ADVERTISEMENT

Reagan at East Forsyth

Warhead1

Sep 8, 2009
Why is nobody talking about this game or this East Forsyth football team? I think you can go back to the Spring and say this is the game that got this current EF team heading in the right direction. Reagan came into that game the favorite by a couple scores and East Forsyth put 40+ on them. I think that this Reagan and this East Forsyth team are both better than they were in the Spring. Can Reagan upset the Eagles this go around? I do think that Reagan can score points. Can they stop this East Forsyth offense thats putting up over 50 a game?

I did hear that East Forsyth struggled in the 1st half against South Iredell. I also heard the South Iredell fans started chanting "OVERRATED" when their team was losing 17-7 at half. East Forsyth then came out and scored 7 TD's on 7 Offensive plays LOL! Guess their fans should not have poked the bear.

I really think this will be a fun game to go watch. Coach McGee always has a high flying offense. If anyone can get it going against East's Defense you would think it would be his offense. We shall see.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
East Forsyth offense is explosive. They can tend to have slow starts or periods where not much is going on for them. But when they turn it on they truly turn it on. I expect East to win this game, but Reagan gave Grimsley a good game. This may be a good measurement for where East stands against Grimsley.

Reactions: Warhead1
East Forsyth offense is explosive. They can tend to have slow starts or periods where not much is going on for them. But when they turn it on they truly turn it on. I expect East to win this game, but Reagan gave Grimsley a good game. This may be a good measurement for where East stands against Grimsley.
I've seen Grimsley live this season and trust me they are not the team they were last season or the season before that. In my opinion they are not the measuring stick when it comes to 4a football in the Triad. What it also boils down too is their defense with or without Shaw is a shadow or its former glory just months ago. With that said I didn't come on here to bash Grimsley. I think East Forsyth is the best team in the area but Reagan has the offense capable of beating East. Reagan should've beat Grimsley by 3 TDs but couldn't execute because of mistakes inside the redzone. Yes, I do know thats part of the game but if they've cleaned it up not only do they crush Grimsley they could in fact beat East or give them tons of problems. Can the Reagan defense stop the high powered EF offense is the question too? Which ever Defensive Unit shows up in this one.

I know I'm back in forth.... Its Just way too early in the season to fully jump on any teams bandwagon. If East scores 50 again I will say they're the measuring stick

Last edited:
I wasn’t at the South Iredell n East Forsyth game but when I seen that the score was 17-7 at the half, I wander if EF had put their reserves in the 1st half and then the 1st string in the 2nd half. 3rd quarter EF put up 35 on South which sounded more like it. I know South RB has been out with an injury which wouldn’t help win the game anyway. South was outclassed. With this game I think it’s going to be a good one. I would pick East Forsyth for the win.

More than likely EF was looking ahead to Reagan last week. I'm sure Willert had some "inspirational" words of encouragement at the half and if what you all alleged S Iredells fans chanted is true they didn't do their team any favors.

I think East Forsyth and Coach Willert are extremely disappointed in that performance

Last edited:
I think East Forsyth is the best team in this area, in fact the only team that probably can beat them in this state is Julius Chambers HS and that game would be very close. I think those two teams are the best in the State.
Best in the State?!? I will have to hold on a bit before making that claim. I'm hearing from a coaches friend that East held out 4 on Offense and 5-6 players on defense against South Iredell. They also said Coach Willert made a great hire on offense this summer. Supposedly East Forsyth went and hired Glenn's OC Coach Vaughan? Vaughan is now the Asst Head Coach/OC/Oline Coach at East Forsyth. Willert is one of the best coaches in the State of NC. He saw Glenn got over 2 times on him in the Spring and he goes and hires one of their best coaches.

East can score points with anyone, the question will be how the defense looks against conference teams with similar size. Friday night should answer some questions on defense.

Reactions: Warhead1
East can score points with anyone, the question will be how the defense looks against conference teams with similar size. Friday night should answer some questions on defense.
I'm hearing that the Eagles are as advertised on offense but the defense is OVERRATED.

The Eagles defense face one of the best RB’s in the State.

Last edited:
Looking like East Forsyth is going to lose this game. 48 seconds left and Raegan has the ball on turnover on downs.

22-18.

This is why the game is played on the field and not on messaging boards. East has a lot of work to do. @CPC4LIFE really might be cursed lol.

I was at the game. The result was no fluke. R outplayed EF. R did benefit from a tipped pick that was returned to the red zone. R scored a TD on the ensuing drive.

I’ve been to 3 R games this year. They’ve play better than I expected in all 3.

One thing I think I noticed is that R does not run the QB. He did not keep on QB read. On a failed 4th and 1 to ice the game, R did not sneak.

EF drives 55 yds and comes up a yd short for a first.

In the past, EF normally improves steadily throughout the season. If they were to meet in the playoffs, I’d say EF would win by double digits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT