ADVERTISEMENT

Ready to talk basketball 1a-4a favorites both guys and girls

bulldog nation2014

Feb 21, 2014
Ready for basketball to start. What's your thoughts on the playoff seeding changes and rule changes? Looks like the nchsaa is really starting to allow HS coaches more time which I like a lot. Any other thoughts? Conference realignment picks?

First, I am curious about something pertaining to the new state wide transfer policy....if a student does not live in a county or boundary for a particular school......does that mean he or she can transfer to a school in said county or boundary of particular high school and be eligible? If so, if the country has a payment requirement for out of county students....is said fee waived?

First, I am curious about something pertaining to the new state wide transfer policy....if a student does not live in a county or boundary for a particular school......does that mean he or she can transfer to a school in said county or boundary of particular high school and be eligible? If so, if the country has a payment requirement for out of county students....is said fee waived?
To the first question yes they can transfer and be eligible immediately. To the second question about the fee waived I am not sure.

Reactions: TriadGuru
There appears to be a shakeup in Stanly County basketball. I haven't confirmed it but Adafe Price may be at AHS for his senior year.

On the girls side of things, if you able to......go see West Forsyth play. They're looking real tough right now. They have a very good duo in Skylar Curran and Callie Scheier. I think Scheier might be my favorite player to watch in the entire state.

Also, if you're a girls b'ball fan...mark Dec. 12 on your calendar. West travels to NW Guilford that day.

On the girls side of things, if you able to......go see West Forsyth play. They're looking real tough right now. They have a very good duo in Skylar Curran and Callie Scheier. I think Scheier might be my favorite player to watch in the entire state.

Also, if you're a girls b'ball fan...mark Dec. 12 on your calendar. West travels to NW Guilford that day.

Correction: mark Dec. 16 on your calendar for NW/West Forsyth. The NW girls will have a tough two-game stretch. They take on Reagan the day before.

Hmmmm......as of right now, not sure if those "experts" are right or wrong..........

Well, finally saw said "sleeper team" last night.....

Not too bad. The "experts" could be on to something here. This team has a very good freshman point guard. Not tall but quick and strong. He's a gamer.

In the 4A East, keep an eye on Heritage, Garner, and Leesville Road. Very good players on each of those teams. Lees Road has an awesome freshman point guard named Carter Whitt. His feel for the game is amazing.

Well, Grimsley played EG tough for a half. Second half, EG came out and just straight took Grimsley to school. Jaylen Alston was a beast as usual. He had an awesome, awesome putback dunk in the second half. I hope someone has that thing youtubed.

There was a very shocking result in 3A girls last night......Western Alamance beat Rockingham County 57-53.

Correction: mark Dec. 16 on your calendar for NW/West Forsyth. The NW girls will have a tough two-game stretch. They take on Reagan the day before.

What a performance by NW on Saturday. Thoroughly beat a very good West Forsyth team. Liz Kitley was just too tough for the Titans to handle.

LIndsay Gauldin had a nice game too for the Vikes. Gauldin's always been criminally underrated.

Eastern Guilford takes on Piedmont Classical tonight at EG. This should be a very fun game to watch. If you're not familiar with PC, they're a tall, athletic squad. They have a dynamic, exciting point guard named Shakeel Moore. Also have a promising freshman in 6-7 Evan Joyner. I predict at least five dunks tonight.

2A - taking a hard look at the 2A East Boys Teams for state champs. No disrespect to the west but since 1989 the east teams have only lost 7 times. Doubt it will be 8 with teams like Farmville Central, Clinton, Kinston etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT