ADVERTISEMENT

RC Defense

JMACDE99

Oct 22, 2013
RC fans - what is the difference from this year and years past? Is it, coaching scheme, players or a combination of all 3? The turnaround has been off the charts. The D coordinator should be commended.

then the head coach should get a double pat on the back because he has taken what i call a very avg d over the last 4 - 5 years and made them a tough nut. i don't follow RC enough to know who coaches what just wanted to give props when its due. see u in november!

Gotcha! I think the player have really responded to the high energy he bring to the field. Raiderdev23 can give you a little more insight, he has a son that is one of the heavy hitter on the D this year.

The kids have bought into the schemes and contrary to some people beliefs, the coach is for the kids and they really respect and like the man. Also, again will probably ruffle some feathers but he is not a local good ole boy that knows John Doe son so he is playing who he thinks will give him the most effort and has the skill. He is a defense guy that knows more than a lot of people have give him credit for.

+1

He has turned the defense around practically over night. Nobody will answer what you asked but the answer is obvious. Wait till the o catches up.

The D coordinator is the new head coach.lol

Oh....lol. I didnt know that either..lol. Since I live in Raleigh for the past 6 years, I have been following Wake County football. Everytime I see Middle Creek, they werent known for their D. Now they had more of a bend dont break D, but not flying off the radar like the Raider D this year. Granted, I have not made a game yet, but I have been told they are flying around and hitting better than before.

The kids have bought into the schemes and contrary to some people beliefs, the coach is for the kids and they really respect and like the man. Also, again will probably ruffle some feathers but he is not a local good ole boy that knows John Doe son so he is playing who he thinks will give him the most effort and has the skill. He is a defense guy that knows more than a lot of people have give him credit for.

Honestly, that is what it is going to take. I can admit, I was one of the ones that scratch my head when they hired Coach C (only because I follow Wake County Football since I live in Raleigh). My first choice would have been Dr. Boyd in Marlboro Cty because a local person would get Richmond Raider football and tradition. So I will admit, I was totally wrong. However, to hear that Coach C is for the kids, can only speak volumes. I mean for the kids in education as well. So I hope he is both.

He is for the education side also. Several are taking SAT test this Saturday and some have been invited for tour and a game Saturday afternoon at a college in state. He is more involved in their lives than most people know.

Attacking scheme that plays to Richmond's strength.....speed. Totally different from the read and react scheme that the past defensive coordinator(s) tried to run. Both styles can be effective but speed has always been Richmond's edge and they are doing a better job of utilizing it.

Agree Citizen. Even our big guys up front are quick on the snap and everyone else is flying to the ball. I think all 11 on field love to hit and hit you hard.

The difference starts at the line. More athletic possibly but fresher as I do not think they are the keys on the O line. Those two ingredients lead to a group being able to get penetration and disrupt the flow. Seemed better against the rush than getting to the QB but I think that was because Butler's o line is fairly good in pass protection but not as strong in the running game.

Linebackers last year were tough, got after it, and went to the ball but they were small. Think there may be a little more size there.

Im a little late to this party but someone mentioned in this or another thread that the Richmond-Dudley game ended like the Carolina Panthers game on Sunday with a Josh Norman INT in the end zone at the end of the game. Not coincidentally, Coach C coached Norman (both Norman brothers) during their college careers at Coastal Carolina. He will get the D turned around. Maybe not quick enough for some people but it will get done. And he is definitely an advocate for the kids education. He makes sure it comes first. I think you will be pleased with this staff if you give it enough time.

Oh....lol. I didnt know that either..lol. Since I live in Raleigh for the past 6 years, I have been following Wake County football. Everytime I see Middle Creek, they werent known for their D. Now they had more of a bend dont break D, but not flying off the radar like the Raider D this year. Granted, I have not made a game yet, but I have been told they are flying around and hitting better than before.

Hi G&G,

I've been living in Raleigh now for the past 7 years and have only been following Raider football! Football in Wake county isn't interesting to me. Been to a few games....that was enough to confirm the ride to Rockingham is well worth it!!

Go Raiders!!!

Hi G&G,

I've been living in Raleigh now for the past 7 years and have only been following Raider football! Football in Wake county isn't interesting to me. Been to a few games....that was enough to confirm the ride to Rockingham is well worth it!!

Go Raiders!!!

LMBOOOOOOOO!!!! True statement. Its not like I dont follow my beloved Raiders, its just the time I pick my little one from school and get back to N.Raleigh, I just say forget that ride down number 1 and find a local game here. Plus some of my in laws and barber went to WF and they stay talking junk to me....lol. So I just try to entertain them....lol. But good one though......lol

Paul & GreenandGold, I'm a Scotland fan living here in Raleigh the past 10yrs. I've had to subject myself to watching Wake County football to fill the void when I can't drive down to catch my Scots (although I do listen each Friday online). Anytime you guys want to get together for a game just give me a shout.

Sound good! Maybe we could catch a local game like Wake Forest & Wakefield. Also we could all get together and go see the Raider Scot game!!

PS. I do have Scotland ties as that's where my father was born (Laurel Hill). Also my grandmother, dad's brother and three of his sisters are buried in the Hillside cemetery across from the High school.

Go Raiders!!

Paul & GreenandGold, I'm a Scotland fan living here in Raleigh the past 10yrs. I've had to subject myself to watching Wake County football to fill the void when I can't drive down to catch my Scots (although I do listen each Friday online). Anytime you guys want to get together for a game just give me a shout.

Most definitely! I know I usually got to the WF/Wakefield game every year. I try to see Middle Creek, Millbrook, Garner, and most of the powerhouses here in Wake County

After all that this season has put Richmond through, is Green and Gold back to a great magical agreement on the new hire since the current record is 7-1?

Is it correct to say that Raiders are once again happy?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT