ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment 2nd Draft

Conference 7 has to be the biggest joke I have ever seen. Even the NCHSAA has outdone itself this time.

Two hour bus rides one way for some of these schools. Does nothing for the gates for any sports, keeping kids on an activity bus getting home all hours of the night. Im sure there are other leagues like that too but the team I follow (Dawgs) is in this league. I guess the other Duplin County schools and Clinton and Midway had to pay the price for North Duplin and Hobbton protesting. Not saying I don't understand their rationale but still.

I think last realignment they tried to put WRH, ED and JK with the Bladen County schools too and it fell through. So now we add Robeson County schools too?

Cannot see this sticking either.

Reactions: dogs79
Well, I like the conference for Reidsville with McMichael, Morehead, HP Andrews, North Forsyth, Walkertown, and West Stokes. Far better than the first draft.

I understand it’s more teams. It has potential to be decent competition wise. I liked the last one cause I felt we could have really made a tough non conference . I guess we still can. But one of those non conference games will be rockingham, so the other 3 better be good

Reactions: Ooooner
Conference 7 has to be the biggest joke I have ever seen. Even the NCHSAA has outdone itself this time.

Two hour bus rides one way for some of these schools. Does nothing for the gates for any sports, keeping kids on an activity bus getting home all hours of the night. Im sure there are other leagues like that too but the team I follow (Dawgs) is in this league. I guess the other Duplin County schools and Clinton and Midway had to pay the price for North Duplin and Hobbton protesting. Not saying I don't understand their rationale but still.

I think last realignment they tried to put WRH, ED and JK with the Bladen County schools too and it fell through. So now we add Robeson County schools too?

Cannot see this sticking either.
I apologize if you saw this on Twitter.

it’s a good thing activity bus drivers don’t have to run log books like regular CDL drivers. If you get to work at 730 am, you couldn’t drive past 930pm.
I may or may not know an assistant who drove back from a playoff game until 3am.

I looked it up and from East Duplin to Red Springs and Fairmont is 2 hours and 1.5 hours to West Bladen and St Paul.

Wallace to Fairmont is 1.5 hours and 1 hour 45 mins to Red Springs!

Take the Bladen County schools and Robeson County schools out of this conference and take some combination from either Wayne (Eastern Wayne, Goldsboro), Lenoir (South Lenoir, North Lenoir) and move them in. Take whats left and combine Conference 4 and Conference 8 into two new leagues.

Yay, four 1A schools in our conference. :mad:
1a schools playing Shelby and Burns.
Not only did they not fix it, they managed to add another (TJ), only because Rosman did not want to be with them. And poor Patton now gets thrown in the conference with Chase, East Rutherford, RS, Polk, Hendersonville and Brevard.

WOW ... conference #16 has little ole SWO (2A) in with 6 3A teams. If we finish first in it should get to play in 3A playoffs ..... 😎

Completely agree OC. TW Andrews should have been in either league and that would have been good for them.. I wonder if they appealed?

Hate it for them, but glad for Thomasville.

Understand completely. Literally makes no sense to have the only 2A team (close to being 1A) in Guilford county not play in one of the leagues that actually borders their city. But rather ship them off where the closest trip is what 45 minutes away on a bus. Andrews is barely a shadow of its old self but for goodness sake the lack of logic in their conference placement is ridiculous.

Not sure why you wouldnt take the Lenoir county schools, combine them with the 10 team league, and split it into 2 six team conferences. A 10 team league makes sense if they are all around each other with no other schools but in this case it is stupid. But as i said, I knew the splits in that area wouldnt stick. Which is fine. But the 10 team league with wallace/st pauls etc in it, combined with the 8 team league with goldsboro etc- thats 18 teams. make it 3 six team leagues instead of a 10 and an 8. Not brain surgery,

Why are we complaining about the realignment at this point lets just hope we get to play any games at this point no matter the distance. Robeson County coaches should relish the opportunity to be in this conference to see what they are made of as far as football.

Reactions: Crestuff
WOW ... conference #16 has little ole SWO (2A) in with 6 3A teams. If we finish first in it should get to play in 3A playoffs ..... 😎
With the exception of West Carteret, those are the weakest 3A teams in the state.

Reactions: UNC91
That Conference 7 is absolutely insane. I hope they do one more alignment and make it better. 10 team conferences seem stupid. Not to mention the driving distances for thse schools. Imagine a Tuesday night baskeball game where you have 2 hour drive home. Next day will suck!

You are not kidding. Holy crap that's a terrible conference. SWO will win football every year.
The only other team with a Pulse was Richlands in the Costal 8 .... :eek: This one will be a little better and keeps the Town of Perfect Water Fur Balls for another 4 years of beatdowns.

Reactions: SWO-WA
I wouldn't sleep on West. They have beaten Jacksonville a few times in the last 10 years or so.

I dont think SWO will take anyone lightly. Not even in the Costal 8 games this spring. Ya got to Bring Some to Get Some.

Reactions: SWO-WA
Put Lincolnton, W Lincoln in with Shelby, EG, Burns, Huss and get rid of all the 1A,s.
THIS. I usually am not crazy about 6 team conferences but with only 10 games now, there’s one less nonconference to schedule. Putting Gaston with Lincoln seemed like the best option last time too (Shelby, South Point, East Gaston, Lincolnton, West Lincoln, East Lincoln, North Lincoln and Lake Norman Charter) but the NCHSAA didn’t see it that way.

THIS. I usually am not crazy about 6 team conferences but with only 10 games now, there’s one less nonconference to schedule. Putting Gaston with Lincoln seemed like the best option last time too (Shelby, South Point, East Gaston, Lincolnton, West Lincoln, East Lincoln, North Lincoln and Lake Norman Charter) but the NCHSAA didn’t see it that way.

Losing 3 2A Rutherford county schools an adding Thomas Jefferson 1A makes zero sense.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
Are the Rutherford county schools lobbying to be in a mountain conference. Pretty good hike to Brevard and Hendersonville for Chase, and East.

Forest City to Brevard is probably not much longer time wise than Forest City to Belmont or Mt. Holly. Plus they dont have to play Shelby.... they need to drop Patton, and add Owen maybe to that league. Put Patton in the league with E. Burke. Will be interesting to see what happens with the Shelby and 1a conference. No way those 1a teams arent lobbying to get out of that league.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Forest City to Brevard is probably not much longer time wise than Forest City to Belmont or Mt. Holly. Plus they dont have to play Shelby.... they need to drop Patton, and add Owen maybe to that league. Put Patton in the league with E. Burke. Will be interesting to see what happens with the Shelby and 1a conference. No way those 1a teams arent lobbying to get out of that league.

I hope all the 1A teams are successful in doing so. Let Thomas Jefferson follow the other Rutherford county schools up the mountain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT