ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville 35, Western Alamance 14

TGT

Sep 18, 2001
HALFTIME

Western Alamance 7 0
Reidsville 7 7

WA - Kaden Wilborn 34 pass from Eric Wagoner (Jacob Carter kick), 4:58 first quarter
R - Shyheim Watlington 4 run (Anthony Franson kick), 2:08 first quarter
R - Queshyne Flippen 43 pass from Al Lee (Franson kick), 11:49 second quarter

Game started 20 minutes late due to rain

R - Jaden McCain 32 pass from Lee (Franson kick), 10:07 third quarter

21-7 ...

Al Lee 9 of 15 for 180 yards

WA - James Newton 7 pass from Wagoner (Carter kick), 6:20 third quarter

Reidsville 21-14

R - Watlington 80 run (Franson kick), 6:06 third quarter

Reidsville ahead 28-14 ... Watlington, the transfer from Danville who is from Reidsville, has 6 carries for 136 yards.

R - Cam Peoples 70 pass from Lee (Franson kick), 2:30 third quarter

Reidsville 35 - 14 ....

Great speed on display by Peoples as he caught a swing pass and dusted the Warrior defense.

FINAL
Western Alamance 7 0 7 0 -- 14
Reidsville 7 7 21 0 -- 35

WA - Kaden Wilborn 34 pass from Eric Wagoner (Jacob Carter kick), 4:58 first quarter
R - Shyheim Watlington 4 run (Anthony Franson kick), 2:08 first quarter
R - Queshyne Flippen 43 pass from Al Lee (Franson kick), 11:49 second quarter
R - Jaden McCain 32 pass from Lee (Franson kick), 10:07 third quarter
WA - James Newton 7 pass from Wagoner (Carter kick), 6:20 third quarter
R - Watlington 80 run (Franson kick), 6:06 third quarter
R - Cam Peoples 70 pass from Lee (Franson kick), 2:30 third quarter

NOTES:
Franson, 5 for 5 in the game, has now made 44 consecutive extra points

Al Lee 10 of 16 for 250 yards …. 0 interceptions, 2 TDs
Cam Peoples 4 catches, 107 yards
Flippen 3 catches 73 yards
Watlington 6 carries, 136 yards.

Reidsville total offense - 472 yards despite 61 in losses

Reactions: UNC91
For a first game against a formidable opponent, I thought the Rams looked great. Too many penalties and a few dropped passes were the main negatives. Also, the Western QB found open receivers all night so that's a concern. Was he that good or were Rams slack on pass coverage.
Positives: great speed and determined running by the skill guys. Great kicking and punting by Franson. And no turnovers.

For a first game against a formidable opponent, I thought the Rams looked great. Too many penalties and a few dropped passes were the main negatives. Also, the Western QB found open receivers all night so that's a concern. Was he that good or were Rams slack on pass coverage.
Positives: great speed and determined running by the skill guys. Great kicking and punting by Franson. no turnovers.

Yeah ,the penalties and the olb pass coverage are the main things that need to be cleaned up. I'm very pleased with the young rams, the ol looked improved as well, good job by coach teague getting them game ready. You can really see when tamir johnson gets back then the olb group will be ready.

Got a tough opponent next week. Its looking like Page maybe the best team we play until playoffs. Western Alamance is a solid team, they should win at least 6 or 7 regular season games.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
RHS freshman DL Jariel Cobb shared team lead in tackles with 6 and had a sack. He's one of the "reloaded" pieces that made some big plays on defense.

Penalties: Reidsville 11 for 100 yards, Western 8 for 49 yards.

Last edited:
When did Reidsville start pulling the Starting QB so early ! He a sophomore playing his first varsity game he needs all the Reps he can get. It wasn’t like the game was 50-0. Should have at least waited until towards the end of the 3rd or beginning of the 4th.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMule and rambbq
When did Reidsville start pulling the Starting QB so early ! He a sophomore playing his first varsity game he needs all the Reps he can get. It wasn’t like the game was 50-0. Should have at least waited until towards the end of the 3rd or beginning of the 4th.

Stan, I was surprised. He pulled everyone on the offense early besides the offensive line, which I can understand the running backs and wr's being pulled. I was surprised though, glad Western didn't get a burst late.

Reactions: Stanimallector
Did anyone besides me get the impression that the players and especially the coach for Western Ala. sorta gave up in the 3rd quarter ?? WA had a short 4th and 3 (that WA was going for) that became a 4th and eight because of a penalty and they punted to Reidsville.....the Rams took it to the house the next play...game over and WA was done...............................

Reactions: Rammer16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT