ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond at Cardinal Gibbons

I was only aware of this year and 2012. What year were the losses to Page and NW Guilford and were those losses in the east region?

Richmond's a totally different team with Hood @QB. i don't know what they lost on the defensive side. I pick them to win it all before his exit. You can never count out the Scot's. I've seen them go all the way to the State Championship game, with a lack of depth team. Both teams, have great young talent.
The Scots will always be good however now in 3a they will have to deal with the weddington Charlotte catholic Dudley just to name a few.
Do any of the Richmond fans think Hood can really have a big suprising breakout at UNC as a true freshman RB? I ask knowing that he is capable down the line but as a UNC fan I would love nothing more than to see him do it as a freshman seeing as how much we lost at the RB position.

Do any of the Richmond fans think Hood can really have a big suprising breakout at UNC as a true freshman RB? I ask knowing that he is capable down the line but as a UNC fan I would love nothing more than to see him do it as a freshman seeing as how much we lost at the RB position.
We’ll start to see at 3 this afternoon.

Yep I have to give it up for Wake county, long time a joke in football. Wake Forest broke through to establish themselves. Gibbons making good runs over the last few years and now Rolesville. They have clearly passed Fayetteville in the east and Raleigh teams have had success over Richmond as well and Scotland in recent years playoffs and regular season, although a fairly small sample size over Richmond and Scotland.
Yep and Panther Creek nearly pulled off an upset at Myers Park

Butler/Catholic will be in the same conference. I think they have only played once back in the late 90s.

Also right next to Wake County you have Clayton and Cleveland both advancing to play each other in the 3AA finals. I think Cleveland has the best RB in the state in Omarion Hampton but he has been out with an injury since early this year. They havent lost despite his absence and beat a pretty good 4A team in South View early in the year non conference.

Scrap the signs call the plays! Stop letting talent stand on sidelines. Geez come on TK doesn’t hope for a good season he makes one happen.

To be honest if Caleb is playing I think we win. We had a QB that hasn't played QB in 2 years with only 5 games under his belt. When the pressure was on in the 2nd half the inexperience showed. Holding the ball to long taking sacks throwing picks.

To be honest if Caleb is playing I think we win. We had a QB that hasn't played QB in 2 years with only 5 games under his belt. When the pressure was on in the 2nd half the inexperience showed. Holding the ball to long taking sacks throwing picks.
He’ll benefit from his first true offseason as QB.

Curious what you thought of CG. Is their pass rush dominant? Did the QB run it at all? Interested to hear any thoughts from Raider fans.

Same could be said about dozens of teams this year.

Pass rush was good. QB is left handed really accurate but slow. #2 is there play maker. QB got a couple of good runs because we sold out to stop 2.
Also #2 will come in and play qb he can run it and can throw it defense is good and the offence has multiple formations good team great coaching.

Good points but also waiting to late on play clock to get the play in and running up the middle every play with a small fast back defense was not concerned at all with our passing. Got to at least try to throw ball over the top to loosen the d up and we had to burners in #1 and #2 no play calls to get them the ball on the perimeter or deep or in space.

Good points but also waiting to late on play clock to get the play in and running up the middle every play with a small fast back defense was not concerned at all with our passing. Got to at least try to throw ball over the top to loosen the d up and we had to burners in #1 and #2 no play calls to get them the ball on the perimeter or deep or in space.
Also we didn't send no blitzes to hit their 6ft 6 qb didn't get touch all night jersy was nice and clean.

I heard Richmond will get CG or Rolesville next year so there will be another chance. Those CG secondary players were freshmen and sophomores when Caleb played them in 2019. Many playing their first varsity game. They are mostly juniors just like number 7. So we’ll see next year. I am 90% sure #2 for Gibbons is a sophomore so he will speed up. My son finished WF but my neighbors son is at Gobbons and I coached a lot of Rolesville and watched them grow up. I think only 2 of the receivers are seniors and maybe one OL so that was a young Gobbons team playing a young Richmond team. Rolesville is young too Thier QB is only a junior and they are mostly Juniors as well. Going to be fun watching the excuses for why the East wins games against the “west” in 4A. Panther Creek was a surprise but Apex Friendship’s loaded and has been steadily coming up over the last 4 years as well.

I heard Richmond will get CG or Rolesville next year so there will be another chance. Those CG secondary players were freshmen and sophomores when Caleb played them in 2019. Many playing their first varsity game. They are mostly juniors just like number 7. So we’ll see next year. I am 90% sure #2 for Gibbons is a sophomore so he will speed up. My son finished WF but my neighbors son is at Gobbons and I coached a lot of Rolesville and watched them grow up. I think only 2 of the receivers are seniors and maybe one OL so that was a young Gobbons team playing a young Richmond team. Rolesville is young too Thier QB is only a junior and they are mostly Juniors as well. Going to be fun watching the excuses for why the East wins games against the “west” in 4A. Panther Creek was a surprise but Apex Friendship’s loaded and has been steadily coming up over the last 4 years as well.
Wake Forest is the only Team out of the East that's won any big games worth mentioning, and it took them 3 to 4 State Championship appearances before they broke through. What fun and excuses are you expecting?

Is Apex Friendship the same as Apex or are they two different High Schools? Im only old school and remember only Apex High School.

Good question! Apex and Apex Friendship good examples of Triangle football struggles due to ADM. Apex Friendship is probably 7 years old? About the same age a little younger than Rolesville. No Cooncidence WF declined with opening of ROLESVILLE and spilt of WF-Rolesville, heritage was a small sapped from Wakefield.... those 4 - 4Ahigh schools are bike rides from each other (if not for traffic) remember they were good too. Garner has lost to the opening of South Garner about 3 years back. Middle Creek was on the rise until the unopened Green Level (?) this year and Willow Springs will open next year.... all 4A. The talent is just spread thin. ADM is often reflected i. Participation and definitely in the talent pool. Wake has several schools currently 4A around 2k or less.

i dont know if its true or not but i heard that richmond got mallard creek on the fall schedule

Mallard Creek scheduled Gaffney as well? That is a killer schedule
Creek traveled to Gaffney the year before Covid. They already had this game on the books. Home at home.

Last edited:
Never gonna happen ! Richmond is to hard headed. 4 years of qb in shotgun never one time under center. Same stuff different day .

Reactions: Raiders 4 real
Richmond had the goods and the coaches blew it simple as that , the opposing defenses have a lot of time to catch there breath or read what Richmond gonna due while waiting for Richmond to get a play in . Those signs have never worked and never will . Get back to football.

Reactions: Raiders 4 real
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT