ADVERTISEMENT

Projection with new rank and adms

What happened to put them on the line?
The final line can't be drawn until you know for sure which teams are going to make the playoffs, then you can divide them between 1a/1aa. I don't know if they are, but they may be some games played tonight that will determine if a team makes the playoffs or not and if that's the case you'll have to wait and see who wins those games.

never said they were buts its guys on here talking about maybe a run by alleghany not to mention alleghany getting a home playoff game. Fact still remains bishop beat them and after tonight they will have 7 wins not 6 with a win over alleghany so move over spartans that home playoff game is bishop to lose especially if bishop blows out wsp because you know max preps love blowouts

Bishop is NOT a good football team. Any talk of them having a legit shot at the small 1-A West is either crazy or shows the weakness of the small 1-A West (my vote is that it's crazy to suggest they have a shot).
read above post

1AA
1-MA vs 8-MIC or 9-CSOD
4-East Surry vs 5-Bess City or 12-High Tech

2-Starmount vs 7-Swain Co or 10-Cherryville
3-North Rowan vs 6-East Wilkes or 11-Polk Co

South and North Stanly to the East; but I have my doubts on NST going

Mitchell: relax! not against your team; I just made a # mistake

1AA
1-MA vs 8-MIC or 9-CSOD

Again, Cherryville will be ranked higher than CSD and MIC because of their adjusted MaxPrep ranking (20).. TJA and BC get the auto-seeds from the conference.

Tiebreakers are used on whether a team will get an automatic seed or an at-large seed. Both Mountain Island Charter and Cherryville will get at-large bids and as such they are seeded based on their adjusted MaxPreps rankings regardless on how they finish within the conference.

So by your bracket - Cherryville will be 8, MIC 9 and CSD 10

1AA
1-MA vs 8-MIC or 9-CSOD

Really wish the State would put in some rule where teams from split conferences would have to at least have a .500 record in order to get the automatic 1 seed for that conference. No way Starmount deserves to be ranked as #2 seed for the West. North Rowan and East Surry both deserve to be higher than Starmount (better records, better finish in conference).

Again, Cherryville will be ranked higher than CSD and MIC because of their adjusted MaxPrep ranking (20).. TJA and BC get the auto-seeds from the conference.

Tiebreakers are used on whether a team will get an automatic seed or an at-large seed. Both Mountain Island Charter and Cherryville will get at-large bids and as such they are seeded based on their adjusted MaxPreps rankings regardless on how they finish within the conference.

So by your bracket - Cherryville will be 8, MIC 9 and CSD 10

No. Go read the new seeding process that I have talked and talked about. Cherryville can't get seeded higher than teams that finished higher than them in their conference.

4.1.18 Playoff Berths/Qualification:

(a) Lacrosse, Tennis and Wrestling will used pre-determined brackets which will be posted on NCHSAA. Website when they become available.

(b) Conference automatic qualifiers are determined by the number of teams from a given classification in each conference as follows:

(1) 1 – 4 teams = 1 automatic qualifier

(2) 5 – 8 teams = 2 automatic qualifiers

(3) 9 or more teams = 3 automatic qualifiers

(c) Conference tournament champions automatically qualify

(1) If the regular season champion also wins the tournament, no additional berth will be awarded.

(2) If a team other than the regular season champion wins the tournament, it will automatically qualify for the playoffs. The team will be seeded as an at-large berth in the playoffs unless already automatically qualified based upon their regular season conference finish.

(d) Split conference application

(1) The highest finishing team from a given classification will automatically qualify, regardless of overall conference finish.

(2) Two teams that finish 1st and 2nd overall in the conference from the same classification will automatically qualify regardless of rule 4.1.18(a)(1-3).

NOTE: Ties for 1st place in the overall conference or for highest finisher in a classification must be broken using the established tie-breaking procedure [rule 4.1.13].

(e) If too many teams qualify using the above criteria, adjustments to the established bracket size will be made to accommodate the automatic qualifiers.

(f) If not enough teams qualify using the above criteria, the bracket will be filled by non-automatic qualifiers in that classification.

(1) Teams in their classification will be selected to fill the remaining slots in the bracket by comparing the highest finishing, non-automatic qualifying team in each conference based on adjusted MaxPreps ranking.

NOTE: Under no circumstances may a team "leap-frog" a higher finishing team in its own conference.For this procedure split conferences will have their classifications treated as seperate entities.

No. Go read the new seeding process that I have talked and talked about. Cherryville can't get seeded higher than teams that finished higher than them in their conference.

The new rule incorporated this year prevents a team from qualifying for the playoffs if a team that finishes higher in the conference does not qualify. Call it the "Trask rule".

new rule put in place: can’t jump teams in your conference that have beaten you even with higher #

Really wish the State would put in some rule where teams from split conferences would have to at least have a .500 record in order to get the automatic 1 seed for that conference. No way Starmount deserves to be ranked as #2 seed for the West. North Rowan and East Surry both deserve to be higher than Starmount (better records, better finish in conference).
Splits: .500 record OR top 3 finish

It also means that Cherryville can't be seeded until those 2 teams are. When they pick at large bids they take the next highest finishing team in each conference and compare them. They take the highest ranked team and seed them. Cherryville qill not get placed in that pool of teams until MIC and CSOD have been seeded from the pool.

NOTE: Under no circumstances may a team "leap-frog" a higher finishing team in its own conference.For this procedure split conferences will have their classifications treated as seperate entities.

Does this rule apply to qualification, or seeding? Seems as if all seeding is based on qualifiers, then MaxPreps rankings.

Step 6: Seed the brackets.

Once the qualifiers are determined and the regions are assigned, the NCHSAA will seed the state playoff brackets. Unlike the NCAA Tournament, seeding for NCHSAA playoffs is not done by a subjective committee. Instead, the Association uses a strict and simple formula to determine the seeds.

First, all regular season conference champions (and top teams from split conferences) are seeded first by their MaxPreps rankings. All second-place automatic qualifiers are seeded next by their MaxPreps rankings. Then any third-place automatic qualifiers are seeded by their MaxPreps rankings.

Once all automatic qualifiers have been seeded, the at-large teams are seeded behind them. All conference tournament champions and at-large teams, regardless of where they finish in their respective conference standings, are seeded based on their MaxPreps rankings.

The highest MaxPreps rankings are seeded first.

Once the auto-bids and at large teams are selected, split A and AA, Split E and W, the first place teams are seeded, second place teams are seeded, (third place but not sure any 1A has 9 or more teams in conference). Then at larges are seeded.

Your MaxPreps Adjusted rankings can not leap frog you over a higher finisher conference opponent, but if the higher conference finisher receives an at large bid and there is space you can also receive an at large bid and then be seeded higher than the conference finisher. (this happened in Volleyball and Soccer).

This is how it was explained to me from the NCHSAA.

Your MaxPreps Adjusted rankings can not leap frog you over a higher finisher conference opponent, but if the higher conference finisher receives an at large bid and there is space you can also receive an at large bid and then be seeded higher than the conference finisher. (this happened in Volleyball and Soccer).

1. Jefferson Classical Academy - 1A
2. Bessemer City - auto qualifier
3. Mountain Island Charter - auto qualifier
4. Community School of Davidson - at large
5. Cherryville - at large

MaxPreps has Cherryville higher than CSD. So, what Sportsguy555 has been saying is true.

Once the auto-bids and at large teams are selected, split A and AA, Split E and W, the first place teams are seeded, second place teams are seeded, (third place but not sure any 1A has 9 or more teams in conference). Then at larges are seeded.

Hmm. Where I'm getting my information from had a totally different interpretation of seeding from a convo with the NCHSAA. So who knows.

Ok, I was assuming MIC would be an auto. Cherryville would jump both MIC and CSD based on MaxPreps, regardless of conference standings.

1AA
1-MA vs 8-Cherryville or 9-MIC

2-Starmount vs 7-Swain Co or 10-CSOD

Ok, I was assuming MIC would be an auto. Cherryville would jump both MIC and CSD based on MaxPreps, regardless of conference standings.

1AA

100% it - this is your bracket.

1AA

MICS adjusted Maxpreps rankings are wrong. The state said they would correct them tomorrow. Once the new adjusted Maxpreps rankings come out tomorrow with MICS up to date record of 7-4 not 6-4 that should place them above Cherryville. The current projections are based off the adjusted rankings as of 11/5.

MICS adjusted Maxpreps rankings are wrong. The state said they would correct them tomorrow. Once the new adjusted Maxpreps rankings come out tomorrow with MICS up to date record of 7-4 not 6-4 that should place them above Cherryville. The current projections are based off the adjusted rankings as of 11/5.

Why did Mountain Island have to forfeit the first game of the year and was this announced recently?

They may jump Cherryville if that’s the case but it would be an 8/9 swap...MIC still plays Cherryville they would just have the home field...then a trip up to ole Mt Airy! That will be a game to see right there!

They may jump Cherryville if that’s the case but it would be an 8/9 swap...MIC still plays Cherryville they would just have the home field...then a trip up to ole Mt Airy! That will be a game to see right there!

I expect them to jump Swain as well. The old adjusted rankings before this week had MICS higher than Swain. Cherryville is higher than Swain in the 11/5 adjusted ranking and both teams records are up to date.

I expect the 1AA West bracket to look like this after MICS record is corrected.

AA
1-MA vs 8-Cherryville or 9-Swain

2-Starmount vs 7-MICS Co or 10-CSOD

They may jump Swain. I don't see them jumping Cherryville.

1AA
1-MA vs 8-MIC or 9-Swain

2-Starmount vs 7-Cherryville Co or 10-CSOD

Why did Mountain Island have to forfeit the first game of the year and was this announced recently?[/

1AA
1-MA vs 8-MIC or 9-Swain

Agree with this - MICS strength of schedule is what hurts them. They jump to 22-26 with new adjusted ranking...

1AA
1-MA vs 8-MIC or 9-Swain

Agree with this - MICS strength of schedule is what hurts them. They jump to 22-26 with new adjusted ranking...

They were 18 in the previous adjusted rankings. I could see between 18-20. I'm not an expert so we'll see tomorrow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT