ADVERTISEMENT

Purnell Swett Makes A Transformational Hire

Be Physcial

Jul 17, 2007
This is exactly what Swett needed to help their struggling program. Now the administration needs to jump on board and give this guy and the players "whatever it takes" to win.

This is exactly what Swett needed to help their struggling program. Now the administration needs to jump on board and give this guy and the players "whatever it takes" to win.
This is a great hire. Now this will be the beginning of a new change. Something has already started and soon enough the community or infact the County will see where the light is the brightest. The Blueprint is already in place, but I just cant say what exactly it is.

Question: Who's slogan is "Whatever it takes to win"

-------------- BREAK --------------
The Caravan is on its way
th

Last edited:
Needs a miracle...
Dont start Scotswin..........Dont start
It's a new beginning

The past is the past
God knows the day you’re born and the day you leave. What you do between those dates depends on how Faith is processed.

This will be a good hire if he can get some help and athletes. They should compete for the top 7 in the SAC 8 this year!

This will be a good hire if he can get some help and athletes. They should compete for the top 7 in the SAC 8 this year!
In the past share of years Purnell Swett has not had the perfect program, but we are after the perfect mission. All that can be done is allow time to take us on a ride and for God to show the program the way ahead.

I can tell you now, it's not going to happen this year. Roberson will basically, start rebuilding a fallen program. Like SUV said in another post, "you can't count the first year" since it's football. But, as time goes on and if everyone is patient, you'll see a change.

I'm just saying, if he is able to hire some good assistants. And get more kids out, they have a chance to compete. It's definitely an uphill battle. In that conference there are no easy games or ones they can expect to win. Except maybe Lumberton.

Reactions: S2V2
I'm just saying, if he is able to hire some good assistants. And get more kids out, they have a chance to compete. It's definitely an uphill battle. In that conference there are no easy games or ones they can expect to win. Except maybe Lumberton.
I am not so sure if new assistants are coming in....

Its a very tough schedule we are under. The kids in general enjoy a coach like Roberson, so there is going to be a major twist for the good in an environment that has been depleted for a while now. You can guarantee with his military background there is going to be some major changes in "discipline"......Major.

CONCERN #1: I predict between now and June, the tide is going to change in many areas of this program. This is to include visiting the middle schools throughout their season, not just at the end. Relationships are important and is what has been missing between the high school and middle schools. I just dont understand why there has been absolutely no commitment to have the high schools coaches make a face to face every middle school game. ITS A MUST NOT A CHOICE. The kids need to know their future coaches.

CONCERN #2: Another issue that I am not sure how it is going to be handled - is having the middle school run the same scheme the high school runs. For example - Pembroke Middle runs the ground game 99.999% of the time. The middle school QB is not adjusted to throwing. Then they show up at Purnell Swett and it is a complete different recipe. Dont know who's at blame here but the Fried Rice does not look like Rice Crispy. Where is the fix?

Schools that are successful run the same schemes from Youth League, through Middle School, and on to High School.

Communication is imperative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiders Rollin
S2V2 you seem to know so much about the program....you seem to know so much about what had been lacking and what the program needs. Can only mean you have been close enough to be apart of the everyday workings. You saw a lack of discipline, and it would appear a depleted environment. With so much knowledge I would love to talk to you more about what all went down the past few years.

It's very hard for HS coaches to get to a middle school game unless the game is played at night. My son plays middle school and I've yet to make a game. See, HS is practicing at the very same time they are playing. Or we're getting our JV ready to play. That sucks!

S2V2 you seem to know so much about the program....you seem to know so much about what had been lacking and what the program needs. Can only mean you have been close enough to be apart of the everyday workings. You saw a lack of discipline, and it would appear a depleted environment. With so much knowledge I would love to talk to you more about what all went down the past few years.
You do not want to meet me. I am an uneducated fan

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
It's very hard for HS coaches to get to a middle school game unless the game is played at night. My son plays middle school and I've yet to make a game. See, HS is practicing at the very same time they are playing. Or we're getting our JV ready to play. That sucks!
Please!!!!
Sometimes I do #1, then all the sudden #2 wants to play, but I say to myself "I dont have time". Yet I know I have to make time for #2, so I turn and abide by the rules so I can win the rest of my day.

You do not want to meet me. I am an uneducated fan

I would give yourself a little more credit based on your posts. So tell me when you believe all these issues started? I also hope that it will change for the better. In fact I believe we have met before.

I would give yourself a little more credit based on your posts. So tell me when you believe all these issues started? I also hope that it will change for the better. In fact I believe we have met before.
First off, I would like to repeat myself if I may Mr. Monarch. I also notice on your first post that you know me....I dont know but my head was itching.

Second of all, I am not going to sit here and say when the issues started because you are trying to funnel me and make me hit the trip wire. I'm Not........

There will be change in the future.....

Lastly, I am as I told you an uneducated fan, so I dont know if I can both give myself credit and meet you. Its a hard knock life papa, but I plan to attend church this Sunday and i'll name it to the All Mighty.

Now you do know I am not always this excited in the morning unless I have some juicy news to the last drop. This is to be discussed at a later time. Yeah....

giphy.gif

trump-mcmahon.gif

I can tell you now, it's not going to happen this year. Roberson will basically, start rebuilding a fallen program. Like SUV said in another post, "you can't count the first year" since it's football. But, as time goes on and if everyone is patient, you'll see a change.

Exactly whats happening at Hoke right now...they're going to continue to get better.

Reactions: S2V2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT