ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond@ Dudley

Northern Guilford won it all in 2012 and play Dudley in regular season. Hillside had 9-3 record in 2013. Believe me I did read your post. I know Dudley play real good teams in playoff but they also did play solid teams in regular season too. Now they did not play great teams last year in regular season and didn't even play N. Guilford which won state in 3AA. It is funny to me that you said Richmond's caliber since 2012....Richmond didn't even reach State final......N. Guilford DID. I bet you even money that Northern Guilford will run Richmond off in 2012. By the way Hillside did very well last year and lost to NEW BERN in playoff by six points. NB won the state final last year.

In 2013, Richmond lost to NW Guilford badly in playoff and NW Guilford would not beat Dudley in same year for sure . I think you put Richmond on a pedestal that is a bit too high. Last time Richmond has been a factor was back in 2008. I understand that Dudley haven't play high caliber teams past couple years since Northern Guilford went off the schedule. Dudley have play Hillside for a good while. This game last night will pay dividends for both team I suspect.
"Since 2012" does not include the year 2012, which is where I drew the line in looking back thru Dudley's schedules. I think Northern Guilford was very legit during those years, as were some other teams.

Hillside in 2013 played in the worst 4A conference in the entire state (and still does), so their 9-3 record that year is equivalent to a 6-6 record if they had played in a better conference. BTW, the Charlotte Country Day club that walked into Durham and beat Hillside that year got smoked in several different games right after that, including by one 3A school.

I didn't predict Richmond to win last night because of anything that they did or didn't do over the last several years (which were down by their standards). I predicted them to win because they showed me some things a couple of weeks ago against Butler. Dudley hadn't played anyone good enough to expose their weaknesses or accentuate their strengths in 2015, and I thought that would be the difference in the game. This loss will help Dudley tons down the road.

I saw that NW Guilford team in person in the 2013 playoffs when they traveled to Mallard Creek. Overall, I was very impressed by them. I thought they played MC tougher than Butler had the prior week, and I thought they were deserving of the #6 ranking they had at the time. They might not have been good enough to beat Dudley that year, but there sure weren't many teams in the state that they weren't good enough to beat. If Dudley were overlooking them, that matchup might've been a surprise.

Great win on Richmond part and MOVE ON..... It is a long season and Richmond will get better but you guys will still see Clt teams take care of business. There is no way to know about Dudley and Richmond rematch since they are not in same classification. If they meet again, Dudley will do much better and the weather does come in play. (of course rain affect BOTH TEAMS)

It will help Richmond to prepare for Scotland County and it also help Dudley to prepare for Page game. Now I remember one of the posters said that Dudley haven't play Richmond caliber in past few years. YOU ARE WRONG. Dudley won it all two years ago and ran over Scotland in State final. Dudley also play Hillside for few years past five years running. Dudley also played Northern Guilford past few years and N. Guilford won it all several times. In fact. Dudley played two state championship teams in 2011.

Richmond has not been a factor in State final since 2008 which is a good way back. As long Charlotte produce great teams ....it will be a VERY long time before Richmond winning State final. Once in a blue moon, somebody will win like Page and New Bern since 2001. Dudley will be fine and they don't have long face .....they will move on and get better for Page and the playoff. Dudley has seen better teams in the past. MOVE ON!
I'm not a Richmond fan by no means, but they have a bye week coming let them enjoy their win over Dudley, why would dudley do much better, Richmond is converting to a passing team it would seem the weather would favor dudley's style of play?

...Richmond is converting to a passing team it would seem the weather would favor dudley's style of play?
I was thinking that Richmond's #1 asset is their tremendous overall team speed, and that the rain wiped out a bunch of that advantage. If they played on a dry track somewhere, then Richmond's speed would really get a chance to show off.

I was thinking that Richmond's #1 asset is their tremendous overall team speed, and that the rain wiped out a bunch of that advantage. If they played on a dry track somewhere, then Richmond's speed would really get a chance to show off.
Agreed, that why i'm not sure a rematch would be better for Dudley, My Scots lost to Dudley in the finals and its not because they Ran all over us as Mactazheels says our speed and passing game was hurt due to weather, and before i'm attacked by posters Dudley had alot to do with it also very good team that year....

That night Richmond beat Dudley. They RAN the ball and really hurt Dudley on the ground in first half. I suspect if they play again in good weather, we would see a completely different game. We will never know since they will not meet in playoff due to different size. Richmond and Dudley got a bye this week and that is a great thing due to RAIN. It will help both teams in the long run. My disappointment was the rain last Friday and Monday. I would love to see great weather, crowd and great game at the Tarp. Dudley bring a great crowd and the atmosphere there is great in good weather . I also was disapponted that Fish Fry was only on Visitor side. Man I have to wait till Dudley play Page in order to eat Fish Fry. Good luck to both teams for the remaining of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT