ADVERTISEMENT

Record Playoff Win WV

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
I know this isn't North Carolina, but I'm just sharing an interesting story. In the WV AAA playoffs this afternoon, three time defending champion Martinsburg defeated Preston 84-0. 56 points were scored in the first quarter. It was 84-0 at the half. Martinsburg extended their winning streak to 53. They had a 21-0 lead without running a single offensive play. They had three blocked punts for touchdowns, two other special teams scores, an interception for a TD and another score in a fumble return. In the first half the Bulldogs ran 12 offensive plays for 244 yards. Preston ran 37 plays for -2 yards during that same time span. Both coaches agreed to 6 minute quarters in the second half, with a running clock in the fourth.

Reactions: Chopper747
From my time of living in western Maryland and only 20 minutes from Martinsburg, I saw the Bulldogs in many a playoff game. You’re right, there’s a major imbalance. Been that way since I’ve followed things in West Virginia.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Nearly the same score occurred in TX 6A 1st round. Southlake Carroll defeated Lewisville 84-6. It was 63-0 at the half and 84-0 with 5 min left in 3rd q. Lewisville was 7-3 averaging 41 points a game, and had outscored their opponents 411-182 so they were not a bad team.

Nearly the same score occurred in TX 6A 1st round. Southlake Carroll defeated Lewisville 84-6. It was 63-0 at the half and 84-0 with 5 min left in 3rd q. Lewisville was 7-3 averaging 41 points a game, and had outscored their opponents 411-182 so they were not a bad team.
I watched the Martinsburg game on NFHS Network. Unfortunately, Preston didn't have a good team at all. They were small and very young. They finished the regular season 4-6. Of their four wins, only one of those opponents they beat had more than one win.

Reactions: btango

That is a surprise. To make the playoffs in Texas you usually have to be decent.

TRC, did Lewisville have any players out or something that may have been caused them to have a bad night. SLC is a long time Power. Saw them in person when Dodge was the HC and Chase Daniels was the QB.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
This is terrible. Watching Martinsburg in round 2 of their playoffs. They’re playing a 7-4 Spring Mills team. They lead 70-0 in the 4th and haven’t run a third down play the whole game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT