ADVERTISEMENT

Raiders at 71st

Richmond started out rotating QB’s but I think they found one in #12. Defense was on the field too long in the first half. Richmond fought back in the 2nd half and almost pulled the upset. I like the effort in the second half. Raiders keep working hard and they will get better. By the way I hate the pooch kick on kickoffs! 🤣

The thing with 71st that makes them very capable of being beat is their offense. They’ll be in a dog fight with any team that can play decent against the run because that’s pretty much all they can do and it’s predictable. They also looked vulnerable against the pass. I’m not surprised it was a good game.

The thing with 71st that makes them very capable of being beat is their offense. They’ll be in a dog fight with any team that can play decent against the run because that’s pretty much all they can do and it’s predictable. They also looked vulnerable against the pass. I’m not surprised it was a good game.
The thing about football is, it doesn't matter if the offense is predictable that has been proven by the success they have had over the years. Let's just be honest about why the game was close. They had a new center playing that had several bad snaps that threw the timing off on several plays. The QB was 9-12, throwing the ball. They can throw the ball when they want to, but their identity is hard nosed running the ball. 71st gave up several big plays in special teams that kept them in the game. I think all of that is fixed moving forward. Richmond is also much improved from where they have been the last couple of years. How long did anyone expect Richmond to be down before they came back up? 71st should have blown that game away when they were up 21-6. As far as being susceptible to the passing of other teams, other than Hickory in last year's State Championship game who has been able to win throwing the ball against them? Hickory? Hickory had 4 legit WRs that would give anybody fits. Even in that game Hickory won because they ran the ball well and picked up short yardage conversions and 71st had several penalties in critical points of the game.

The thing about football is, it doesn't matter if the offense is predictable that has been proven by the success they have had over the years. Let's just be honest about why the game was close. They had a new center playing that had several bad snaps that threw the timing off on several plays. The QB was 9-12, throwing the ball. They can throw the ball when they want to, but their identity is hard nosed running the ball. 71st gave up several big plays in special teams that kept them in the game. I think all of that is fixed moving forward. Richmond is also much improved from where they have been the last couple of years. How long did anyone expect Richmond to be down before they came back up? 71st should have blown that game away when they were up 21-6. As far as being susceptible to the passing of other teams, other than Hickory in last year's State Championship game who has been able to win throwing the ball against them? Hickory? Hickory had 4 legit WRs that would give anybody fits. Even in that game Hickory won because they ran the ball well and picked up short yardage conversions and 71st had several penalties in critical points of the game.
Your post just described what happens with numerous teams throughout the state weekly. Everything you posted happen in football every week. When you start saying things like let's be honest. That's a Red flag for a bias opinion. Shoulda coulda woulda is what you just posted. Talk about a Litany of excuses. Get ready for your next game and keep it moving.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Your post just described what happens with numerous teams throughout the state weekly. Everything you posted happen in football every week. When you start saying things like let's be honest. That's a Red flag for a bias opinion. Shoulda coulda woulda is what you just posted. Talk about a Litany of excuses. Get ready for your next game and keep it moving.
I don't have a game to get ready for those days are over. Nepsy7 if you don't like my post keep it moving. Kind of was talking to someone else, never asked for your analysis. All the garbage you been spewing out of your trap for years. I said what happened and that's that. Every person on the boards is bias, to say anything different would be a lie.

I don't have a game to get ready for those days are over. Nepsy7 if you don't like my post keep it moving. Kind of was talking to someone else, never asked for your analysis. All the garbage you been spewing out of your trap for years. I said what happened and that's that. Every person on the boards is bias, to say anything different would be a lie.
I have numerous friends who attended 71st throughout the years. My youngest brother played under Coach Poss. They are loaded, no excuses needed. People usually comment on high school boards, that quite common. I'm not familiar with the garbage part. :D You being bias confirms you agree with what I said. It's all good.

Last edited:
People usually comment on high school boards, that quite common. I'm not familiar with the garbage part. :D You being bias confirms you agree with what I said. You're welcome.
You try so hard to sound smart. lol It is cute, if people usually come on the boards to comment then why make your original statement? The garbage part is almost everything you say

You try so hard to sound smart. lol It is cute, if people usually come on the boards to comment then why make your original statement? The garbage part is almost everything you say
I said what I said. It was a statement. What's the problem? I wasn't trying to sound smart, so I appreciate the compliment.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT