goal......wins and Championships.

Your arguement is and has always been stupid and the fact that you spend so much time on it just validates the fact that you have an unhealthy obsession with a HS football program.

First- Shelby has nothing to prove to me. I already acknowledge they are one of the best HS football programs in the state. I think most rational people do.

Second- once you are in the highest classification playing some hypothetical school is really no longer an option. I get that there are HS with big enrollments in other states but it cost money and in many cases time that just isnt gonna happen in 99% of the cases and you also know that. It's why you keep beating this stupid narrative over and over. Shelby can drive 30 minutes and play a bigger school if they want. Richmond would need to drive 5 hours at a minimum.....just stupid .

I stopped going round and round with you after the last time you got banned. Like most of you guys you show up months later with a new screen name and the same cycle begins again.

I could careless about ADMs. South Meck has about 1400 more students than Vance. How is that working out??

Shelby has turned down several opportunities to play 4a and 4aa Meck teams. I am 100% positive it had nothing to do with fear and everything to do with the Shelby coaches making sure they make the right decisions as it relates to their program. Nothing but respect for that.

I love great matchups because I love HS football.......I could careless about anything else.

Show me all those guys on college rosters today. That the Dynasty sent to school. Also! Has the Shelby coaching staff lifted the restraining order against you?

woah, loaded question. Let me stick a tack here as a place holder.

man-looking-through-magnifying-glass_1149-210.jpg

Reactions: nepsy7

Name the kids on rosters today? (Remember you're a Dynasty)

Name the kids on rosters today? (Remember you're a Dynasty)

Off the top of my head currently playing...

Jaylon Scott
Dax Hollifield
Calvin Camp
Demerio Houston
Tre Jolly
Josh Smith
Jordan Brown
Darius Clark
Maleek McMullens
Darquez Lee
May have left some more off

We have several seniors from this year's team that will be playing at the next level:

Isaiah Bess
Spencer Triplett
Nick Stites
Thomas Hougas
Probably Ja'hari Mitchell and a few others.

Btw....we're a 2A school. Is the above good enough for you?

Off the top of my head currently playing...

Jaylon Scott
Dax Hollifield
Calvin Camp
Demerio Houston
Tre Jolly
Josh Smith
Jordan Brown
Darius Clark
Maleek McMullens
Darquez Lee
May have left some more off

We have several seniors from this year's team that will be playing at the next level:

Isaiah Bess
Spencer Triplett
Nick Stites
Thomas Hougas
Probably Ja'hari Mitchell and a few others.

Btw....we're a 2A school. Is the above good enough for you?

Nope! Not good enough for me. Based on classification of those kids. The Dynasty is averaging 2 kids a year from the alleged winningest program in NC History..... Finally you said something that makes sense. WE'RE 2A! Been trying to tell you that, since you were 2 different profiles ago. That's the board you should be on. Carry on!

Last edited:
True...ya can't have it both ways. Can't brag about your past glories vs bigger schools and then lay claim to it being unfair to be called out to play them. De La Salle is a DYNASTY that has 1,050 students enrolled. You are the ONLY person who gets on every board and makes the claim of being a dynasty. Dynasties take on anybody, anywhere, any time...just saying.

I am not a Shelby homer but wasn't former Mallard Creek and UNC QB Marquise William's originally from Shelby? Seems like I remember reading years back he was from Shelby and that his dad wanted to move him to Charlotte to play football there. No I dont know the time line he could have moved to Charlotte in junior high perhaps?

I am not a Shelby homer but wasn't former Mallard Creek and UNC QB Marquise William's originally from Shelby? Seems like I remember reading years back he was from Shelby and that his dad wanted to move him to Charlotte to play football there. No I dont know the time line he could have moved to Charlotte in junior high perhaps?

Played at MC all four years. Was originally from Cleveland county

Williams is from Shelby. Can join the all what if squad with Nick Maddox and Khalan Laborn.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
I thought this was a "Richmond Raiders have a opening next year" thread. It's totally gotten off topic.

Because y'all brought us up....

Blue and Gold22 above was quickly the third post on this thread.
Richmond County (2109 students). Who just played in the Western Finals of the 4AA classification. The largest schools in the state.
And besides the big three of 4AA playoff teams this year, Mallard Creek (2564), Vance (2312), and Myers Park (3688), your first thought is you want little 2A Shelby with 827 students.
Well guys. That is quite a compliment. Thank you.
And the Golden Lions are so consuming in your heads. As it should be.
Shelby wins more than anyone else.
How many Titles do the Golden Lions have to win before it’s proud fans aren’t just always running our mouths? When is it True?
You do realize how close Shelby is to matching Independence’s 7 straight Titles accomplished just 10 years ago, right? You already know about the 50 years of unmatched success before that, correct?

Someone said earlier about a 2A Shelby matchup with 4A top dogs;
Only 11 play at a time call and set something up if not SHUT UP!

You are correct. 11 play. So you get 4.
See it this way. Using State Finalist Vance as the example.

827 Shelby ADM
2312 Vance ADM

So Shelby is 35.8% the size of Vance.
35.8% of 11 players equals 4.
Not your best 4, just a random 4 of your starting 11.
The other 7 players come from, say, a group of average 2A level players on the Vance roster.
If you have no average 2A players on your second team (Vance is 2.8 times larger than Shelby), take them off your third team.
Now it is even.

Would that Vance team defeat Shelby?

Or

Take the Shelby starting 11, and multiply that group by 2.8 so that Shelby now has 31 championship level starters to provide position shifts and depth to take on the current Vance team.
And that is only on one side of the ball.

Would that Shelby team defeat Vance?
You want to schedule that?

You dismiss as opponents IMG and St. Francis Academy due to there “advantages”, yet you quickly embrace playing down to a smaller Dillon or Shelby, aggressively mocking the enormous difference in players to choose from. Why?
Play up. Play one of these “super teams”.
Shelby used to play college teams.
Shelby has played regularly against schools 3 times their size. It has been a key to its historic success.
The Golden Lions have scheduled and played South Carolina’s #1 All-Time 4Aplus program Gaffney off and on for decades, even defeating the Indians in one of their SC State Championship years.
Crest won the non subdivided 4A Title in 94 and 96.
Shelby defeated Crest in 93, 95, and 97 (as 2A).

Shelby has scheduled and played up against much larger programs for over 100 years.
Most recently, in 2017, the Golden Lions scheduled and played the final # 4 team in the country. Rock Hill South Pointe.
While losing 25-0 on South Pointe’s field, the game was competitive and Shelby represented well.
That was also the only non-Championship Game team Shelby has produced since 2013 (6 of the last 7 years).
Has Vance, RC, MP, or MC ever scheduled and played a team that finished #4 in the country?

The Golden Lions have nothing left to prove.
Certainly not to you guys.
If there is any pressure on the program currently, it is simply to continue within the community to live up to the demand for excellence, on and off the field, that has remained consistent and sustained for the past six decades. And have fun.
Shelby has another first year coach in the Championship game Saturday.
No coincidences.
But we certainly acknowledge we are greatly blessed and fortunate.

It appears you have graduated from mrhonda's Common Core Football Institute.

(The only reason the Shelby Golden Lions are ever mentioned here is because you a bunch of mouthy little turds...)

He was zoned to play at North Meck. Dad moved to MC area when Coach @ NM didn’t believe he was a QB....Lmao!

I think when Mallard Creek opened they were districted to MC. They were initially disappointed they would be at a new school then understood the football program had great potential.

2 relies must replied to. Sorry for the length

It's not a HS program
Blue and Gold you are right about IMG they are not a true high school program. They get athletes (students) from all across America but St. Francis gets their kids from the greater Baltimore DC area. I must add that the kids SFA gets are from the inner city ghetto and the head coach arranges places for these kids to stay and to keep them out of trouble. The only reason SFA can't play for WAAC is because SFA was blackballed by Gillman for leaving Gillman HS. What is the difference from them and Charlotte Catholic. Does CC get their kids from a certain boundary or from all over the Charlotte Metro? Yet they are playing for a State Chip today? As a metter of fact, CC lost 2 games to 2 OOS champions for this year by a total of 10 points I believe. Archbishop Rummel out of LA and Our Lady of Good Council out of DC. In my opinion that is how you build a team. The coaching staff of CC challenged their kids to play up to their ability. Winning is great but losing builds character. I for 1 have more respect for CC than any other school in NC simply because of the way the HCoach challenges his team. Each and every one of those kids on the team will be better men in the future because they were put in very difficult positions and succeeded in fighting to the end. It seems that the Charlotte Power schools are refusing to play UP to competition and are staying in their comfort zone. I remember my time at Thomasville as a 1AA powerhouse and Coach Brown has us play 4A teams. We won one and lost 1 by a touchdown but I can tell you it made us better just by playing teams much bigger than us. Playing Shelby is playing down to your competition. That's a no win proposition.

And to the idiot who asked how many kids that went to college from Shelby. What an elitist reply. You should be ashamed of yourself for even asking that question. I for one took offense to that question. I am a proud Thomasville alum. You know the school. A small country folk school. I also graduated from Georgia Tech with a degree in mechanical engineering, working here in Atlanta. Not bad for a country bumpkin.

And for #2 to the person that said any HC could win at IMG. I say this so should any HC win at Mallard Creek with all those athletes that come through the program every year. Yes competition has stiffened up some but the talent level overwhelmingly goes with MC. It really seems to me that the HC has lost control of his program. Yes he is very successful in the past with state chips but he is failing greatly the last 3 years. Why? When you have so many stars on the team, they start to run the show in their own minds and the HC can't keep them focused and determined the whole season. Yes they start out strong but fail when the pressure comes.

Now I wait for the GA 7A championships

Peach out and good luck to all teams playing today

Blue and Gold you are right about IMG they are not a true high school program. They get athletes (students) from all across America but St. Francis gets their kids from the greater Baltimore DC area. I must add that the kids SFA gets are from the inner city ghetto and the head coach arranges places for these kids to stay and to keep them out of trouble. The only reason SFA can't play for WAAC is because SFA was blackballed by Gillman for leaving Gillman HS. What is the difference from them and Charlotte Catholic. Does CC get their kids from a certain boundary or from all over the Charlotte Metro? Yet they are playing for a State Chip today? As a metter of fact, CC lost 2 games to 2 OOS champions for this year by a total of 10 points I believe. Archbishop Rummel out of LA and Our Lady of Good Council out of DC. In my opinion that is how you build a team. The coaching staff of CC challenged their kids to play up to their ability. Winning is great but losing builds character. I for 1 have more respect for CC than any other school in NC simply because of the way the HCoach challenges his team. Each and every one of those kids on the team will be better men in the future because they were put in very difficult positions and succeeded in fighting to the end. It seems that the Charlotte Power schools are refusing to play UP to competition and are staying in their comfort zone. I remember my time at Thomasville as a 1AA powerhouse and Coach Brown has us play 4A teams. We won one and lost 1 by a touchdown but I can tell you it made us better just by playing teams much bigger than us. Playing Shelby is playing down to your competition. That's a no win proposition.

And to the idiot who asked how many kids that went to college from Shelby. What an elitist reply. You should be ashamed of yourself for even asking that question. I for one took offense to that question. I am a proud Thomasville alum. You know the school. A small country folk school. I also graduated from Georgia Tech with a degree in mechanical engineering, working here in Atlanta. Not bad for a country bumpkin.

And for #2 to the person that said any HC could win at IMG. I say this so should any HC win at Mallard Creek with all those athletes that come through the program every year. Yes competition has stiffened up some but the talent level overwhelmingly goes with MC. It really seems to me that the HC has lost control of his program. Yes he is very successful in the past with state chips but he is failing greatly the last 3 years. Why? When you have so many stars on the team, they start to run the show in their own minds and the HC can't keep them focused and determined the whole season. Yes they start out strong but fail when the pressure comes.

Really didnt read all of this because I stopped at the difference between SFA and CC. I didnt need to read anything further as I assumed it was just the usual.

I am very familiar with Biffy and his attempt at HS football domination disguised as some sort of cultural out reach program.

To answer your question about the difference . Let's start with Biffy"s $ 2.5 Million that he has spent of his own money and pivot to the free lodging for dozens of recruited kids.

I could go on but it's not neccessary.

I think if the SFA's, IMG'S, Gorman's of the world want to play each other have at it. Obviously some deep pockets and ego's at play. I have no doubt that this sort of setup will make it's way to NC eventually. I played at Mount Carmel in Chicago for 2 years. These programs are a byproduct of that just on steroids. I get it.

Trying to spin a narrative that programs like Richmond, Mallard Creek, Vance should " play up" is just stupid. Its public school HS football played at a competitive level and bares no resemblance to what SFA does.

Has Biffy found anyone in Maryland to play him or is he still pounding teams from Ontario? Do they get off the bus with skates and sticks?

Reactions: btango
Blue and Gold you are right about IMG they are not a true high school program. They get athletes (students) from all across America but St. Francis gets their kids from the greater Baltimore DC area. I must add that the kids SFA gets are from the inner city ghetto and the head coach arranges places for these kids to stay and to keep them out of trouble. The only reason SFA can't play for WAAC is because SFA was blackballed by Gillman for leaving Gillman HS. What is the difference from them and Charlotte Catholic. Does CC get their kids from a certain boundary or from all over the Charlotte Metro? Yet they are playing for a State Chip today? As a metter of fact, CC lost 2 games to 2 OOS champions for this year by a total of 10 points I believe. Archbishop Rummel out of LA and Our Lady of Good Council out of DC. In my opinion that is how you build a team. The coaching staff of CC challenged their kids to play up to their ability. Winning is great but losing builds character. I for 1 have more respect for CC than any other school in NC simply because of the way the HCoach challenges his team. Each and every one of those kids on the team will be better men in the future because they were put in very difficult positions and succeeded in fighting to the end. It seems that the Charlotte Power schools are refusing to play UP to competition and are staying in their comfort zone.

You are grossly misinformed about St Frances. Just as with SFA it is ridiculous to compare them or Mater Dei, STA, SBJ, et al to Charlotte Catholic .

One of the big issues with SFA is their recruiting from out of state. 14 players this year were not from Maryland or DC and were brought to Baltimore with all tuition paid and housing provided. They have nearly 40 players they provide housing and tuition to. In addition there have been concerns with academic performance and grading not to mention a limited number of the footballers are or have been members of the Catholic Church.

No student athletes at Charlotte Catholic are allowed to receive any tuition assistance. Over 95% of their students are members of the local Diocese. Pretty much every player played at a feeder Catholic middle school. The adding of football to the middle school with former CC players coaching is a big part of their success the last 15 or so years. CC, like the other Parochials in the NCHSAA, have a 25 mile radius rule for athletic participation and a one year sit out rule for a transfer student.

Regarding playing up. How high up can a Mallard Creek play? They agreed to an offer to go to Colquitt County last year but Colquitt reduced the verbal agreement offer by 33% killing the deal. I feel pretty confident that playing at Dutch Fork and Gaffney are a tough task for almost any school. Traveling or paying schools to visit is tough for some of the publics which is not such a big issue for Catholic.

Richmond has never played Weddington.

Someone brought up South Meck earlier having tons of students and being 0-11. I'd just like to point out that Richmond is 0-1 vs S.Meck in their history.

I'd like to see Richmond play a perennial powerhouse. Shelby, Catholic, Lee County, Weddington, KM, Crest, (insert your Charlotte team), East or West Forsyth.

So you’re a imbecile with a mechanical engineer degree from Georgia Tech, who took a wrong turn and jumped into a conversation from the outside, crawling out of a cave. Than you spewed out some of the most uninformed garbage I’ve seen in a while. Yes! Peach out.

Last edited:
I can't post the link but I looked and it said that from 1960 through 2017 Dillon, South Carolina is 8-3 vs out of state opponents. I know Dillon lost to Mallard Creek in 2013 and 2016 so that would only leave one possible loss to Richmond which I'm pretty sure came in 94 when Dillon was ranked in the USA Today top 25. I think I read somewhere before that Dillon was in fact 2-1 against Richmond but can't find it to verify.

I know for a fact Richmond beat Dillon in 94. Because I was in the Navy and a shipmate was a big high school fan fro Ohio always talking up the Ohio teams. He happened to be reading a USA Today newspaper which had the then top 25 results in it. I looked at it and Dillon was in the top 25 at that time. It listed that they had just beaten whoever's and listed there next game would be against Richmond. Knowing what I knew about Richmond even then I went out on a limb and told this guy Richmond would win. He knew nothing in particular about either Richmond or Dillon but he couldn't believe me that an unranked team could beat a nationally ranked team. So we bet 10 dollars. Back then there was no internet but when the next weeks USA today came out we in fact verified that Richmond had won the game and that Dillon had dropped out of the USA Today rankings. I'm not a Richmond fan but I'm glad they won that game and I won my 10 dollars from him.

St Francis does have alot of out of state players in their roster. Even Jadevion(sp?) Clowneys cousin plays for SF.

Possible game with Charlotte Catholic in the works
Well if Catholic/Richmond play week 2 it'd be interesting to see if Weddington can get one. However, I am not sure it is much like Weddington to try and schedule big name teams. Catholic's done it for decades.

However, I have not heard anything regarding this game.

Reactions: btango
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT