ADVERTISEMENT

REIDSVILLE BEATS KINSTON 60-57

Next round (elite 8) will feature two future N.C. State players ... Reidsville's Breon Pass and Farmville's Terquavion Smith, Pass averaging 34 points a game and Smith 25.
Farmville Central is 73-2 the last three seasons with back-to-back state championships. They've blown out almost everybody in their 12-0 season thus far.
Reidsville's only loss was to Greensboro Dudley but they needed overtime to beat Cummings twice.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Farmville's recent history in state championship games:
Farmville 86, Forest Hillls 71 ... Farmville finishes 32-0

Farmville 66, South Granville 63 ... this was regional final and then the state championships were canceled due to the virus pandemic ... Farmville finished 29-2 and were declared co-champs.
Reidsville had lost to South Granville in the regional semifinals.

if you're playing Reidsville...double team Pass and hope the other guys don't shoot well...which they haven't the last couple of games................Breon scored 37 tonite...I think 16 of those came in the 3rd qtr....averaging 34 points per game...................

Last edited:
Farmville Central ended Reidsville's season in a blowout ... a lot of double teams on Breon Pass as the Farmville size caused the Rams all kinds of problems. Shooters were intimidated early on. I don't see anybody standing in Farmville's way for a third straight state title although Hendersonville and North Lincoln from the west bracket could make it interesting. Hendersonville has a couple of high scorers in sophomore Keenan Wilkins (23. 5ppg) and junior Dwight Canady (20. 2).

Looks like rambbq called the scouting report.
I’ve never seen Breon play, but obviously he’s very talented. Noticed he’s listed at 6’0” and 175. Is he strong enough for the ACC physicality, or does he need to bulk up?

Last edited:
Farmville Central ended Reidsville's season in a blowout ... a lot of double teams on Breon Pass as the Farmville size caused the Rams all kinds of problems. Shooters were intimidated early on. I don't see anybody standing in Farmville's way for a third straight state title although Hendersonville and North Lincoln from the west bracket could make it interesting. Hendersonville has a couple of high scorers in sophomore Keenan Wilkins (23. 5ppg) and junior Dwight Canady (20. 2).

Reidsville just didn’t have a 2nd option. Last years team would have been better suited for a game like this. I was surprised that reidsville didn’t have a 2nd option. Would figure with pass senior year it would have been something. Good season nonetheless.

Farmville has a great team ... one round later:
Farmville Central 113, Northeastern 76
--Championship game might be a good one against Hendersonville, but I'm doubting anyone can hang with the Farmville juggernaut .

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT