ADVERTISEMENT

Randleman vs Roanoke Rapids

maddox#1

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2003
Tigers were not on all cylinders Friday night.....They seemed to be frustrated at times. Seemed like every time they did something positive the Ref.'s would call it back and they would start over and over.....Touchdowns they ruled no good as the receiver did not get a foot down , twice, ....just a frustrating night. I look for Coach Handy to get things back to normal and you will see a much more focused team this week at RR........I look for a Tiger win.......

Maddox,I was at the randelman game against green central,and the tigers did not look good at all,they had at least 6-7 false start penalties and fumbles,but that probaly had more to do with the cold more than anything,but the other penalties better be cleaned up or randelman will be playing basketball,GC really Impressed me a lot,they played better than their 4-7 record and had randelman on the ropes all game,and if they had a kicker they could have won the game.Randelman just hasn't looked that good the last couple games against ER and green central like they did earlier and mid season,still a very good team,and if petty is on his game they are hard to Handel.Good luck this Friday against RR

This post was edited on 11/17 9:45 AM by TVILLEDAWG2370

How good is RR? I honestly think the Tigers will play 100% better this week......If they are hitting on all cyclinders it could be something.......Your thoughts?

Maddox,I found you some TEAM stats that may help you out

Offensive passing stats
Pass comp-46
Pass att-98
Pass yds-860
Comp%-.469
Yds per att-18.7
Pass yds per game-71.7
Pass TD-10
Pass int-5
Longest pass-61yds
QB rating-90.5
Offensive Rushing
Rushing att-400
Rush yds-2951
Yds per carry-7.4
Rush yds per game-245.9
Longest rush-80 yds
Rushing TD's-35

I can list defensive stats later,but hope this helps you out a bit for now.

Offfense passing stats
Pass comp-46
Rec yds-860
Yds per catch-18.7
Rec yds per game-71.7
Longest rec-61 yds
Rec TDs-10
Off fumbles-14
Fumbles lost-11

It's interesting to see where teams end up. I saw RR in week 2 vs. Fike and they were just terrible. I couldn't imagine them making the playoffs, much less as a conference champion. Now they seem to be hitting on all cylinders, even though they lost the last reg season game.

I wonder if Randleman is going downhill late in the season, as teams can do. GC has not been a team that has played well all season. the Rams have been good against teams that are clearly worse than they are but haven't fared well against better teams. In short, GC hasn't played many close games all season and the outcome Friday came as a big surprise to me.

I still think randelman is a very good team with great players at the skill positions,their RB's run like their mad at the grass and very hard to bring down and almost always fall forward,QB is really smart throws a really good deep ball and has good touch,he is the leader of the offense,big tall WR molett tends to shy away from contact and they like to run him straight down the sideline and throw up a jumpball to him because of his height,and he's good at catching them to,randelman is a very well coached team,they are always prepared.

Thanks Dawg....most helpful.............As for the Tigers, I think they had an off night......They have been playing very well and they may have been looking past GC......But I do know this..Coach Handy will have their attention and I don't look for that to happen again.......I expect to see them at the top of their game.....I look for Jacar Green and Spencer Hamilton to have big nights.....Mollett will get his catches unless they triple team him.....If the Defense plays as it is capable, I think it will be something like 35--- 21 Tigers

I like Randleman to advance and play into Thanksgiving week. I was shocked at how close their game with Greene Central was. I'll assume that Randleman overlooked their opponent in round 1 and didn't come out ready to play and was lucky enough to live and see another day in the playoffs. If they show up, they are a sound football club and tough to beat. Handy is among the best coaches in the area and will surely have the Tigers ready to rock on Friday night.

Roanoke Rapids had 10 starters come back on offence and 7 starters come back on defense from a team that went 2-9 overall last year,their offensive line is probaly their strong point and they have a good kicker also.

Couple more stats about them:
They have 16 sacks in 12 games and 8 INT's

If randelman plays good sound fundamental football they should win maybe 35-7,but they can't let RR hang around like last week,because sooner or later it's gonna come back and bite you,especially in these playoffs the deeper you go.

Harry T....I have a word for you..........Crazy.......We are penalized more at home than any team in the state......It's our biggest downfall.......We are winning in spite of it..........Pay the ref's......you must be on a losing team to complain about something like that ....I mean , not even your team and you still complain......I guess that's what happens when you win , it's always the ref's that did it.....well maybe your right, we are 10-2 and all ten are because of the Ref's...........Yea... Right...Harry, it makes you look like your are reaching for sour grapes.......Come on Man!!

Hey Brother, I hope you are doing well.....Thanks for the support.......You've always been there........Sure will be glad when it's time for Baseball.... Can't wait for our CH's to begin....Wish you were still at First...........Are you settled in a house and things are good for you and the Bride..... Say hello for me, think of you guys often...Take care , see if you can get the Pipeline done , keep listening to Zepplin , Try pulling for the Dodgers , I have given up on my Panthers , Have a cold one on me.....hope to see you one of the days........Take Care my Friend:)

Actually Randleman did pay the refs. They paid the refs just like every home team did across the State of North Carolina this year. HarryT…..showing your jealousy of RHS is unbecoming of you.

maddox you have it backwards, for example when you played Thomasville - TV 9 Randleman 4, High Point Andrews 12 Randleman 4, Carrboro 8 Randleman 2 those were home games, could not find anyting on the last team you played, but I bet it was lop sided in favor of Randleman ( penalized).

Against Green Central we had 7 False Starts.......5 Holding...........2 offensive pass interference.....1 off side .......not a record but a heck of an average for penalities............2 touchdowns called out of the end zone on top of that..............

Oh well , we won so there's that.........but it was tough to overcome...........I would Love for us to play a penalty free game just one time ........

I agree HT that we have had some fortunate calls, but just as many the other way.....I will still say it's the worst officiating I have seen this year, period both ways........

sorry to tell you
Randleman 27
Roanoke rapid-36
Did not take the home refs with them

harry speaks for harry, not for all of andrews.

Sorry to see randleman out. Would have liked to see them make a run.

This Randleman team reminded me of Andrews 4 years ago. Talent to win it all and looked like world beaters the first 6-7 games of the season then unraveled for whatever reason down the stretch. Handy will have these kids working hard in the offseason. Who does Randleman lose on offense besides Molette? I don't think he's that big of a loss after seeing him play twice. Decent speed, good hands but literally ran away from contact in high school doesn't bode well for success in college. With that young man well but he needs some lead in his pencil.

What a great game by two really good teams....The Tigers went by Air and the Jackets by Land.........RHSD had 320 yards of passing yardage ( 170 by Jovall Mollett with 2 TD's ).....and 1 kid fromRRHS had 200 yds. Rushing...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT