ADVERTISEMENT

Rabun County on Espnu

Rabun County has a 5 star QB headed to South Carolina. Also the alma mater of 49ers rookie Charlie Woerner. Used to play SMC schools a lot but not as much in the last decade.

Rabun County has a 5 star QB headed to South Carolina. Also the alma mater of 49ers rookie Charlie Woerner. Used to play SMC schools a lot but not as much in the last decade.
Rabun were getting some Habersham kids when Shaw first took over there, I assume they still do. They may get some other area transfers too. I'm surprised Franklin doesn't lose some kids to them. Woerner was homegrown though at least, I don't think Stockton is but not 100% on that.

Habersham could be quite good (definitely better than Rabun because they have a much better natural athlete pool) with the right coach.

Last edited:
It’s a shame we can’t ever get 2 N.C. teams playing, nchsaa needs to get with the times. Also how often do you folks way west lose players across the line? In a normal year not the weird COVID mess

It’s a shame we can’t ever get 2 N.C. teams playing, nchsaa needs to get with the times. Also how often do you folks way west lose players across the line? In a normal year not the weird COVID mess
Not many, Hayesville loses some kids to Towns County occasionally.

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
Co workers at Franklin said those ywo teams had 1 and 2 qbs in nation.
Is that correct?

Rabun were getting some Habersham kids when Shaw first took over there, I assume they still do. They may get some other area transfers too. I'm surprised Franklin doesn't lose some kids to them. Woerner was homegrown though at least, I don't think Stockton is but not 100% on that.

Habersham could be quite good (definitely better than Rabun because they have a much better natural athlete pool) with the right coach.
Stockton has been there since youth league for sure. His dad is defensive coordinator.

Reactions: mbdfan
The qb for Prince Avenue was the kid who committed to Oklahoma then changed his mind and is going to Georgia. It was a very entertaining game. 38-31 Rabun County

Hayesville has lost a number of kids to Towns over the years who didn’t get to play a position they wanted, had a daddy who didn’t like the coach, etc. But four in one year is still way way more than usual...I can’t recall more than maybe two in one year before this.

Drove 4 hours from the triad to see the game. I reviewed some games to go to. I saw where Rabun County was ranked #1 in 2A. I checked Massey for a projected score and decided to go. It was later in the week that I realized what I fell into. Great atmosphere. Crowded stadium, 4-5 masks that I noticed. Been to Tennessee twice, West Virginia, and Georgia so far. Dread February games in 2021.

Reactions: Mhsneer and BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT