ADVERTISEMENT

QB from Page

PagePirates44

Aug 15, 2004
Just some offseason news on Page's sophomore QB. JP got invited to the under armor all-american football camp and also just recently had a visit at Georgia Tech. If anyone is interested in watching his soph. season highlights here in the link. hudl.com/v/28NP3K :)

Had a deep run in previous seasons playoffs as a soph on a state perennial power. Returns as one of the best QBs in nc...nothing else 2 say that says it all.

Very dangerous runner not so much in the passing game when playing top teams in the area and state.

Very dangerous runner not so much in the passing game when playing top teams in the area and state.

He was both a passer and a dangerous runner against Mallard Creek in the playoffs. Taking into consideration he was only a Sophomore, with a lot of upside. I wouldn't be excited about going up against him in the playoffs this year.

yeah, he can make some plays with his feet, but he can also sling it all over the field. He's also pretty darn accurate with his passing while on the run. Guess what.. he's also still developing and getting better everyday, like nepsy said his upside is big. He had ~2000 passing yards and ~700 rushing yards -- so its not like hes only a runner.. i do agree with you to some extent.. some of those teams Page played last year were very senior heavy in the defensive secondary, so i'm not surprised he struggled a little bit.

His passing game is lacking? That can be exploited for sure.

A 6'2" 195lb, 16 year old Sophomore's passing game was lacking enough to win 11 games and go all the way to the Regional finals. He had no problem passing against MC. He will only get better. Please tell me the team last year who exploited him and how you would do it COACH?

Last edited:
Reactions: r-magic
A 6'2" 195lb, 16 year old Sophomore's passing game was lacking enough to win 11 games and go all the way to the Regional finals. He had no problem passing against MC. He will only get better. Please tell me the team last year who exploited him and how you would do it COACH?
Did you see Page's defense last year? That's how they won 11 games last year cause that defense may have been one of if not the best in the state. So before you go and get all butt hurt calling me COACH I was just stating the facts and what I saw in person against Dudley and East Forsyth. The kid is a good athlete/runner and in coach Rolfes system he will be successful running the Option. But if we are talking just a passer he was not very good against the good teams. His stats came against average or flat out bad teams. When Page played teams that were some what good he struggled throwing the ball. Page's opponents were all down as a whole last year other than Mallard Creek the rest had really average years (Dudley/East Forsyth/Davie) Now like I said he is a really special runner and that helps open up some passes but the passing stats don't lie. Throwing for 2000 yards in 13 games means he only averaged right at 150 ypg with a completion percentage of 56%.

Davie County 6-16 98 yards 37% Maxpreps QB Rating 79.7
Dudley 8-16 104 yards 50% 1-INT Maxpreps QB Rating 65.6
East Forsyth 9-28 116 yards 3-INT Maxpreps QB Rating 18.5
Mallard Creek 8-18 78 yards Maxpreps QB Rating 57.2

Did you see Page's defense last year? That's how they won 11 games last year cause that defense may have been one of if not the best in the state. So before you go and get all butt hurt calling me COACH I was just stating the facts and what I saw in person against Dudley and East Forsyth. The kid is a good athlete/runner and in coach Rolfes system he will be successful running the Option. But if we are talking just a passer he was not very good against the good teams. His stats came against average or flat out bad teams. When Page played teams that were some what good he struggled throwing the ball. Page's opponents were all down as a whole last year other than Mallard Creek the rest had really average years (Dudley/East Forsyth/Davie) Now like I said he is a really special runner and that helps open up some passes but the passing stats don't lie. Throwing for 2000 yards in 13 games means he only averaged right at 150 ypg with a completion percentage of 56%.

Davie County 6-16 98 yards 37% Maxpreps QB Rating 79.7
Dudley 8-16 104 yards 50% 1-INT Maxpreps QB Rating 65.6
East Forsyth 9-28 116 yards 3-INT Maxpreps QB Rating 18.5
Mallard Creek 8-18 78 yards Maxpreps QB Rating 57.2

COACH! He's only a sophomore. Butler had a kid by the name of Davis Cheek who was only a sophomore with similar numbers while at Butler. He lit it up his Jr & Sr season. He's at Elon now.
Honors & Awards
• CAA Football Offensive Rookie of the Year (2017)
• Jerry Rice Award Finalist - 5th Place (2017)
• CFPA FCS Performer of the Year Watch List (2017)
• CAA Football Rookie of the Week (Sept. 11, 2017)
• CAA Football Rookie of the Week (Oct. 23, 2017)
• STATS FCS National Freshman of the Week (Oct. 23, 2017)
• CAA Football Offensive Player of the Week (Oct. 30, 2017)

We had a kid at MC with serviceable number his Sophomore season.James Smith.
He returned his Jr & Sr season averaging over 3500 yards in the air and 1000+ yards rushing. MVP of 3 State Championship games.

My point is be careful with putting on your scouting hat (Mel Kiper Jr) and grading these young guys early in their High School career, as though they're not going to get better.

No pun intended!

Last edited:
With last yr qb play down, this yr will b the yr of the qb. Damn near every prominent team has a qb coming back. Get ur popcorn guys were gonna see some high scoring games this yr!!!

He has what you cant teach. Big time athleticism. My guess is that after the camps this summer he will begin to grab some real interest. I can count on one hand the number of 15 year olds who excelled in a varsity passing offense against top notch competition. He is a kid that nearly all college offenses are built around now. RPO'S and the legs to make a defense have to account for him every snap.

The kid is obviously going to get better. There is NO WAY he won't get better playing starting QB as he grows... if he doesn't get any better than what he was this year page will be screwed without that dominant defense. But it would not come until the second or third round of the the playoffs because they will destroy everyone in their conference just by showing up. As far as comparing him to Butler or Mallard Creek quarterbacks because he too is a sophomore is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. All I can go off of is what I've seen but since that's not good enough for you oh well. Since you're the expert snowflake I'll let you have it..... But from his body of work and film he is an average passer. His stats will continue to go up this year since Page plays in the weakest conference in the State now. Just dont get butthurt so quickly when someone disagrees with you oh great one of the high school message boards.

say what you will, but playing football in Greensboro with a sophomore QB is tough these days, He also played well against a really good defense at Eastern Guilford who held Ahlers in check, and torched some other notable teams like Providence, N Guilford, NW Guilford, HP Central...

also.. the metro isnt ranked the highest conference, and no fans from around here have ever said it was great.. but its certainly not the worst... ive followed different preps websites who run updates on teams/conference ratings every week during football seasons for years.. one of them can be seen here (http://calpreps.com/2017/ratings/North_Carolina_leagues.htm)

Page has had a long history of good quarterback development and talent. get over it man. you sound like a huge hater.

Last edited:
it seems like hes a solid lacrosse player, as he has 9 goals and 4 assists in 7 games so far for Page.

The kid is obviously going to get better. There is NO WAY he won't get better playing starting QB as he grows... if he doesn't get any better than what he was this year page will be screwed without that dominant defense. But it would not come until the second or third round of the the playoffs because they will destroy everyone in their conference just by showing up. As far as comparing him to Butler or Mallard Creek quarterbacks because he too is a sophomore is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. All I can go off of is what I've seen but since that's not good enough for you oh well. Since you're the expert snowflake I'll let you have it..... But from his body of work and film he is an average passer. His stats will continue to go up this year since Page plays in the weakest conference in the State now. Just dont get butthurt so quickly when someone disagrees with you oh great one of the high school message boards.

Calm Down Nick Saban! Like you i gave my opinion. It's what happens on a football thread. When you can't articulate your point very well, I guess the Snowflake, butthurt and dumbest you've ever heard is where you go?

Page has been on the map of elite programs for decades. Yes you can compare their players with the Butler and MC's of the world. Go take a bath and wash all that hate off of you. It's not a good look.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT