ADVERTISEMENT

Purnell Swett High School Head Football Vacancy

Yeah, I had heard that the coach this year was just for the 1 year. Good luck on your search for the right person for the job.

Wbo would take this job
Any first time head coach with ties to the community. Expectations will be low, coupled with a healthy raise from an assistant's pay. Pembroke Middle generally has some talent, along with a healthy mix from the other feeder schools and possibly some support from UNCP (i.e. use of facilities, possibly playing a game or two there, maybe even financial support) and away you go. It will be tough to compete year in and year out in that conference, but what coach worth his stones doesn't like a challenge...

Thaz not a challenge,Thaz a massacre in that conference.Sending my prayers up whoever get this job .Even more prayers at Lumberton

It's like coaching hoops in the ACC After the two Blood Bloods and Louisville you still find yourself looking up at UVA, FSU and Syracuse - Good freaking luck with that!

Last edited:
I knew PS waz in for a long season They could not East Bladen in the jamboree .They only got about 30 players

I understand the perennial powerhouses will always be a tough ask but, with some luck in their non-conference scheduling as well as 1-2 wins against the lower tier conference teams it should be feasible...
They are part of the lower tier.....all this looks good on paper and sounds good saying it out loud but it's probably not going to happen for years to come....

At the last realignment, New Hanover was the largest 3A school with 1,643 students. Purnell Swett currently has less students than that. So, 3A might not be that much of a far fetched idea. That number includes the SoRob students.

Does anyone know when the next realignment would take place? I was kinda disappointed when Dudley and Catholic went down to 3a. and there were others... I'm sure it's a tough job trying to regulate all these schools. Scotland would give em a fit in 3a. They're giving them a fit in 4a. Oh well, I dont know how that works, I'm just a fan, but I bet the kids and coaches and schools dont always like a change like that... anyway... GO RAIDERS...

Does anyone know when the next realignment would take place? I was kinda disappointed when Dudley and Catholic went down to 3a. and there were others... I'm sure it's a tough job trying to regulate all these schools. Scotland would give em a fit in 3a. They're giving them a fit in 4a. Oh well, I dont know how that works, I'm just a fan, but I bet the kids and coaches and schools dont always like a change like that... anyway... GO RAIDERS...
after next year I believe

Maybe they should drop football. They looked good last nite all dressed up in thier holow ween unis pre tending to be. A football team. Like they do on fri nite

12-month contract and 10,000 coaching stipend and a Lumbee Indian and we can make a deal!!!!

Ps has scored 47 runs in thier games this year. My bad i forgot this ain,t baseball, will they score friday . I know theg gonna lose big

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT