ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond at Cardinal Gibbons

rcoraider98

Sep 10, 2013
2019 we won fairly easy but this ain't 2019. Raiders looked pretty good last night and should get stronger the more games we play. Gibbons only selling 250 tickets for Raider fans which I think is just wrong. I see Richmond winning in a closer game than last time.

Looked good but truth is.... Gibbons may be private but it is in Wake County. Nothing comparable to the Charlotte areas comes out of there in terms of talent or speed. We will see the truth. Richmond has an easy path to the Championship with Scotland out of it. Richmond 42 Gibbons 14. I gave Gibbons an extra score for being home.

• Haha
Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
Looked good but truth is.... Gibbons may be private but it is in Wake County. Nothing comparable to the Charlotte areas comes out of there in terms of talent or speed. We will see the truth. Richmond has an easy path to the Championship with Scotland out of it. Richmond 42 Gibbons 14. I gave Gibbons an extra score for being home.
CG is legit, they can play with anyone. RC gave up 27 to MC and you think they will hold this team to 14. Good luck with that. I think RC will win but this will be a tight game.

CG is legit, they can play with anyone. RC gave up 27 to MC and you think they will hold this team to 14. Good luck with that. I think RC will win but this will be a tight game.
DaMouth was in the house... Richmond gave up 2 TD’s while second and 3rd team defense was in the game in final minutes. Game was long out of reach for Creek by then. We know what CG has. The pleasure been all yours..

So true mouth of the south 37 to 7 while starters were in on d portcity rosville is for real the wide outs and QB are real deal.

Reactions: Ukcatz92
DaMouth has heard that Gibbons only allowing 250 tickets to be sold to Richmond fans. Anyone else heard?

I read something about this on another forum. Sounds like Wake County limits crowd size. I don’t think they have capacity of Pinecest o RC

Reactions: RD28327
Yea I know it is unfortunate that it is this way. Rolesville stadium is not that big Wake County dropped the ball on that when they built the school

Cardinal Gibbons is well coached bunch and they execute their offense very well. Raiders looked lost on offense. Scored 1 TD on the night. Young Hood looked lost and the OC was determined on running the ball up the middle and it wasn’t successful although he kept doing it.

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
congratulations gibbons great game well coached great play calling mixing it up and # 2 is great player the young QB has a bright future mouth of south all your points are true.

Reactions: crusaders13
Like I replied in the other thread, the favorite is at the top of the bracket, it most definitely showed up, All this love for Richmond and absolutely nothing really showed on the field this year, and OT win
over Pinecrest giving up 35. No doubt the lack of games played on the field had some responsibility in this, or maybe Richmond was like fake news,.. fake good...RCO what excuse for this.. No need to bash Scotland as an answer, no doubt how good the Scots wont this year,

Like I replied in the other thread, the favorite is at the top of the bracket, it most definitely showed up, All this love for Richmond and absolutely nothing really showed on the field this year, and OT win
over Pinecrest giving up 35. No doubt the lack of games played on the field had some responsibility in this, or maybe Richmond was like fake news,.. fake good...RCO what excuse for this.. No need to bash Scotland as an answer, no doubt how good the Scots wont this year,
The better team won just like last week when New Bern smacked the skirts in the mouth. Why you keep bringing up the Pinecrest game when y'all lost to them and we won? Wish we would be able to play more games and I wish we would have won this one. Who did the skirts play tonight in the 2nd round? Nobody because you got blew out last week. She you in November

Don't think there was anything fake about the Raiders. The accolades and hype were based on projections of a normal football season. The talent and size were there for a deep run but some key pieces were missing experience and the time to gel together. You hit the nail on the head, "lack of games played" was the single greatest factor IMHO. Their quarantine came at the absolute worst time the 2 weeks before the playoffs. As far as nothing to show.....well except for another conference championship ...... you're right.

Game was not as close as the 28-14 score. 21-0 through most of first half Gibbons takes first three drives to the end zone maybe one punt. 2 or 3 mins left in half Richmond fumbles forward on a screen and another player runs it in almost like a forward pitch. I didn’t think that was legal but that was the first score. Second half Richmond scores, on a short field after Gibbons fumble maybe int. Defensively Gibbons shutdown Richmond after that. Cardinal gibbons had a touchdown called back for aiding the runner in the third on 2nd and goal from 2 that would have been 28. Never seen that call on run up the before either. 4thQ gibbons running. Back looks to be in, but after conference fumble in the end zone.... Richmond ball. Gibbons holds, drives the field and scores on 4th and 5 from about 20. 28-14 2mins left Richmond gets to about their own 45 and another defensive stop-int game over. A lot of clean big hits. Speed all over both sides. My hometown WF won, Rolesvillle won... wake is here. Skipped WF game to see this one. Great games

Last edited:
Reactions: crusaders13
Yep I have to give it up for Wake county, long time a joke in football. Wake Forest broke through to establish themselves. Gibbons making good runs over the last few years and now Rolesville. They have clearly passed Fayetteville in the east and Raleigh teams have had success over Richmond as well and Scotland in recent years playoffs and regular season, although a fairly small sample size over Richmond and Scotland.

I think Scotland will benefit from going 3A. They’ve had 3A ADMs for awhile now, but it’s definitely noticeable on the field now.

It hurts me to say this I just don't know if my raiders or the scots will get it done again. I would love to see coach bailey and coach till get that ring however no one is moving to rockingham or laurinburg Charlotte and Raleigh will continue to grow and thrive. My raiders had the talent and the size and speed this spring and in the small 4a east I know not having the time and games to gel played a part however we got to get the plays in and stop looking to sideline while clock running down and running a fast small skilled back up the middle every play not one deep ball to 6ft 4 stroman and dbs still not looking back for the ball.

Richmond fans have been making the point and probably rightly so that if they could be seeded in the east they would likely have more state titles or at least more title appearances. I dont blame them for that as I tend to agree with them. The west seems to be the gauntlet over the last 20 years. However the 2 times I can remember Richmond getting placed in the east, this year and in 2012, they came up short in the east.

It hurts me to say this I just don't know if my raiders or the scots will get it done again. I would love to see coach bailey and coach till get that ring however no one is moving to rockingham or laurinburg Charlotte and Raleigh will continue to grow and thrive. My raiders had the talent and the size and speed this spring and in the small 4a east I know not having the time and games to gel played a part however we got to get the plays in and stop looking to sideline while clock running down and running a fast small skilled back up the middle every play not one deep ball to 6ft 4 stroman and dbs still not looking back for the ball.
Richmond's a totally different team with Hood @QB. i don't know what they lost on the defensive side. I pick them to win it all before his exit. You can never count out the Scot's. I've seen them go all the way to the State Championship game, with a lack of depth team. Both teams, have great young talent.

Reactions: mrhonda
Came up short several times in the east to good teams at the time page got us in Greensboro garner got us the year there stadium was getting worked on britt got us in 2012 a thriller at raider stadium and northwest guilford twice in separate years.

Do any of the Richmond fans think Hood can really have a big suprising breakout at UNC as a true freshman RB? I ask knowing that he is capable down the line but as a UNC fan I would love nothing more than to see him do it as a freshman seeing as how much we lost at the RB position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT