ADVERTISEMENT

PSHS Football Coach

the173herd

Jul 18, 2007
I would like to know who the favorites people want to see come out and coach the Rams. Also, will he change the coaching staff since they gave up on the old coach.

I would like to see MD Coleman come at and coach. Last I heard he was a Principle. Or the coach that went to Fairmont and took them by storm.

Herd,[/B]

timthumb.php
?[/B]

This post was edited on 1/13 10:24 PM by swett2victory

LD Coleman would be a good choice, but he has been out of coaching for awhile.

Are you talking about Keith Wood that coached at Fairmont a couple years ago?

You think Keith is going to leave Scotland to go to Purnell to get his brains beat out. If anything he would go to New Hanover with Athletes that can excel in his preferred game style.

No I do not think he would leave scotland. I would just think he could get the kids to believe in themselves.

i wouldnt leave to go to PSHS knowing how the community turned their backs on a ball coach and how a coaching staff (who the coach hires) will quit as well.

But to the comment getting his brains beat out. I have been all over this world, seen some of the best athletes. Have been a FSHAA official for HS football, basketball, and baseball. I will guarantee this the best athletes in the US of A come from Robeson County. The problem with our athletes is we compete at a high level at the Middle School transition to high school ages. we have kids that are ages 12-15 are the fastest and strongest in the states. The issue is we dont teach them great work habits on and off the field. so if you have a kid with lots of talent but no work ethic he loses the talent. If another kid has no talent but wants to work he will surpase the kids that doesnt want to work.

"I would rather have a kid with no talent but wantst to work than a kid with talent that doesnt want to work"

the173herd

patent pending

THIS IS THE ONLY UNCLE I AM AWARE OF[/B]

0019.gif

Hahahahaha There's only one person that can always surprise me and that is Beffy Larry[/B]. He just can't hold a conversation with me. He scares me. He is like a ncpreps Special Forces fella

TURD

laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 1/13 8:12 PM by swett2victory

Herd
One man can't get this program turned around. PS has 150+ employed positions. Any quality coach should be accommodated so he can either keep or bring in his chosen staff.

This post was edited on 1/13 7:38 PM by swett2victory

S2V are you talking about J Deese that followed the uncp coach to Florida to start a college program? If so what about his younger brother? Already on staff and in the weight room

sec2011
That is a trick question sir.

2 more days [/B]and the polls will be closed. get yalls vote in.........
(after 5 Jan 2015 + 10 days for submission)

Who will it be?
Or should I say...we already know who the coach is and the system is just going through the motion and following the timeline. Its a covert operation.

This post was edited on 1/13 10:19 PM by swett2victory

This is why I don't think J Deese will come to Purnell Swett High School.

Remember he is married to a former UNCP Softball Player and she coached youth girls fastpitch and taught lessons in Lauringburg NC for the longest. I think she was a town manager for the town. I would love to see both of them at PSHS. Him coaching the football/track team and her coaching the girls softball program. That will not happen!!!!

She would be a great coach at PSHS and could get the best out of the girls and could have them were they were 5 yrs ago overnight.

cross your fingers!!!

Originally posted by swett2victory:

T-ROY C,
I need you to send a cowboy from Flower Mound to the East ....................really quick

[/B]

This post was edited on 1/13 11:06 PM by swett2victory
I will gladly send our head man east to lovely West Robeson County, but not sure you want him as we were 1-9 last year and 2-8 the year before. Also not sure if you would want his $131k/ yr salary either.

Unless they have a connection to the county by birth or by working there in the past, it is a three year gig. The Swett nation will embrace you...WIN or TIE. Otherwise, history hasn't been so kind. If I were the principal, I would pursue someone who knows the county, the high level of competition, and offer him room to bring in a few assistants if needed. Larry and some of the guys on here may know of some former area players or coaches who could right the ship. I don't think you would go wrong if you stretched the "connection" to the surrounding area...maybe even as far as Richmond county.

Slee,

agreed with everything except the comment "Swett Nation will embrace you...Win or Tie. Apparently not true!!!!

The issue I have with hiring someone within the 45 min sorroundings is they will not look to move into the heart of West Robeson area. Prospect has plenty of space and there is a house for sale on Prospect Rd heading outside of Pembroke.

Originally posted by T Roy C:

Originally posted by swett2victory:

T-ROY C,
I need you to send a cowboy from Flower Mound to the East ....................really quick

[/B]

This post was edited on 1/13 11:06 PM by swett2victory
I will gladly send our head man east to lovely West Robeson County, but not sure you want him as we were 1-9 last year and 2-8 the year before. Also not sure if you would want his $131k/ yr salary either.
Please pass GO and collect $200 coach

Originally posted by Sleehrat84:
Unless they have a connection to the county by birth or by working there in the past, it is a three year gig. The Swett nation will embrace you...WIN or TIE. Otherwise, history hasn't been so kind. If I were the principal, I would pursue someone who knows the county, the high level of competition, and offer him room to bring in a few assistants if needed. Larry and some of the guys on here may know of some former area players or coaches who could right the ship. I don't think you would go wrong if you stretched the "connection" to the surrounding area...maybe even as far as Richmond county.
I think it should me someone from the Miami Saltlife area or maybe check if Booker T. Washington has a candidate. The coach should not be from the area.

It will turn into the good ol buddy buddy, or good ol pal, or we know you and you know us, or family ties, or i'm from Lauringburg, or I'm from Richmond type deal system.

This will create friction among the community. Just like you have a building for rent and you rent it out to a family member. Eventually there will be friction somewhere down the line.

It has to be someone from the town in Wizard of Oz far far far away.

Or should I say...we already know who the coach is and the system is just going through the motion and following the timeline. Its a covert operation.

This post was edited on 1/14 11:29 AM by swett2victory

Herd
The Rabbit in the Hat wont come out because the cat is being held hostage until it is time to play, or until it is time to wear the birthday suit, or until the clock strickes right

The cat is just patiently waiting for the word. he is following the rules of engagement for now

Beefy is a friend from my time in Robeson County. He's "good people". You might learn something if you listen to him.

Originally posted by Sleehrat84:
Beefy is a friend from my time in Robeson County. He's "good people". You might learn something if you listen to him.
Rat,
I concur...
Beefy Larry is my ncpreps buddy. He is funny with his short phrases. His 2 most famous ones are:

1. "I'm your daddy"
2. "Uncle" is his title

Then he disappears for 10 year and covertly sneaks up on me. I cant get a conversation out of him.

How old is Beefy Larry sir?

Well Swett2...that explains it. He is your daddy and your uncle. You know that is entirely reasonable and possible as well. See, I know Beefy. He's beef enough for two sisters.

I ran into 2 coaches this morning as I dropped my kids of to school. One referred to the situation is how jacked up it is and the other referred to "It is sad when you coaching a sport you love and trying to help kids you love but you have to keep the knives out of your back" the comment was made not just referring to football but referring to all sports.

Originally posted by the173herd:

I ran into 2 coaches this morning as I dropped my kids of to school. One referred to the situation is how jacked up it is and the other referred to "It is sad when you coaching a sport you love and trying to help kids you love but you have to keep the knives out of your back" the comment was made not just referring to football but referring to all sports.

GOGO
The applications are in
They are currently in the review process as of 16 January 2014. We will find out in or around 2 1/2 weeks....shall we

We will be back after this long break and a word from our sponsor: GOGO Go_Scots

This years Baseball team will experience a never lied story that once upon a time happened so long ago that no one can remember that 2007 era, not even the CEO. With today's technology, chef and support, Team Go_Scots will be served a chef-carved grilled black Angus Skirt Steak, with German fried potatoes and creamed spinach.

This post was edited on 1/17 12:28 PM by swett2victory

has anyone heard anything about the direction the school might go?

i know for a fact they had 27 applicants. Lums are to lazy to interview all 27 so they have an idea. i know there is a process but come on now. Summer is 5 months away and we are a 4A school. We should have had someone in mind before we asked the old coach to leave. That is how R Stone was done when the GridIronClub.com had Coach Heil in the waitings. so i know it went on again.

Now it is down to only 8 interviews, i knew my ppl wouldnt and couldnt interview 27 ppl. but give them a free buffet and they will stand in line for 27 hrs. Just saying.

so 4 were interviewed yesterday and 4 more today. the annoucement will be made in 2 weeks. what will take so long? who are the 8?

SwettRams or Mr Prez why is it taking so long?
This post was edited on 1/30 8:44 AM by the173herd

Any quality coach should be accommodated so he can either keep or bring in his chosen staff.

A principal does not have the option to do this. What would he do with the teachers who teach those classes? Unless a teacher transfers, retires or is fired these openings are not available.

This post was edited on 1/30 8:36 AM by No.1RamsFan

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT