ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville S Granville ending

One Granville fan showed poor judgement. One Reidsville fan showed poor judgement. Then all hell broke loose.

best I could see in available videos, no player involvement.

Would be fun if you guys could sneak out the win in the last 19 seconds and us both win regionals.

Now tell me how Reidsville is in the east when they were in the west in the football bracket?

One Granville fan showed poor judgement. One Reidsville fan showed poor judgement. Then all hell broke loose.

best I could see in available videos, no player involvement.
Best description I've seen yet. Two people are to blame. Really dumb on both parties.
For some

Reactions: tarheelg
Will the game be finished? I’m confused. I’m seeing some post that say it won’t and some that it will.

Would be fun if you guys could sneak out the win in the last 19 seconds and us both win regionals.

Now tell me how Reidsville is in the east when they were in the west in the football bracket?
lol....good question...go ask the NCHSAA.....2003 Reidsville won the 2A basketball championship coming out of the West.................................

More 2A schools in the West met the playoff criteria than teams in the east therefore based on geography location Reidsville was moved to the east bracket.

lol....good question...go ask the NCHSAA.....2003 Reidsville won the 2A basketball championship coming out of the West.................................

in 2002, won football out of the East, then in same school year won basketball from west.

Interesting that Reidsville won basketball titles in four different classes:
Open in 1924
4A in 1973
3A in 1994
2A in 2003

Also won Western Regional in 2003 and Eastern Regional in 1994

In sum, Reidsville has been all over the map.

Just saw this on Reidsville basketball facebook page:
ACCESS DENIED!! Reidsville Radio Network was told moments ago that NO MEDIA would be allowed tonight per the NCHSAA....

Are there not freedom of the press laws?

NCHSAA has already broken their own stipulation for hosting of playoffs and championships ... which says:
In order to host NCHSAA Playoffs in any sport, member schools facilities must:
8. During the playoffs, the NCHSAA has the right to require host teams to find an adequate facility based on expected attendance or quality of venue.
Each school sold its 200 allotted tickets quickly and then there was a huge line to get the other 200 for the 600-seat gym.
Now they are tinkering with freedom of the press. Hope that can't be true.
SAD
https://www.nchsaa.org/sites/default/files/attachments/2.2.3 Facilities.pdf

Last edited:
Rams came from down 15 points to take a 4 point lead early in the 4th qtr. When game resumes in near total secrecy, Reidsville has the ball with 19 seconds left in game and Rams are trailing by 6 points.

It has yet to be determined by the NCHSAA when, or if, public will ever be allowed to know what happened when the game resumes.:(:(:(:(

600 person gym? Dang that's small for any size high school. Sounds like the county needs to step up for a larger facility. Especially if a team is good at basketball, girls or boys, a larger facility would make more sense.

This from Reidsville facebook

72-69 South Granville wins!! Carter Wilson with the three, Pettiford misses one and one, Auldon Edwards misses three a the buzzer!! It bounced off the rim...Video to come!!

Two fans have been charged by police for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

The guy that ran around the court and waved the sign in front of the Reidsville players starting the whole mess.

Read details on WRAL.com

Last edited:
Two fans have been charged by police for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Tyrell Thorpe, 20, of Creedmoor, and Bria Pass, 26, of Reidsville.

Thorpe was the guy that ran around the court and waved the sign in front of the Reidsville players starting the whole mess.

Read details on WRAL.com

What did the sign say??

Has TarheelG even weighed in on this?

I've met him a couple of times. He is a really nice guy that works at South Granville. He may just want to avoid this. We lost to South Granville last year and I remember they had a kid that could really soar. I talked to tarheelg a little after our game.

How sad this is a post and how sad you dumb***** are defending it. No let’s blame the NCHSA for the stupidity of the stupid.

How sad this is a post and how sad you dumb***** are defending it. No let’s blame the NCHSA for the stupidity of the stupid.

Lets act like the nchsa is always right. Anyway the nchsaa would have made it a forefit if they felt someone did something wrong, they are strict on those matters.

Generally speaking in 2A, the US 220 corridor is the approximate dividing line of the East & West regions.....remember the regions are NOT predetermined, but only decided after seeing which 64 teams qualify for the playoffs, and based on longitude numbers, the 32 easternmost teams go in the east bracket for that sport, that year, and the 32 westernmost teams go in the west bracket that year (football the exception, where the 64 are split into the 32 largest in 2AA, smallest 32 in small 2A, then longitude used to split each group of 32 into 16 east, 16 west)....anybody close to US 220 could go either way....football has been a little different the last few years just because there have been a disproportionate number of big 2AA teams in the western part of the state so some teams you figure for the west bracket have gone east, and the reverse of that in the small 2A bracket....so for the last couple of years, Reidsville has not even close to the cut line of the East/West in small 2A football.....Whiteville has in been in the west bracket a lot, which some people question every year, but it's basic geography...In every sport besides football, Reidsville and anybody else near the Triad could go either way practically every year

NCHSAA has already broken their own stipulation for hosting of playoffs and championships ... which says:
In order to host NCHSAA Playoffs in any sport, member schools facilities must:
8. During the playoffs, the NCHSAA has the right to require host teams to find an adequate facility based on expected attendance or quality of venue.
Each school sold its 200 allotted tickets quickly and then there was a huge line to get the other 200 for the 600-seat gym.
Now they are tinkering with freedom of the press. Hope that can't be true.
SAD
https://www.nchsaa.org/sites/default/files/attachments/2.2.3 Facilities.pdf
I believe I heard that we (SGHS) were allowed to host by selling tickets for general public to watch a live stream of the game on a big screen in the auditorium; pretty sure they sold out as well

Has TarheelG even weighed in on this?
Been busy this week....went to this game and sat courtside and checked my watch late in the 4th quarter thinking it was going to be an early night; it was around 8:15 with only 3-4 minutes to go in 4th quarter, then the game turned into a March Madness style barn burner, where every possession and every pass got critical....got scary (as a partisan SG fan) for a minute as Reidsville chipped away at lead throughout second half, went on something like a 23-12 run in 3rd quarter, started 4th quarter on something like a 14-8 run and led by 3 with 2-3 minutes left, SG buckled down and got some defensive stops, and made some clutch, clutch plays on offense, including Jr. PG Bobby Pettiford hitting back to back 3s, plus sinking two free throws on an 1&1 with less than a minute to go, and an alley-oop to Sr. Kobe Jones to put SG up by 6 with about 0:30 to go....Reidsville next possession was frantic; there was a loose ball that went out of bounds near Reidsville bench area and I never did see which way the ref pointed, but with 0:19.1 to play, one team called a timeout, and that's when the whole situation started that you can read about on highschoolot, abc11, butnercreedmoornews, maybe fox8, etc.....at that point real time, it's still not even 8:30, and I should have left and gone home right then....instead hung around more than an hour hoping they would get the teams back on the floor to finish but it never happened....then was still too sleep deprived or otherwise busy to get on here until Saturday afternoon, after going to SG baseball games on Wednesday and Thursday night and getting to bed much later than usual three nights in a row...after getting to bed a decent hour on Friday, then Saturday morning going to ref church basketball, then watch the kids play church basketball, then going out to lunch and a bunch of grocery shopping, finally got around to checking the boards, hoping the guys can get a win this Saturday, in a game I can't make it to, so I can get to see them one more time NEXT Saturday in my old stomping ground, where I've not visited since that 2005 game against Duke with the Marvin Williams offensive rebound and putback *AND ONE* to win the ACC regular season, on the way to the national championship, know it's going to be tough to beat the Jaguars from Farmville Central

Reactions: recycled2
hey tarheelg if you want to watch the last 19 seconds (played on thursday)...you can go to Reidsville Rams basketball facebook page and watch it....kind of eerie to see no one there and the Rams hit a 3 and little reaction...then Pettiford misses 1 and 1 and Rams throw up a 3 pointer at buzzer that misses....must have been a heck of a game....sorry it had to end the way it did....but evidently the players on both teams had some moments together on Thursday after the finish...glad to see and hear of that///////////////

Wish I could go tonight. My company has a retirement party tonight for a few co-workers that are retiring. Been a tough week as we buried a co-worker that died suddenly and unexpectedly last Saturday morning taking his daughter to a soccor match with his wife. Got sick driving and pulled over throwing up. Nothing anyone could do to save him. Don't ignore warning signs. He was 58.

Wish I could go tonight. My company has a retirement party tonight for a few co-workers that are retiring. Been a tough week as we buried a co-worker that died suddenly and unexpectedly last Saturday morning taking his daughter to a soccor match with his wife. Got sick driving and pulled over throwing up. Nothing anyone could do to save him. Don't ignore warning signs. He was 58.

Sorry for your loss. What did he die from? It's not everyday that you hear someone pull over for throwing up and they pass away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT