ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond@ Dudley

Great job Raiders! Since all the haters say Dudley was gonna give a ass whoopin! Love it !

i would agree with that for now. i think sc has been shown the ability to pass the ball as of late but this will iron itself out soon enough. vance will get MC and Butler and MC will probably meet again. catholic has the easiest road until playoffs. sc and rc will have the toughest. i think we have the best player in the state IMO on offense but he still needs the line to play smart and tough.

...and Butler and MC will probably meet again.
Butler has gone into full self destruct mode internally and has big trouble coming our way. I'll be shocked if this has any kind of ending in which Butler is still a major player in the title race come November.

Evidently the newspapers and TV.'s up this way gave the Panthers the big head....lol...congrats to RC............maybe that will cool some of the media frenzy so they can now pay attention to some of the other teams here in the Northern Piedmont..........................
THAT WAS THEIR REALITY SHOW MR. RAM

i heard something was brewing at butler and some players sitting last week but i just took that as smoke. hope its nothing that is criminal. that is never good.

Wow, I wonder what it could be going on at Butler. But, where there's smoke, there's fire. Hokie's word is as good as gold.

If it is true with Butler? These kids today are not thinking at all. It's Bad!

i heard something was brewing at butler and some players sitting last week but i just took that as smoke.
Unfortunately, it's not smoke. 5 of our best players are all in deep legal trouble at the moment and are not currently active with the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAIDERS2014
I saw that, which is why I went ahead and commented on it. We are past smoke phase now, for sure.

Thanks! I do not live in WBTV area but website will do the trick.!

By the way I saw the game tonite and Dudley did play a much better game in second half. The key of the game is much like any games last Friday.....TURNOVERS. I also think Dudley were playing very conservative on offense due to rain? The center of Dudley did not do a good job tonight as far as snapping the ball. That hurt Dudley tremendously. I also think coaches on Dudley did not make real good adjustment during first half but did so at halftime. Richmond did not score at all in 2nd half. That turnover by DB of Dudley (intercepetion) ran all the way back to mid field then fumble was the key. the momentum switch in a heartbeat and Richmond ran the clock off even more! That the way it goes with RAIN ... That goes for both team as well.

As far as seeing Page, East Forsyth and Dudley....I give the team at EF nod for Triad area since they got better offense than Page and Dudley. EF defense is very solid and coaching staff at EF make good adjustment better than Dudley and Page I believe. If Dudley play like tonight against Page, they will be in trouble due to better offense on Page compare to Richmond. Give props to Richmond to stick with the game plan and eat up the clock

You had turnovers in this game also. Come on man! Nice win tonight, but at no time were you guys in the game with Butler.

We played a better team that night. Less turnovers and it's a closer game, but still the same outcome. Butler helped us a bit too...penalties in the second half. Butler D was ahead of our O by a large gap. If RC keeps improving on O, still a ways to go, that will give us a better chance against a D like Butler. I wouldn't think many should question the Butler D at this point since there were some discussions about it.

Reactions: hokiemtc
I wouldn't think many should question the Butler D at this point since there were some discussions about it.
I would certainly hope not. It's never wise for fans to brag about how good someone is (Dudley's D, in this case) before they've played sufficient competition to prove it on the field.

Butler's D was a work of art up until now, but, alas, all good things must come to an end.

I would certainly hope not. It's never wise for fans to brag about how good someone is (Dudley's D, in this case) before they've played sufficient competition to prove it on the field.

Butler's D was a work of art up until now, but all good things must come to an end.

I have no comment for the latter, but I hope it all works out fairly for all involved.

Lord knows I ain't not the smartest person in the room, but yall acting like Rockingham nomiated Dudley. I think the score was 14 to 12. Says Dudley missed two extra points on a wet field, Sounds like Dudley was about equal to Rockingham to me. The season ain't over yet, they still got to play more games, including some conference games. People on here like to announce state champions based on one game. My Daddy says you don't base your whole year on the first bale of cotton. And you don't get paid based on wet cotton.

dudley is still a good team maybe rc found something they exploited for a half because 2nd half they didn't do much of anything. Maybe dudley is not Butler or MC but they are not Garinger either. i was more impressed with raider d. they have come a long way since i last saw them getting drug up and down the field against sc and millbrook.

Richmond totally dominated this game, scoreboard notwithstanding, so if Dudley is a top 5 team, then Richmond is a top 3 team.

Don't know about that...RCs 4 other wins came against teams with a combined record of...5-19.

Dudley's wins came against teams with a combined record of 13-15.

Seems as though they haven't really played anybody. Butler is 5-1 and spanked RC.

Meck 4A schools plus Scotland County would make up the top 5-7.

Lord knows I ain't not the smartest person in the room, but yall acting like Rockingham nomiated Dudley. I think the score was 14 to 12. Says Dudley missed two extra points on a wet field, Sounds like Dudley was about equal to Rockingham to me. The season ain't over yet, they still got to play more games, including some conference games. People on here like to announce state champions based on one game. My Daddy says you don't base your whole year on the first bale of cotton. And you don't get paid based on wet cotton.

Bubba, Yall, Lord knows,My Daddy, ain't, bale of cotton and wet cotton? Where are you from? :)

YOU WIN BY THIS MUCH
314_Lots_of_Cotton_Candy.jpg

NOT BY THIS MUCH
cottonball.jpg

Played a Anson close game . Got two tds behind on s sorry ass Southview and Doglas Byrd game and you think u done something. Sorry...u got a for sure 2 loss coming. Ur not in same league as Dudley. The Scotland loss is for sure. The Pincrest is an. "If". Don't dazzle me. And that's nuff said.
Not n the same league with dudley.....t......Richmond 14 dudley 12.....nuff said......

Last edited:
Always "Scotland". Wow too! The Scots didn't beat Soutview as bad. They were never down and were out several starters. Do go ahead and compare..,,,ur no longer in the same league as "Scotland ". Try something else. Two losses coming. And 1 maybe. That's where ur at. " nuff said". I called the Butler game by 21....almost on the money. Not as dumb about football as u think. Dudley by 14. Pincrest by 9. And Scotland by 14 if they have injuries and don't try. "nuff said"
Dudley by 14.......NUFF SAID.....

Last edited:
I really think the Raiders have a good chance in this game ..Lets cut down the mistakes inside the 10 yard line.....Lets get our punt team coached up........Our Offensive line play looked a bit better, still a work in progress, even though we were missing one of our better linemen who will be back this week........One of our best wr's hopefully will be back this week... a good week of practice,with the right attitudes to keep improving ...... ...Maybe we will have the complete first unit on both sides of the ball, for the first time this season.....No predictions , but , I will say this ....IF the Raiders have ZERO turnovers , they will have a good chance to win.....nuff said...
CORRECT ..........NUFF SAID....

I have the feeling there's going to be some long faces in Dudley this week when they realize that Richmond is a hell of lot better than all of the teams they've played so far this year combined.
Me, too, stud! ...NUFF SAID...

i would agree with that for now. i think sc has been shown the ability to pass the ball as of late but this will iron itself out soon enough. vance will get MC and Butler and MC will probably meet again. catholic has the easiest road until playoffs. sc and rc will have the toughest. i think we have the best player in the state IMO on offense but he still needs the line to play smart and tough.

Vance is small 4A

Great win on Richmond part and MOVE ON..... It is a long season and Richmond will get better but you guys will still see Clt teams take care of business. There is no way to know about Dudley and Richmond rematch since they are not in same classification. If they meet again, Dudley will do much better and the weather does come in play. (of course rain affect BOTH TEAMS)

It will help Richmond to prepare for Scotland County and it also help Dudley to prepare for Page game. Now I remember one of the posters said that Dudley haven't play Richmond caliber in past few years. YOU ARE WRONG. Dudley won it all two years ago and ran over Scotland in State final. Dudley also play Hillside for few years past five years running. Dudley also played Northern Guilford past few years and N. Guilford won it all several times. In fact. Dudley played two state championship teams in 2011.

Richmond has not been a factor in State final since 2008 which is a good way back. As long Charlotte produce great teams ....it will be a VERY long time before Richmond winning State final. Once in a blue moon, somebody will win like Page and New Bern since 2001. Dudley will be fine and they don't have long face .....they will move on and get better for Page and the playoff. Dudley has seen better teams in the past. MOVE ON!

Vance is small 4A
Vance is right on the cut line using last year's ADMs (I track this every week), and the word on the street here is that their ADM will be higher in 2015 than it was last year.

Just a guess here, but I'd say Vance going big is more likely than not at this time, depending on how the conference races unfold (in other words, who qualifies for the playoffs and who doesn't).

My memory is failing me of the score of the last Dudley - Richmond County game played in Richmond County. Any of you Raider fans recall that tally ? The event was a dozen or so years ago, and it may have been the first game for both squads, but for the life of me, I cant recall the score...

Reactions: PrinceOfDudley
Now I remember one of the posters said that Dudley haven't play Richmond caliber in past few years. YOU ARE WRONG. Dudley won it all two years ago and ran over Scotland in State final.
Damn...someone else misquoting me. C'mon, people, reading is fundamental!

I said Dudley hadn't faced a team of Richmond's caliber in the regular season since 2012. Leaving out those few words totally changes the meaning of what was written.

Vance is right on the cut line using last year's ADMs (I track this every week), and the word on the street here is that their ADM will be higher in 2015 than it was last year.

Just a guess here, but I'd say Vance going big is more likely than not at this time, depending on how the conference races unfold (in other words, who qualifies for the playoffs and who doesn't).

Sucks for Vance, I guess small 4A belongs to Dudley, Catholic, and Scotland

Northern Guilford won it all in 2012 and play Dudley in regular season. Hillside had 9-3 record in 2013. Believe me I did read your post. I know Dudley play real good teams in playoff but they also did play solid teams in regular season too. Now they did not play great teams last year in regular season and didn't even play N. Guilford which won state in 3AA. It is funny to me that you said Richmond's caliber since 2012....Richmond didn't even reach State final......N. Guilford DID. I bet you even money that Northern Guilford will run Richmond off in 2012. By the way Hillside did very well last year and lost to NEW BERN in playoff by six points. NB won the state final last year.

In 2013, Richmond lost to NW Guilford badly in playoff and NW Guilford would not beat Dudley in same year for sure . I think you put Richmond on a pedestal that is a bit too high. Last time Richmond has been a factor was back in 2008. I understand that Dudley haven't play high caliber teams past couple years since Northern Guilford went off the schedule. Dudley have play Hillside for a good while. This game last night will pay dividends for both team I suspect.

Richmond was very good in 2009 and a state title contender losing to Butler in the regular season game and Indy in the third round. Both really close games that went down to the end. 2010 they lost twice to Butler. Not as good as in 2009 which was the equal or better than 2008 and I am talking about the end of season 2008 not the early season edition which was a team riddled with injuries and learning how to run a revamped offense.

Reactions: mactazheels
My memory is failing me of the score of the last Dudley - Richmond County game played in Richmond County. Any of you Raider fans recall that tally ? The event was a dozen or so years ago, and it may have been the first game for both squads, but for the life of me, I cant recall the score...

GSO,

That score was 19-14.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT