ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond County 100% Club

What a whiny little fan base...SMH. We dont have transfers, we dont have a big enough population....blah, blah, blah. Good message to send the kids.

Guys this is where population matters and it is not at schools (Meck county has folks moving in every day so the pool is always growing) RC has no one moving there because of limited opportunities. The school population is insignificant its the pool of players in a market and the choices parents have for education,sports and jobs and that makes MC and other locations so attractive. No different than Wake Forest people are moving there like crazy and its because of jobs, great neighborhoods and schools. With that comes some good athletes and the tradition matters. I think its great and if a parent moves into a different zone and its legal so be it! Sucker it up Buttercups and play ball. RC and SC should be the last ones to make excuses. RC one of the greatest programs and ever in the state and SC has been rolling and just has had some things happen to keep them from a few more rings. One being better teams and some injuries.

This is an interesting argument, people must dont know about ridge road and how MC's jv went undefeated how many yrs now? When u have players that is groomed in the same system from junior high 2 senior yr makes a big difference. We've been successful the last few yrs with transfers...when getting basically on the job training u get sparatic play compared 2 a kid that's been raised in the same system since 12-13. I'm far from a MC fan but I respect their program and I use them as example when I talk n teach the kids I interact with. And were focusing more on developing our jv kids as u will see our team this yr will b better...hopefully.

Guys this is where population matters and it is not at schools (Meck county has folks moving in every day so the pool is always growing) RC has no one moving there because of limited opportunities. The school population is insignificant its the pool of players in a market and the choices parents have for education,sports and jobs and that makes MC and other locations so attractive. No different than Wake Forest people are moving there like crazy and its because of jobs, great neighborhoods and schools. With that comes some good athletes and the tradition matters. I think its great and if a parent moves into a different zone and its legal so be it! Sucker it up Buttercups and play ball. RC and SC should be the last ones to make excuses. RC one of the greatest programs and ever in the state and SC has been rolling and just has had some things happen to keep them from a few more rings. One being better teams and some injuries.
Explain Colquitt cty to me then...their county has less than 40k..and they've been one of the best in the nation last 5yrs. Valdosta is titletown....have u been 2 valdosta? Def not a major metro pop area. So if numbers matters why they have so much success? Nyc is the largest city in America....name a nyc football power?....Chicago football power?.....were talking numbers right?

Explain Colquitt cty to me then...their county has less than 40k..and they've been one of the best in the nation last 5yrs. Valdosta is titletown....have u been 2 valdosta? Def not a major metro pop area. So if numbers matters why they have so much success? Nyc is the largest city in America....name a nyc football power?....Chicago football power?.....were talking numbers right?
Easy to explain its also called emphasis and tradition everyone knows that football is King in the South - your argument goes South when you bring in NYC and Chicago they don't put a 1/4 of the emphasis and resources into Football as schools in the South. Hell most of those places share fields with 10 other school lol. Have you ever been to one of those PS schools in NYC (in the words of 45 - well you know) ? So i will add emphasis and the South especially NC since that is the subject I thought but anyway nothing is 100% except DEATH!

Somebody please explain why Colquitt County population of 45,835 does not have a problem spanking schools in Atlanta that consist of 9 counties Fulton, DeKalb, Gwinnett, Cobb, Clayton, Coweta, Douglas, Fayette, and Henry. Yet Richmond County who also has a football tradition with population 46,639 all of sudden is competing against numbers in Mecklenburg County. Colquitt County started kicking butt's when Rush Propst showed up. (COACHING)

Mallard Creek had 38 9th graders tryout for Football. Numbers are irrelevant if they're not coming out to play, which the numbers are down in comparison.. Nobody ever talks about the 20 players that quit or leave the program every year. I can assure you Richmond County doubled MC kids trying out for football, and has more kids trying out than any Mecklenburg County school

Last edited:
Easy to explain its also called emphasis and tradition everyone knows that football is King in the South - your argument goes South when you bring in NYC and Chicago they don't put a 1/4 of the emphasis and resources into Football as schools in the South. Hell most of those places share fields with 10 other school lol. Have you ever been to one of those PS schools in NYC (in the words of 45 - well you know) ? So i will add emphasis and the South especially NC since that is the subject I thought but anyway nothing is 100% except DEATH!
No it proves what we all been trying 2 say...yes pop helps but being a true program and creating a culture along with great coaching trumps numbers....look at wake cty schools....besides wake n heritage and sometimes millbrook more teams would b better. Get the right principal...AD, coach, coaching staff n success will follow.

Reactions: nepsy7
Snappy comeback! You about as bad as nipsy7

You guys sound just like Wake county fans 5-6 years ago. A million reasons why they couldnt win a title. Everything from Meck cheats to the Wake county emphasis on soccer....LMAO. All of a sudden Lucas and Wake Forest figured it out. Did they stop playing soccer in Wake county??? Nope...they just got better.

Here is the deal... Transfers dont make the program. The program makes the transfers. I assure you if Richmond started churning out titles and D1 kids the families from neighboring communities would come running.

Richmond doesnt have a population issue. They have a poor tackling and lack of committment in the weight room problem. They have been awful in that area for years. How many kids do you think North Meck had transfer in last year? If you move to Meck county how many families picked the North Meck district? How bout ZERO.

Stop making excuses and just get better.

Weight room? Trust we are in the weight room year around been that way for years. Read the Charlotte observer where it says Tommy Knott came to Richmond and watched how us and Darrel Barns worked the weight room. Weights not going to make you taller or a alot bigger just stronger.

Lol....Darrel Barnes. When was the last time he coached a game there? Kids spend lots of time in the weight room. Doesnt mean they are doing anything productive. I have heard Till has changed that. Gonna take more than 12 months to pay big dividends and yes, 4 years on a elite stregth and condintioning program can make you MUCH bigger and stronger.

Richmond haa been getting mauled by bigger and stronger teams for many years now.

Colquitt county has won 3 titles 94 14 and 15. But comparing Georgia football to NC football is like comparing filet mignon and chop steak. I'm not making excuses we need to get better I'm just saying it's harder to do when we playing with all home grown players and we are pretty much the only school that's competing against the city schools that has players moving in all the time.

Weight not gonna to make a 5'10 lineman a 6'3 I don't care how hard they lift. If he a 250 pound lineman maybe he can can gain 15 pounds still not enough to handle some of the big boys the just so happen to live in certain school district

Colquitt county has won 3 titles 94 14 and 15. But comparing Georgia football to NC football is like comparing filet mignon and chop steak. I'm not making excuses we need to get better I'm just saying it's harder to do when we playing with all home grown players and we are pretty much the only school that's competing against the city schools that has players moving in all the time.

I'm comparing Colquitt County home grown who was a 500 ball club until Rush Propst arrived. Coaching will smash the population argument, and they've proved it.

You guys are in fantasy land with this " move in " theory. The fastest growing area of Charlotte the past 7-10 years has been South Charlotte. South Meck and Ardrey Kell havent sniffed the 3rd round of the playoffs.

Ever been to the Harding area? How many families do you envision go house hunting for a new crib there? Somehow they managed to win a title.

Weight not gonna to make a 5'10 lineman a 6'3 I don't care how hard they lift. If he a 250 pound lineman maybe he can can gain 15 pounds still not enough to handle some of the big boys the just so happen to live in certain school district

Richmond county players that scrimmaged against EF was more of the 6'2 & 6'3" guys. So what gives? Where they hiding the 5'10 lineman?

Last edited:
So all of the creeks butler Vance back in the day the big I players was born and raised in that school district? I doubt 60% of them was.

South Meck had an enrollment of 2,917 with a roster of less than 40 players. They were 2-11 last year. Ardrey Kell enrollment was 2,876 a roster of 112, they were 3-9 last year. The population argument is not working.

So all of the creeks butler Vance back in the day the big I players was born and raised in that school district? I doubt 60% of them was.

Creek was not around back in the day. I coached at the feeder program for Vance, James Martin Middle. They went undefeated for 9 years in a row, i coached 6 of those years.. 95% of those kids went to Vance. Vance started winning when they got a Coach. Butler kids back in the day all lived in the same district and played youth league together and went on to Butler. I was not around during the Indy days, but the same Coach is winning all over again at Dutch Fork. Is that a coincidence or coaching?

Last edited:

You should only comment on what you know. I cant speak to any team other than MC. 90-95% of the kids are from the middle school system. They get 5-7 move in transfers a year. They get about that amount that move out. Nobody ever talks about the kids that transfer out.

You guys are in fantasy land with this " move in " theory. The fastest growing area of Charlotte the past 7-10 years has been South Charlotte. South Meck and Ardrey Kell havent sniffed the 3rd round of the playoffs.

Ever been to the Harding area? How many families do you envision go house hunting for a new crib there? Somehow they managed to win a title.
B & G now you know better once in a while you can catch lightning in a bottle once hoss leaves Harding will probably never be heard of again. You guys are the best in the state no matter what the reason can we move on. The rest of us are just fortunate enough to be asked to play a few games against you guys.

B & G now you know better once in a while you can catch lightning in a bottle once hoss leaves Harding will probably never be heard of again. You guys are the best in the state no matter what the reason can we move on. The rest of us are just fortunate enough to be asked to play a few games against you guys.

Kid is still there. Doubt they come close this year. That was a very well coached team with 5 D1 kids on it. Gwynn the big OL walked into South Carolina and threw up a 500lb bench press. Pressing the starting OL right now.

My point though is they get zero kids transferring in and still won.

Kid is still there. Doubt they come close this year. That was a very well coached team with 5 D1 kids on it. Gwynn the big OL walked into South Carolina and threw up a 500lb bench press. Pressing the starting OL right now.

My point though is they get zero kids transferring in and still won.
Again thats 4a. Population doesn't mean as much. If 34 plays that game it's not even a close game.

okay RECRUITING----- as N's high school football-- lets go back whens all of this Started back in times.
year 2000
indy--butler- mallard creek -Richmond county -Scotland- and D'd rest of past 4a-4aa
question is -how many families r still living in that school district that there kids play football 4 them teams.that won championships in football them years. that really should help that question about that 'Recruiting' word......

0. But with 34 last year they win. With ]
0. But with 34 last year they win. With better coaching they win.

So they had him for 3 years. Couldnt win a title. BUT...last year would have been different if they had him...Solid logic.

Its a shame Zamir got hurt as he is a generational player but injuries happen. MC played the title game last year without 2 of their 3 best defensive players and their best WR. Ya know what you never hear a Creek guy say? " If we would have had those guys we win". You know why? Because you play with who you got and on that day Wake Forest was better. PERIOD.

Its called class and respect. Woulda, Coulda is for losers. Just like...." we cant win a title because of the population". LMAO

You can read? I never said coaching doesn't matter. You and nebsy only want to focus on one statement. When you have good coaching and what seems to be a unlimted amount of talent to choose from its hard for the only "rural" high school in 4aa to win it all. I'm not going to say it can't happen just sayin it's more difficult.

You can read? I never said coaching doesn't matter. You and nebsy only want to focus on one statement. When you have good coaching and what seems to be a unlimted amount of talent to choose from its hard for the only "rural" high school in 4aa to win it all. I'm not going to say it can't happen just sayin it's more difficult.

Numbers and Recourses only carry you so far... trust me Mooresville is a great example of that. We have great facilities, great boosters, and a pretty dang high ADM that’s still growing... but If that demanding culture isn’t in place, then programs won’t be able to sustain that level success. We will occasionally have the good year of success, followed up by a 1st round playoff exit. Creek has built a culture of practicing at an intensity that physically prepares players for the next level, and not just to be ready for a particular game. They have some of the most intense competitive practices that’s ive personally ever seen at this level. And they practice their JV just as hard as their varsity... and people wonder why they haven’t lost in like 5 years on JV. The fact we even gave em a game I still find amazing. Personally, while we take our lumps to programs like Mallard Creek Vance and occasionally Hough, i wouldn’t trade being in a conference with them for being in any other conference. Playing teams of that caliber helps us grow our program.

Last edited:
Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Or you can get the express package starter kit. Get one of your coaches to start a 7v7 team that compete's in SC & NC and out recruit UNC Charlotte like Hough. They have an onsite real estate agent. Offering free housing with lake front properties and promise everyone on the team a scholarship. Fire your head coach for no reason, because he won't play along with your shenanigan's. Replace the kids who live in the area with a bunch of new guys from all over. Call yourself DB university while getting torched by every program in the conference who can throw a forward pass. Build up this false bravado like you've been a contender for years by calling MC your rival, with a 1-10 record against them. Go on tour bad mouthing to parents every program in the conference not named Hough. Start a silly social media page speaking of family and tradition, while screwing 85% of the kids that have been with the program since the beginning. THE TRUTH!

When you play Hough, you're playing 71st, Mooresville, Jack Britt, Mallard Creek, Newton Conover, Charlotte Catholic, North Meck, East Lincoln, Ardrey Kell, Nations Ford, Lake Norman, Davidson Day and a host of other schools...LMAO!

Last edited:
Or you can get the express package starter kit. Get one of your coaches to start a 7v7 team that compete's in SC & NC and out recruit UNC Charlotte like Hough. They have an onsite real estate agent. Offering free housing with lake front properties and promise everyone on the team a scholarship. Fire your head coach for no reason, because he won't play along with your shenanigan's. Replace the kids who live in the area with a bunch of new guys from all over. Call yourself DB university while getting torched by every program in the conference who can throw a forward pass. Build up this false bravado like you've been a contender for years by calling MC your rival, with a 1-10 record against them. Go on tour bad mouthing to parents every program in the conference not named Hough. Start a silly social media page speaking of family and tradition, while screwing 85% of the kids that have been with the program since the beginning. THE TRUTH!

When you play Hough, you're playing 71st, Mooresville, Jack Britt, Mallard Creek, Newton Conover, Charlotte Catholic, North Meck, East Lincoln, Ardrey Kell, Nations Ford, Lake Norman, Davidson Day and a host of other schools...LMAO!
Wheeewwww Weee.....I hear you Nepsy7...lol. Haven't won anything but now they are a power house. It's all good on paper but the rubber meets the road on Friday Nights.

Nepsy.....tell em how u really feel son!!!! I can hear the church organ play during that whole post lol

Richmond, Scotland, Pinecrest, 71st, Jack Britt, not necessarily in that order, but that is a strong conference.

Go Raiders!!! Dontcha just love it... Good coaches get it done... it's a whole different game in 10 weeks... Good teams andcoaches develope...GO RAIDERS...

Hot told mighty knows
So I cant even take a break, eat my grits, or take my youngens to my secret island that I purchased 5-yeer Go. My phone has been hotter than a mexican jalapeno these past 4 days about where I am, whats I doing, and/or when is I returning and mess. Anyhow, I come up on here and I see people talking about people, veterans talking about coaches, and body blows all over the durn place. Sounds like everyone has been ah-dranking. QUIT!!!!!!

On my way back home I decided to stop at a secluded area and ran into some cool looking cars. But one in particular stood out the most. Now I thought Scotland had the money with that durn scary Jumbotron but wow, Richmond is banking on the racetrack

Dont blow my phone up nor ax who the driver is cause ima not telling you

NZoGIBm.jpg

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Hot told mighty knows
So I cant even take a break, eat my grits, or take my youngens to my secret island that I purchased 5-yeer Go. My phone has been hotter than a mexican jalapeno these past 4 days about where I am, whats I doing, and/or when is I returning and mess. Anyhow, I come up on here and I see people talking about people, veterans talking about coaches, and body blows all over the durn place. Sounds like everyone has been ah-dranking. QUIT!!!!!!

On my way back home I decided to stop at a secluded area and ran into some cool looking cars. But one in particular stood out the most. Now I thought Scotland had the money with that durn scary Jumbotron but wow, Richmond is banking on the racetrack

Dont blow my phone up nor ax who the driver is cause ima not telling you

NZoGIBm.jpg
Iracing league! Google it..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT