Very well stated, WOW71. I agree on all points.OC, I agree and think it will help the Dogs in all sports. Looking forward to the 1A move for the Bulldog Nation and I like the small split 1A/2A local conference which offers many more pros than cons. Gives the Dogs so much flexibility while maintaining local rivals.
- Small league helps with the scheduling of non-conference opponents.
- Secondary sports can improve, be more successful and grow rosters.
- Football, Basketball, Wrestling and Track will do very well in this conference and compete for conference, regional and within time state titles.
- Conference gates should be pretty solid for the Dogs in primary sports. ED, WD, SD and Lexington are good natural rivals and bring a pretty good crowd.
- Ledford, OG, ND and CD are still close, offer good competition and solid gates to fund the program.
- The current 9/10/11 grade classes are athletic, work hard and coachable kids. Middle school continues to send quality kids up so I see nothing but positives and great opportunity at THS with this realignment. The positive impact it will have on the student body, teachers, community and local support will be huge also.
- THS has a quality coaching staff right now that works together sharing, building, training and supporting the student athletes. We must keep our best coaches, teachers and admin staff in place and continue to grow our academic standards, parent participation, community support and expectations!
Win, Win for the Dogs!