ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
With Realignment on hold until 2021 and I have heard some rumbling of some idea on some old conferences being brought back and all so

My 2 questions are: Do we stay with the current model or do we go back to 25-25-25-25 across the board? Which one is the best option for NC HS FOOTBALL?

2. What conferences do you wanna see reformed and what conference would u like to see your team in?

I think the current model is the best for NC to stay with.

For Mooresville - I think we stay in IMECK period, I know there some rumors about a conference with some of the cabarrus schools but i see that unlikely now since the opening of West Cabarrus has happened.

I dont think it will ever go back to 25 x 4.

I'm thinking this
30/20/20/30 then sub divide the 30% into
1a/1aa and 4a/4aa.

Reactions: CCBears and Mhsneer
I dont think it will ever go back to 25 x 4.

I'm thinking this
30/20/20/30 then sub divide the 30% into
1a/1aa and 4a/4aa.
I like what you have, but getting everyone to agree to to drop to 6 state champs will be difficult in my opinion.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
They have to vote for 5a. I
4a with sub divide 1a/4a doesn't need be.

The 5A vote failed I'm pretty sure.

Of course they could go 20 20 20 40 and sub divide 4A only. That would pretty much be like a 5A.

The 5A vote failed I'm pretty sure.

Of course they could go 20 20 20 40 and sub divide 4A only. That would pretty much be like a 5A.
As I remember the 5A did fail. I can see no changes anytime soon. Same ole same ole will continue... I still like 1A true 6A with only 6 state champions and no team under a 500 season playing in the playoffs ! That can be done with or without bye I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
The vote was allow or not allow the NCHSAA to structure something other than four classifications.

Reactions: BK13T-$
The vote was allow or not allow the NCHSAA to structure something other than four classifications.
This is what people need to know because most think schools voted against going to 5A. The way the proposal was written was to give the NCHSAA the power to change the number of classifications as THEY SAW FIT. I believe a lot of schools distrust the NCHSAA over some decisions they have made in the past and were simply not willing to give them this type of power. Tough to vote for a proposal that is so open ended and could have you changing classifications/conferences nearly every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT