ADVERTISEMENT

2A Reidsville at Vance County in Sweet 16

TGT

Sep 18, 2001
7 p.m. Saturday in Henderson

Notes:
Records: Reidsville 20-9 overall - co-champs of Mid-State 2-A at 10-2; Vance County 23-5 and co-champs of Northern Carolina 1-A/2-A with Granville Central at 12-2.

ADMs (from football): Reidsville one of the smallest 2-A schools in the state with 708; Vance County was the largest 2-A school in the state last fall with 1437. That came about when Northern Vance and Southern Vance consolidated last year in a cost-cutting move, leaving the NCHSAA's numbers skewed since the conferences and classes are only adjusted every 4 years. Vance County will be 3-A at next realignment.

Road Trip: It's a little less than 2-hour trip according to Googlemaps ... you can either take I-85 or wind your way through the country down 158. It's 87 miles via 158 and 111 miles via 85. But the 158 route is estimated 7 minutes longer.

that is so wrong to have a school with over 1400 students playing a school with just a hair over 700....NCHSAA needs to address this type of stuff....it happens every year in all the sports.......................the schools do have 1 common opponent...the Durham School of the Arts.....both Vance and Reidsville beat them handily..................................

Reactions: ramking2012
I know what you're saying, but it comes down to 5 on 5 at any given time.

Well as a coach who's team lost to VC last night in the 2nd rd I agree that it is wrong. Spring Creek has an enrollment of less than 500.

Extremely athletic accross the board played maybe 10 guys last night. 24 was the best player on the court and the most athletic kid we have seen this year. He shot it well last night also. 23 is a big guard who cam go get his shot over anyone. They ran a 1-3-1 the entire game last night.

Well as a coach who's team lost to VC last night in the 2nd rd I agree that it is wrong. Spring Creek has an enrollment of less than 500.

The NCHSAA has Spring Creek’s ADM at just over 700. Yes... They are still half the size of Vance County... but don’t make it sound worse than it is.

That was 2 years ago when we were 1A we went down the very next season and will be moving back down to 1A when they count again next year I'm sure.

That was 2 years ago when we were 1A we went down the very next season and will be moving back down to 1A when they count again next year I'm sure.

No, that was in 2018-19 when the most current ADM was calculated to determine football playoff divisions.
So that was in the fall.

In 2017, Spring Creek has 680
In 2016, they had 693.

No one knows (not even the NCHSAA) where the cutoff may lie until they decide how they want to break up the 4 classifications. Having over 700 kids will put you in 2A in likely either most probable scenario.

Again it's not accurate which is why we will be independent for football this upcoming season. Those numbers are not accurate

Who at your school is misreporting the numbers? The association doesn’t pull those numbers out of the air.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT