ADVERTISEMENT

Reopening Schools (A, B or C) Which one will Gov Cooper select?

tdl6242

Dec 5, 2006
Which one do you think the Governor will select today @3pm

A: In Person with safety measures

B: Half-Capacity (mix of remote & in person)

C: Remote only

Last edited:
Which one do you think the Governor will select today @3pm

A: In Person with safety measures

B: Half-Capacity (mix of remote & in person)

C: Remote only
B with school systems having the option of C.

Don't get too excited Guilford County School superintendent has already came out saying and I quote

"Absolutely not in favor of returning to in person learning on Aug.17th"

Governor Roy Cooper basically took all the decision making off his on shoulders and passed it down to the counties. He basically gave a recommendation of what play to call with the game on the line instead of making the call. Very weak

Last edited:
If I had a Middle / HS kid I would opt for Option C Online classes but enable the kids to participate in athletics. It would be less time in the actual school building and still give kids access to the activity and Coaches/mentors. Kids have been doing distanced based learning for years now and College even when on campus has online classes as well its not a foreign concept. K-5 is a whole other issue which will be based on child care and supervision needed. We are in uncharted territory

Reactions: do_you_tell
For now, yes. Give it time though, they’ll find a way to justify getting to Plan-C. Watch ...

Its plan B for 2 weeks and then C until further notice. 2020 is effectively cancelled. At some point they need to tell everyone what they already know......

Plan C makes the most sense for safety reasons. No reason why kids couldn’t play sports on plan C. Much easier to minimize the exposure when managing smaller numbers of people like an athletic team.

This might upset some but alot of teachers that dont coach are up in arms screaming C is the only option. Most don't want to come back to the class room because They are collecting a full salary working half the time.

Meanwhile parents who work full time now have to lose more work to teach their children. If a teacher refuses to come back because they're afraid they should be able to load lessons online (I refuse to call that teaching) for their students and they should have to also take a 25% pay cut.

The only ones I see wanting to return are the coaches. I also keep seeing teachers complain saying they just want to play football. No, unlike most of these 9 to 3pm regular teachers these coaches have relationships with their players.

This might upset some but alot of teachers that dont coach are up in arms screaming C is the only option. Most don't want to come back to the class room because They are collecting a full salary working half the time.

Meanwhile parents who work full time now have to lose more work to teach their children. If a teacher refuses to come back because they're afraid they should be able to load lessons online (I refuse to call that teaching) for their students and they should have to also take a 25% pay cut.

The only ones I see wanting to return are the coaches. I also keep seeing teachers complain saying they just want to play football. No, unlike most of these 9 to 3pm regular teachers these coaches have relationships with their players.
Teachers are already underpaid. Why should they be punished? They’re basically being used as an experiment for the unknown. Working remotely does not mean, you’re working half the time.

Last edited:
Teachers are already underpaid. Why should they be punished? They’re basically being used as an experiment for the unknown. Working remotely does not mean, you’re working half the time.
Nepsy I'm with you. My mom and dad taught for 30 years and if anyone on this board that is older than 40 (that went to Scotland) will tell you that they poured everything they had into a job that at the peak paid my old man 52K a year. Like with any walk of life there are some good ones and some bad ones. My oldest kid has taken numerous online courses and I can tell you that the work demand is more than in class. Granted he is not taking SEE SPOT RUN! He gets a week worth of assignments that he has to review videos prepared by the teacher and do research and then submit on a particular day. The teacher has office hours like a professor and makes herself available for students if they need help outside of those hours. This particular teacher provides way more feedback to parents than his normal school. Every assignment is graded we get a notification. Teachers catch enough shit - if any of them don't feel comfortable going into the class then that is their right. The hvac in some of these schools is absolutely pathetic. In the last 3 weeks I have indirectly or directly known someone to past due to Covid. This is a personal decision for teachers, staff and parents. We can all sit back and say this and that but no politician is going to dictate what I do with my child and I'm sure teachers feel the same. If I'm comfortable I will send my two back and if not their hind parts will be sitting at home doing online until the conditions are right.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT