ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment thoughts

pantherfaithful1984

Apr 28, 2005
With the slow down of the world going on right now, i'm wondering if any posters have any thoughts on how realignment will shake out for your favorite team?

For SWO ...... A different conference !!! Not that the next one will be any better.

For SWO ...... A different conference !!! Not that the next one will be any better.
I've only seen one projection and it showed ED being in a ten team conference adding Bladen County schools to the current East Central and one more but i'm not sure who that was. The travel there would be ridiculous.

I've only seen one projection and it showed ED being in a ten team conference adding Bladen County schools to the current East Central and one more but i'm not sure who that was. The travel there would be ridiculous.
Link? I think you are looking at one of the initial proposals from the last realignment.

Coming from a Central Carolina Conference perspective here... 10 teams is awful. Not great for football, but even worse for some other sports. Really limits the opportunities to schedule some quality opponents, which is important when you’ve got some schools who are just tossing kids out there to form a team in baseball and softball especially.

We have 6, in the Coastal. Hard finding 6 teams to play non conference. Hear we are getting Dixon and Richlands though.

My take on a real good conference, a split 2/A 3/A.

Jacksonville
Northside
SWO
Clinton
North Eastern
Wallace Rose Hill
East Duplin

Might add in Richlands .....LOL

Edited, had NE twice and left out Richlands

Last edited:
That would be the SEC of high school for sure. Our schools will go broke on gas going to EC twice a week though. Man, that is the boringest ride known to man.

Haven't seen anybody, not even Brian Simmons, put together a list of future conferences. That will be the selling point of the realignment. I can see Thomasville dropping to 1A. I can also see Eastern Randolph and Trinity dropping to 1A as well. Providence Grove barely has 2A numbers.

Haven't seen anybody, not even Brian Simmons, put together a list of future conferences. That will be the selling point of the realignment. I can see Thomasville dropping to 1A. I can also see Eastern Randolph and Trinity dropping to 1A as well. Providence Grove barely has 2A numbers.
I don’t see Thomasville dropping unless they go back to the percentage mix for each classification that was used a few years ago.

That’s because we don’t know what they could look like without knowing what the 2020 ADM’s will be and without knowing which model they will use to divide the classifications.

Well, no one has put together any models of what conferences are going to possibly look like using last year's numbers! How much do you reckon they will change when the 2020s ADMs come out this fall? I don't exactly see any school doubling or tripling its enrollment overnight!

Jacksonville
Northside
SWO
Clinton
North Eastern
Wallace Rose Hill
East Duplin

In my opinion you should do everything you can to avoid a split conference.

Reactions: RD28327

Jacksonville
Northside
SWO
Clinton
North Eastern
Wallace Rose Hill
East Duplin

Man, this would be BRUTAL!! But just drop NE for travel purposes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT