ADVERTISEMENT

Proposed conferences

This would be good for Reidsville only 4 conference games and getting 6 non conference games. Of course one of which has to be rockingham county. I would think byhs would also make a call to play reidsville for their gate.

Reactions: UNC91
Looks a lot different for eastern 2A teams. Swo in a 2a/3a split for the first time ever. Still lucky as ever with probably the weakest 2a or 3a conference in the state. Swo will be the smallest school in the conference by far. Swo will win every game by 30

Looks a lot different for eastern 2A teams. Swo in a 2a/3a split for the first time ever. Still lucky as ever with probably the weakest 2a or 3a conference in the state. Swo will be the smallest school in the conference by far. Swo will win every game by 30
East Carteret is smaller than SWO by 200 kids with ADM of only 500. This conference was created with travel in mind for sure.

Never want to hear that Que is favoring Reidsville. Absolutely s*** conference. Bishop is only 1A with football. So they get a champions spot in playoffs every year.

Now it is clear why they divided state up before realignment and then did away with sub-dividing. I think this is a reaction to the economic impact for some schools due to the pandemic and travel and cost associated was a primary concern.

Keep in mind just an initial draft, but in my opinion it all makes sense now.

Reactions: dogs79 and BlueVols
They would have been better off putting SWO in conf 19 and letting Richlands compete in they place lol... That would definitely make conf 19 the best in the state top to bottom

Never want to hear that Que is favoring Reidsville. Absolutely s*** conference. Bishop is only 1A with football. So they get a champions spot in playoffs every year.

Weren’t we going to be in a bad conference regardless? Gives us more opportunities for big games in non conference

I think our conference is pretty weak outside of Mountain Heritage and Mitchell when they are up. Picking up Draughn, Patton and West Caldwell will only be good because it’s someone new. Our travel does and has always sucked

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueDevil1996
This is a joke. I keep reading that travel was considered and gates could be good in these conferences. I can tell you one league where neither will be good. It's amazing how the Rockingham County schools do seem to get screwed. Traveling to W-S and High Point won't save on travel and will those schools bring in gates?

Heck Owen travels to Yancey,Mitchell,Avery,Madison,Caldwell and Burke Counties from Buncombe County. Sometimes it has to be that way. There are no other 2a schools in buncombe county. They could make a split 2a-3a conference for us and group us with Enka, North Buncombe and Erwin with maybe Tuscola and Pisgah along with Madison and Brevard so
2a Owen Brevard and Madison
3a Pisgah Tuscola Enka North Buncombe and Erwin
That would be a very good conference

I think our conference is pretty weak outside of Mountain Heritage and Mitchell when they are up. Picking up Draughn, Patton and West Caldwell will only be good because it’s someone new. Our travel does and has always sucked
Not a fan of this I understand West Caldwell going into the mtn but man those are some long drives from Patton n Draughn

Crazy for Shelby and Burns to play teams in 1A. If they were going in a split con it should be 2A/3A. I'm sure Bessemer, Cherryville, and Highland Tech are thrilled.
That conference is so Unfair I mean Shelby is going roll bc even when Burns is good 8/10 times Shelby will win and Huss is rebuilding so Shelby is going to roll so Of course Shelby isn’t going have a problem with the conference publicly anyway

This is a joke. I keep reading that travel was considered and gates could be good in these conferences. I can tell you one league where neither will be good. It's amazing how the Rockingham County schools do seem to get screwed. Traveling to W-S and High Point won't save on travel and will those schools bring in gates?

2 of those teams don’t play football. I’m not sure what conference would have made rockingham count schools any money? To me reidsville could walk out better with a smaller league.

Agreed. Very bad. Definitely will have to beef up non-conference games.
Welcome to Reidsville's world for the last several years....we always get blamed for being in a sh## conference....you play who NCHSAA says you do.....our so called new conference ain't no better than the old one...................

Reactions: TheMule
Robbinsville will travel 20 miles to Andrews
40 to Murphy
About 50 to Hayesville
25 to Swain
35/40 to Cherokee

Rosman will be in another conference now. Its was about 70 miles to Rosman i guess.

Woof at that conference for Shelby. Tried this one back in the 90’s and it was pretty unpleasant.
That one was pretty bad. It was Shelby, Chase, West Lincoln, Lincolnton, Maiden, Bessemer City and Cherryville. Maiden and Cherryville were the two 1A’s. But it wasn’t nearly as bad as this one would be.

And actually there was one even worse in the early 2000s when North Lincoln first opened that was all 1A. It was more competitive but the travel was atrocious for Hendersonville and Polk. Bessemer City, Cherryville, Maiden, North Lincoln, Hendersonville, Polk County, and Highland Tech. That was the conference North Lincoln joined when they opened.

Last edited:
Reactions: crestcharger02
All I want to know is who does the pile to mock Shelby before a game like Maiden did years ago? Highland Tech or Cherryville.

Absolutely no one knows how long this pandemic will last. Could it become worse? I'm certain this realignment distance was a huge factor, considering the stands might be filled with parents only.

Now that MM and Morehead will be in the same conference as Reidsville, it just means the AD will have to find 2 extra non conference games on top of being really bad at getting games for the Rams to begin with.

But maybe we can slip up and find decent games. I didn’t want a big conference, I wanted extra non conference games.
I’m not sure what conference we could have been in that would have been satisfactory. Why not just play the county schools and two others and call it a day.

But maybe we can slip up and find decent games. I didn’t want a big conference, I wanted extra non conference games.
I’m not sure what conference we could have been in that would have been satisfactory. Why not just play the county schools and two others and call it a day.

A 2A/3A split , MM, Morehead, Reidsville, Rockingham, NE Guilford, Eastern Guilford makes better sense than anything.

The problem is, counties like Davidson and Randolph has ADs that are actually doing their diligence and you see how they all end up together just like last realignment Here in Rockingham County, no one gets along and wont work together to make things right.

Basically, Reidsville is gonna end up in a s***hole conference. Again.

Reactions: TheMule
A 2A/3A split , MM, Morehead, Reidsville, Rockingham, NE Guilford, Eastern Guilford makes better sense than anything.

The problem is, counties like Davidson and Randolph has ADs that are actually doing their diligence and you see how they all end up together just like last realignment Here in Rockingham County, no one gets along and wont work together to make things right.

Basically, Reidsville is gonna end up in a s***hole conference. Again.

Well that would have been the best option. The problem is it’s plenty of 3a teams in our area to match a conference. But 2a is bare

Well that would have been the best option. The problem is it’s plenty of 3a teams in our area to match a conference. But 2a is bare

You could have a 6 team 2A conference with Rams, Morehead, McMichael, Walkertown, N Forsyth, and West Stokes. Hell toss in East Surry since the AD thinks they are close enough for a non conference game.

Put the charter schools, N and S Stokes, Bishop Mc, WS Prep and Carver together for a 1A League.

Put HP Andrews in with the Randolph or Davidson schools.

Boom.

Another factor in the splits is the NCHSAA wanted to avoid having splits with the middle divisions. I don't think there are any 2A/3A splits. They are either 1A/2A or 3A/4A. There might be one somewhere because travel would have caused major issues were it not but at a glance I don't see any.

Another factor in the splits is the NCHSAA wanted to avoid having splits with the middle divisions. I don't think there are any 2A/3A splits. They are either 1A/2A or 3A/4A. There might be one somewhere because travel would have caused major issues were it not but at a glance I don't see any.

SWO and East Carteret (both 2A) are in a conference with 4 3A teams.

I would prefer to see SWO in a conference with WRH, JK, Clinton and East Duplin. Come playoff time, if you make the playoffs, you will be battle tested.

I would prefer to see SWO in a conference with WRH, JK, Clinton and East Duplin. Come playoff time, if you make the playoffs, you will be battle tested.

We could try and schedule those 4 for non-conference games ... that would be good. Or 3 of em along with Jacksonville.

Reactions: UNC91 and SW1985
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT