ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond county football

Would not surprise me to see Richmond enter the playoffs undefeated but they did not look bad against Myers Park. Thought MP was a bad matchup but did not think I would that much of a difference on the field.

Improving program on the rise. Have had two home losses in the playoffs to good but not great Meck county teams. One because they couldn't tackle, the other because they were clueless against the pass.

Not a top 5 4aa team yet, but closing the gap pretty quick.

Improving program on the rise. Have had two home losses in the playoffs to good but not great Meck county teams. One because they couldn't tackle, the other because they were clueless against the pass.

Not a top 5 4aa team yet, but closing the gap pretty quick.
Been trying 2 tell these 2019 MP bandwagon riders that having an explosive offense is great.....(August thru October)...but having a solid competent defense wins championships. November and December brings those cold winds in and you going 2 know how to defend and tackle. I think RC is in the rise tho, gonna b a dogfight between them and SC for that conference.

Been trying 2 tell these 2019 MP bandwagon riders that having an explosive offense is great.....(August thru October)...but having a solid competent defense wins championships. November and December brings those cold winds in and you going 2 know how to defend and tackle. I think RC is in the rise tho, gonna b a dogfight between them and SC for that conference.
I think Richmond will easily win

Dont hear to many people speak about it but yes that conference is tough but it doesnt do RC any favors in preparing to play in the 4AA west

Richmond that didn't score until the 4th quarter...against a .500 team last year?... That game was suppose to be a woodsheder... but it wasn't...too many unknowns to say who'll win...but it wont be an easy one if Richmond is to be victorious... Not bashing just don't see what the fuss is about in Richmond...especially after last year.

Richmond that didn't score until the 4th quarter...against a .500 team last year?... That game was suppose to be a woodsheder... but it wasn't...too many unknowns to say who'll win...but it wont be an easy one if Richmond is to be victorious... Not bashing just don't see what the fuss is about in Richmond...especially after last year.
Actually we scored I'm the first, third, and fourth quarter.

What does Richmond have coming back?
There offense is the same with just a couple of seniors gone and their defense is the same other than losing their d line the secondary looks real good it’s lead by dereck barringer #20 and division 1 prospect dmarcus harrington #21

There offense is the same with just a couple of seniors gone and their defense is the same other than losing their d line the secondary looks real good it’s lead by dereck barringer #20 and division 1 prospect dmarcus harrington #21

If they get that secondary on point, I can see them making a run. That was the problem last year. But you need that D Line to put pressure on the QB, to help with the secondary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 704CougarsDad
The problem for RC is that the consolidation of the top talent in Meck county and Wake county continues to grow faster. It used to be one or two kids transferring, now its 8-10 and there coming from over the border as well. Not a lot of people moving to Richmond. So when they get to rd 3 or so you are playing teams like Wake, Myers PRk, Vance, Creek, Hough with in some cases 8-10 FBS kids. Very tough to compete.

Charlotte football insider was at RSHS today done a nice piece and interview with players and coaches.

We hope so but it's hard to win a state. You have to have talent and luck. It's hard for a country school to compete against schools with an endless amount of in the talent pool.

A lot of it comes down to East of West. Go East and RC basically has to win one game to get to a title game. Anything can happen in one game. Go West and RC is gonna have to play 2 or maybe 3 tough games to even get to the title game.

They won 3 haven't won since 15. Don't know why you want to compare RSHS TO THEM
Getting 2 the dance 2 play....winning a state and a national championship in the last 5yrs counts also. Both are county schools. Richmond cty is also bigger with 45000 while colquitt has 44k. So there's a huge comparison between both.

Getting there and losing means little. Colquitt also boarder Tallahassee FL I'm sure they get players from there two.

Getting there and losing means little. Colquitt also boarder Tallahassee FL I'm sure they get players from there two.
Rockingham to Charlotte is 70 miles. Moultrie to Jacksonville is 140 miles. Also 20 miles to the state line of SC to rockingham. Almost 60 miles from moultrie to the state line of FL.

All I'm saying is look at the 4aa. It's us vs Charlotte or Wake Forest.
Atlanta's metro population is 6 mil. Charlotte metro is 2.5 mil n Raleigh is 1.5. Atlanta metro is 2xs bigger than both NC major city's combined. Yet colquitt is nationally ranked every yr.

I'm far from knocking Richmond I think they will b top 5 this yr. But the numbers excuses of why certain teams were/are better jus doesnt make sense.

Atlanta's metro population is 6 mil. Charlotte metro is 2.5 mil n Raleigh is 1.5. Atlanta metro is 2xs bigger than both NC major city's combined. Yet colquitt is nationally ranked every yr.
Google is good for you. All I said was it's a little harder for use than some. Most if not all of our players was born in the local hospital. I still like our chances.

Google is good for you. All I said was it's a little harder for use than some. Most if not all of our players was born in the local hospital. I still like our chances.
Yall definitely have one thing for sure is one of the best returning QBs in the state. Which can guarantee a great regular season record. Gotta see how things go in December when that ball n ground gets hard n the ball is hard 2 catch (run game and defense).

I'm far from knocking Richmond I think they will b top 5 this yr. But the numbers excuses of why certain teams were/are better jus doesnt make sense.
Myers Park beat us last year. How many major D1 players they have? At least 2 former NFL players on the sidelines. It makes a difference.

Myers Park beat us last year. How many major D1 players they have? At least 2 former NFL players on the sidelines. It makes a difference.
Look at that conference look at MP...besides butler who scares u?? Hickory ridge n SM jus fired their coaches...garinger?? MP exposed at something last yr that I pointed out..U CANT WIN IF UR DEFENSE CANT STOP ANYBODY. Giving up 50 2 wake was a tell sign. All I'm saying is population isnt a reason 2 say why certain teams r good that's all.

Last edited:

The pass defense was the main reason MP beat Richmond last year. Former NFL guys on the sideline had little to nothing to do with it. You should have seen the list of Power 5 guys playing for Providence Day private. They couldn't break 500. You still gotta coach.

The pass defense was the main reason MP beat Richmond last year. Former NFL guys on the sideline had little to nothing to do with it. You should have seen the list of Power 5 guys playing for Providence Day private. They couldn't break 500. You still gotta coach.
Matter of fact one of their power 5 commits (providence day) transferred over to MP....irony

No. Thomas and Grady counties separate Colquitt from the Florida border. Tallahassee is close to 1.5 hours drive time.

Getting there and losing means little.

Better than losing before making it to the title game. They were blown out in 2016 by a powerhouse and lost by two and one in the last two title games.

I feel pretty confident that losing to Myers Park meant little last season. Every extra game is an extra week of practice!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT